The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The March Issue of Genii is Now Live Online with Woody Allen on the Cover (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2400 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
I'm pleased to announce the online publication of the March issue of Genii (the paper edition has already been shipped to subscribers).

On our cover is one of the world's greatest living film makers, Woody Allen, in a marvelous interview and article written by John Lovick. This is not a gratuitous exercise just to get a famous face on our cover—Woody Allen was, and is a cardman. He loves magic and always has since he was bitten by the same bug as all of us as a young teen.

It’s hard to imagine someone invoking Maynard G. Krebs, Aristophanes, Cyrano de Bergerac, Neil Gaiman, Shakespeare, Homer (not Simpson), Disneyland, Nebraska, and Quantum Mechanics in a column about magic … and it’s not Mr. Racherbaumer! The perpetrator is Jonathan Pendragon, and you’ll have to read this month’s “Panmagium” to sort it all out.

David Kaye, in “The Expert at the Kids’ Table,” talks about the end of childhood and the demise of the Tooth Fairy and Santa. A bit of innocence lost … and how a kids’ show magician should handle it.

Roberto Giobbi is in love with “gestalt.” It’s not something to be spread on rye bread, you know. Or even something to be taken lightly. Gestalt (in our field) is the nexus where all the various bits and bobs of which magic consist come together and whirl into some greater whole … in “The Genii Session.”

In “Lost Horizons” Max Maven, with the help of the sinister specter of a deceased black cat, raises a bit of a ruckus … séance style.

This month Jon Racherbaumer continues his cultural explorations through literature, and David Oliver, John Lovick, and Dustin Stinett write our reviews of “stuff” in all forms.

We have audio columns from Max Maven (about his recent trip to the site of this summer's FISM in Italy) and Jon Racherbaumer (who ponders never-to-be-answered questions about Erdnase). There is a funny 18 minute video of my trip around the dealer's room at the Columbus Magi-Fest; video in Magicana, and more surprises.

Enjoy!

www.geniimagazine.com
Dallas Robbins
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Dallas Robbins
I received my issue in the mail today and when I saw the cover it was the most plesant surprise I've had in a long time. It was completely unexpected, but absolutely perfect. Love it.
ablanathanalba
View Profile
Loyal user
Can't really boast with only
256 Posts

Profile of ablanathanalba
Can't wait!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » GENII - The Conjurors' Magazine » » The March Issue of Genii is Now Live Online with Woody Allen on the Cover (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL