The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Questions on Busking in the UK? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

lexy453
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of lexy453
Hi there,

I am an American college student and I am applying for a grant to go to the UK and busk over this upcoming summer. Part of the grant application involves having a field contact in the area. I was wondering if anyone on here who is familiar with busking in the UK - I was hoping to go to London, Bath, York and finally Edinburgh for the Fringe - might be willing to help out? More than anything my questions would focus on busking culture in the area, so that I am prepared for each place I go to. Please message me if you would be willing to help out!

Thanks,
Drew
James_Kelsey
View Profile
New user
72 Posts

Profile of James_Kelsey
Mario Morris is the guy you want to talk to. He runs the School of Busking in Cardiff and has done his show all around the world. You can find his info at schoolofbusking.com.
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Hi yes Busking on magic corner in Covent garden is O.K. but does get busy in the summer Edinburgh will be busy and costly
you can busk in most towns the police are O.K. London in some places you need a permit like south bank ,Camden town is a no go Trafalgar sq. is o.k best to find me on face book mike Alan in a brown hat plus ken Dodd good luck Mario Morris would be a good help so would Sergio in Covent garden .....good luck www.magiciansinlondon.co.uk
lexy453
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of lexy453
Thanks Mike, just added you on Facebook! If you don't mind I'll message you on Facebook with specific questions in the future if I have them? And I will try and get in contact with Mario Morris. Thanks guys!
mike bonfield
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of mike bonfield
Lexy 453 hi sorry I deleted the request on face book please try again or message me your face book name
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Questions on Busking in the UK? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL