The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Electric cord (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
8024 Posts

Profile of funsway
Is anyone doing a C&R charging cord or earphone cable or extension cord?

years ago I did Christmas tree light thing that lit when I twisted the broken wires together -- then was fully restored.

Many possibilites.
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

ShareBooks at www.eversway.com * questions at funsway@eversway.com
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Use to do Klamm's C&R light cord with the bulb that would go on or off. Didn't feel comfortable doing it around kids. As a side note I use to do a C&R VHS tape.
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Dan Harlan does it with earphones in his Tarbell course. Having noticed how many people have white earphones where I work, I'm definitely going to consider this.

I've done "phone charger through neck" too, as I was asked whether I could do anything with it. Worked surprisingly well!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I do it with peoples headphones for their cell phone or mp3 player. It always gets a good rea action.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
StevieDee
View Profile
Regular user
Salt Lake City area
154 Posts

Profile of StevieDee
I used to do a cut and restored microphone cord. I used a Funkenring for added effect.
Proximo
View Profile
New user
Belgium
85 Posts

Profile of Proximo
I also saw Dan's Tarbell course about the earphones.
I am using this. It gets really, really good reactions and it has a modern feel about it.
And nowadays you don't even have to search hard to find someone who has earphones on them.
roningramii
View Profile
New user
Van Buren, Arkansas
18 Posts

Profile of roningramii
I have a cell phone repair shop and can C&R the charge cord. Have to be careful to pick the right customer to do it to though. They are not expecting that from a repair shop.
Ron Ingramii
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5603 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Back in the 90's I did a cut and restored power cord for a vacuum manufacturer.
B.W. McCarron
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle, WA USA
227 Posts

Profile of B.W. McCarron
I included a cut and restored TV cable routine in my "VCR Magic" book that others told me was pretty cool. The book had a really small print run (100 copies) and shows up on ebay once in awhile.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Knots and loops » » Electric cord (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL