The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
This should hopefully be with us in the UK on Monday.

You can check it out here http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/w......ert.html
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Cole Gross
View Profile
Elite user
Fresno, CA
437 Posts

Profile of Cole Gross
We got this in stock today and it is very cool.

Order from Hocus Pocus before Feb 28th and get FREE WORLDWIDE SHIPPING.

http://www.hocus-pocus.com/magicshop/?p=29038

If you have any questions let me know.

Cole
Cole
Hocus Pocus Magic
Toll Free: 800-407-4040
www.hocus-pocus.com
davidpaul$
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburgh, Pa
2969 Posts

Profile of davidpaul$
This question hasn't been answered although asked several times.....
Here goes again.
What is the cost of the replacement gimmicks and how many do you receive?
Janet mentioned receiving 40+ gimmicks with the initial order of Wishbone. What does 40+ mean?
I work 3 restaurants a week 40 won't go very far.
Looks interesting....
If you can't help worrying, remember worrying can't help you!
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Hi David I believe we settled on 41 gimmicks in the original pack. The refills will be $15 for 25 gimmicks and will be available in the not to distant future. Congrats on the weekly gigs!
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
I just received wishbone and the password given to access the tutorial is incorrect. Can anyone PLEASE help me with the correct password? THANKS
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Hi Bronx I saw your private message and sent you the correct password, I am looking into this matter now as it appears you received a sticker with the wrong passcode on it. If anybody else experiences a problem with the passcode while I look into this please don't hesitate to contact me.
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
Sorry, the effect was ordered through Murphy's Magic, so it was their password that didn't work. If anyone ordered through the same vendor, please let me know if you have the correct pw. Thanks so much. I have actually figured out a method that will work, although I'm not sure it's the right one. I'm going to try it at the event I"m doing tomorrow anyway and see how well I do. I'm using it for one of my corporate clients and it fits beautifully with their messaging at the event. I may need to order a s***load of refills Smile
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
Thank you, Bro. That was, in fact, the problem. This was clearly a password for a different effect (PHWALLET) Two wallets that magically stick together?? Smile

In any event, I really appreciate your help. I've left word with Murphy's about the error. Hopefully, it didn't go out that way to everyone. Have a great weekend.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Regular user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
199 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
It has been about two weeks since I first asked about this. Is there a video showing a better handling (than in the original trailer) which shows two separate sticks, as stated by the Bro Gilbert, earlier in this thread?
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
The video loads for me at Murphy's site, but I am unable to save the video, despite there being a link to do so. Anyone else? I'm simply given the message that the file (which appears to be named 'Octopalm') is unavailable.
It's all in the reflexes.
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
I will pass that news on Illucifer and make sure that is something that get's fixed with the provider.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Cheers, Bro! I actually did just that, and it seems they're on it.

Let me just say that this thing is beautifully, simply brilliant. A wonderful, memorable moment of strange (to cop Paul's words). Please, everyone, leave this alone so that I can be the only one (other than Bro) performing it round the world.
People will keep this magical souvenir, show it to friends, and talk about it for a long time. Just fantastic.

I perform in the world of Harry Potter quite regularly (at Universal's Diagon Alley & Hogsmeade), and I'm sure you all know how wildly popular that franchise it. If you want a different, funny presentational framing, or one that you can use outside coffee shops, talk about Potter and the role that magic wands play in the story. "What are our modern day magic wands?", you ask. "The things that we wave around to give ourselves power? Coffee stirrers, of course! They conjure a potion of sugar and caffeine - potent stuff!"
You could even discuss how it is "the wand that chooses the wizard" and work that into the signing and the final magical moment.
As for breaking the wands, not sure how you squeeze that in, but get creative and you'll think of something.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2472 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
Wishbone has arrived with us in the UK and is ready to ship http://www.saturnmagic.co.uk/new-magic/w......ert.html

This is one of those rare items where you can really take it out of the box and do it almost right away.

It has nice classy packaging as well!
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
bronx
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of bronx
I've had a few days to work on this and I have to say, it's a GREAT routine. I am not using the wishbone premise as it doesn't really fit the corporate work I do. But the idea of 'two elements joining' absolutely does. And the fact that the magic happens in the spectator's hands is one of my sure fire crowd-pleasers in my trade show work. I'll be making a considerable investment in the gimmicks. GREAT JOB, BRO ...
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
I'll note a couple of small manufacturing discrepancies here, but nothing presentation and handling shouldn't be able to smooth over. The gimmicks are a hair wider and just a bit thicker than the stir sticks at Starbucks (this may vary with with other coffee houses and Cafés, obviously). They're rather a three-layer affair, with the center layer being darker than the outer layers. This won't in any way deter me from doing the trick, but I likely won't leave the longer, broken off pieces on the table for examination and comparison.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7294 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I am liking the premise of this effect. I just think I am thinking too much like a magician on this one. How are some of the reactions you guys are getting. Not on presentation but the actual effect. Is it strong?
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1277 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
This looks perfect for those times when spectators would like you to perform Anniversary Waltz again. It's such a magical moment!
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Just a note that we did a lot of research on stir sticks before settling on these ones. (Only in magic would you hear a sentence like that! ) We found that in different areas around the world sticks can vary a little in size thickness etc. and these were the closest we found to matching the standard sticks in Starbucks and common chain coffee shops around the globe. I explain this in the teaching but keep in mind people really are not stir stick experts and are not looking at the microscopic details on the sticks when they use them. Our interaction with stir sticks in the real world typically lasts about 5 seconds or less. We order our coffee, go over to the counter, put in our cream, sugar grab a stir stick whip it around for a few seconds and throw the stir stick in the garbage. This all happens up at the counter and then you head out into the world or go sit down. Having performed this hundreds of times, nobody has ever picked up a broken piece of stick and tried to compare it against other coffee sticks. All of the focus is on the impossible signed wishbone souvenir that they are now holding in their hands. After your performance you should do a little tidy up anyways and be pocketing those broken pieces for the future. Hope that helps clarify.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Everything Bro just said.
It's a brilliant trick that will really stay with people.
oralroberts
View Profile
Special user
South Africa
922 Posts

Profile of oralroberts
I once watched Bro eat a taco from a street vendor in L.A - he did not even realise that is what I wished for Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL