The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
pierredan
View Profile
Special user
Dai Vernon's birthplace
533 Posts

Profile of pierredan
I just received mine and it did not come with a DVD just s download link. Is this right?
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Hi Pierredan

So sorry for the mix up. Looks like a typo in the ads. Wishbone comes with a download...not a DVD.

Always something!

Janet Harris
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2772 Posts

Profile of John Long
I agree with some of the others that seemed to think this was not that strong of an effect.

- The signing of the sticks seems a very awkward procedure.
- The reason for fusing the sticks needs motivation (comparing the fusing of the sticks to the merging of two lives in marriage could help)
- The moment of magic seems diluted by the visual impression being delayed (it takes some time to see that the sticks are fused, not just stuck together), at least that was my response to it.

In contrast, Sankey has an effect (Temporary Insanity) that uses essentially the same method, that has a much stronger impression on me whenever I watch it: where a finger ring is truly put on a straw, pulled off a straw (while bent in a "U"), and then put back on. Its a fantastic visual, two moments of magic, and no need to buy refills

John
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2396 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I just went to the Jay Sankey site and did not see anything that mentioned temporary insanity.
jcroop
View Profile
Special user
748 Posts

Profile of jcroop
It is on his Gimmicks Lab DVD and Stretcher DVD.

He gave it away for free to generate interest for his subscription site. It may still be on Youtube.

It is very visual.
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2396 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Awesome thanks I'll check it out.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2772 Posts

Profile of John Long
Quote:
On Mar 8, 2015, jcroop wrote:
It is on his Gimmicks Lab DVD and Stretcher DVD.

He gave it away for free to generate interest for his subscription site. It may still be on Youtube.

It is very visual.

I got the free instructional video late last fall, it is very good.
You can also find the basic effect in 100% Sankey: Tying The Knot. This version uses a bill instead of a straw, and adds a different, and more difficult last phase.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1019 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Just a very small thing, but am I the only one who thinks it would look and feel better if the signatures were on the fused sticks but on opposite sides? I think it would make a tremendous difference, really. If they are both on one side, one quick glance will be all they need at the end to not care as much. If they are on opposite, they will want to look at it more and it will just make it much more memorable looking.
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Thanks for the nice idea Sashac, I've never tried it like that Smile
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4205 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Performed it tonight.
As two adults signed the two sticks I noticed that two kids looked extremely hopeful to be included so I had them sign the opposite two sides.
Four signatures, four hands on and one lovely clean miracle.
I really like this Wishbone effect very much.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Great idea, Sashac.
Kudos, Eddie!

I love this little moment of strange.
It's all in the reflexes.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
This just passed the girlfriend test with flying colors. Now, I very rarely do magic just for her. In most cases, she'd be a spectator watching me perform for others. This created a real moment of wonder for her; that involuntary laughter kind of wonder. Just perfect. Thank you, Bro and Paul, for this little miracle. Can't wait to make more moments with this.
It's all in the reflexes.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Hey guys, just got mine. I cant find where to access the instructions? all I recieved were the gimmicks. help? thank you Smile
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Hi James the code will be on a sticker in the lid of the box. I have already messaged you. Get back to me so I know you are all set.
Stiltzkin
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Stiltzkin
Received this earlier in the week and like others can't find the instructions. No DVD and as suggests above, no sticker in the box, just the (well made) gimmicks.

Googling a solution brought me here...
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17126 Posts

Profile of joseph
Perform Slomotion, hand out stick, get 2
more and do this one. ...
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Sent you a pm Stiltzkin. Let me know you are taken care of.
dmoses
View Profile
Inner circle
2196 Posts

Profile of dmoses
I promised Bro that if we used Wishbone in a television show we are producing I would publicly and honestly post about the lay people's reactions to the effect. I thought the product was a natural-- a direct effect with familiar items… some members of the magic team, like many on this thread, were skeptical.

To be clear, our presentation wasn't the same as the one that comes with the effect, and we didn't use the "basic" method. That said, our presentation is a completely obvious one (if 'going out for coffee with friends' is something you enjoy doing) and by "not basic" I mean, we put a little effort into it (ie. a simple switch with a little bit of misdirection.)

We performed it for several spectators and the reactions ranged from laughter to amazement to both with tears… yes, tears.

There are many valid reasons not to perform this or any other effect-- but "because its not strong magic" can't be one of them.

Best

d
"You're a comedian. You wanna do mankind a service, tell funnier jokes."
TPR by Dave Moses and Iain Dunford
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
Glad it played well for you guys DMoses, looking forward to seeing the footage Smile
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
A great review Smile and some more live performance of Wishbone !

https://youtu.be/PAtLApKO80s
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL