The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It's bloody brilliant, I agree.
It's all in the reflexes.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1631 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I know this may sound strange, but I'm glad that I've figured out the gimmick because now it makes me want to buy this. I was trying to understand how there was no switch involved and it now makes perfect sense after watching Dave's performance. You guys are brilliant. I'm totally ordering it now.

Quote:
On Apr 8, 2015, Bro Gilbert wrote:
A great review Smile and some more live performance of Wishbone !

https://youtu.be/PAtLApKO80s
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Mar 31, 2015, dmoses wrote:
I promised Bro that if we used Wishbone in a television show we are producing I would publicly and honestly post about the lay people's reactions to the effect. I thought the product was a natural-- a direct effect with familiar items… some members of the magic team, like many on this thread, were skeptical.

To be clear, our presentation wasn't the same as the one that comes with the effect, and we didn't use the "basic" method. That said, our presentation is a completely obvious one (if 'going out for coffee with friends' is something you enjoy doing) and by "not basic" I mean, we put a little effort into it (ie. a simple switch with a little bit of misdirection.)

We performed it for several spectators and the reactions ranged from laughter to amazement to both with tears… yes, tears.

There are many valid reasons not to perform this or any other effect-- but "because its not strong magic" can't be one of them.

Best

d

Dave-

If I might ask are you tying this in with a Mentalism angle I assume? Energy, power of two, etc?

I saw this on the WPR for the 1st time today and I can see what it is I think but my concern was that it might be too magicky perhaps. Then again with the organic nature of the wood sticks it might work for a Mentalist no?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Also how many gimmicks are in each set please (sorry of this was asked before)?
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10627 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Oops I see the ad now - 40 gimmicks included.
Weddingmagician
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of Weddingmagician
Any news on when refills will be available for this?
PHSIS
View Profile
Veteran user
Kailua-Kona HI
386 Posts

Profile of PHSIS
Refills will be available in the not so distant future Smile Likely $15 dollars for 25 or so refills.
Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6998 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Fantastic trick. I'm not usually a situational magic kind of guy but I might have to get this
MOMENT'S NOTICE LIVE 3 - Six impromptu card tricks! Out now! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/moments-notice-live-3.html
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1694 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Getting this one ~ this was actually the effect that brought me back to magic ~ good job guys at Paul Harris Productions ... BTW anyone knows the name of the music used in the background of the trailer ? Soundz really soothing ....

Hongyu
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1393 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
It's a good one, Cam.
It's all in the reflexes.
AceFace
View Profile
Veteran user
Ponta delgarda Azores
348 Posts

Profile of AceFace
Got this on Saturday, totally baffled the missus, went to Costa coffee today and done this for the staff omg I got some of the best reactions I've ever had. This is so visual and so impossible it just kills, I like the fact that it takes your spectator a couple of seconds to even work out what just happened in thier hand. BRILLIANT
stookie31
View Profile
Veteran user
305 Posts

Profile of stookie31
I've been working this a fair bit, I love it so much I just bought it twice rather than wait for refils.
Ive performed it 60 times since I got it.

I work in two restaurants every week and have used those to try this out.

I love it as a piece, a moment and often end my set with it if the group has two people who I know have a conneciton.
Mothers day was brilliant for this.
Couples, siblings, anyone you feel may like to share a moment.

Handling is easy, no-one has ever suspected anything and the reactions are great.
It's a very different piece and really nice to perform.
No-one has ever questioned why I have two coffee sticks but my approach and patter kind of justifies it.

I can't recommend this enough in terms of a working piece.

I've shown other magi, who just don't get it, but I will say, those are the ones not out there working to the public, so maybe they don't understand what it is the public reacts to.
Bro Gilbert
View Profile
New user
79 Posts

Profile of Bro Gilbert
So happy you guys are enjoying Wishbone it is truly one of Paul and I's favourite effects and you are now finding out why ! There will be refills in the not so distant future. Thanks for taking the time to describe your live performances with it. Always makes me happy.
Spicoli
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of Spicoli
Going to pick this up just to have for those times I plan on going to a coffee shop to meet with friends. Little something to blow some minds. Nice thinking!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8909 Posts

Profile of pegasus
These gimmicks cost an astonishing one pound each when you take postage into account also. Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Nah ~ 1 buck for a good audience reaction is worth it . Doing it at a gigs will easily earn back the bucks spent to buy wishbone . Of course you can too write down ur phone no. on the wishstick and hopefully get a rebooking

- Albert Einstein
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8909 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Pounds not Bucks. Smile
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

Em ... Got it wrong sry ~ Small mistakes made by a human should be forgiven ...

- Albert Einstein
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4324 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I got this today After watching a live demo,really nice so I had to pick it up,i take it Starbucks are the only one who have coffee stick's that look like these? I was in two coffe shop's to day and they were smaller and thiner.I will see how this goes before I even think of spending money on refills.
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1694 Posts

I got amazing reactions from this , after using 13 sticks I realized I will definitely be getting refills ... I suggest enphasing that those two sticks are separated before the effect starts ... In this case I feel emphasizing the obvious is a bit necessary ...

- Albert Einstein
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Wishbone by Paul Harris and Bro Gilbert (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL