The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Blank deck routines. (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magico
View Profile
Special user
Connecticut
862 Posts

Profile of magico
"Fade Away" and you will find it on his 22 Blows To The Head DVD. He also sold it under the name Brainwash.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2015, magico wrote:
"Fade Away" and you will find it on his 22 Blows To The Head DVD. He also sold it under the name Brainwash.

And also in The Definitive Sankey, volume 3, pp. 1421-1423 as Fade Away. Again, I've used the ***** for YEARS but never thought of using it for a Blizzard type effect. I may not agree with some of Sankey's marketing tactics but there is no denying that he has created soe amazingly innovative magic as well as dusting very old methods and applying them in compelling ways.

Thanks Magico! I couldn't remember the name of the routine but I knew I had it somewhere!

Best,
Vlad
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Blank Ambition . Card Corner . Linking Ring Magazine 1992
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
magikyle
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of magikyle
A little different than what you may be after, but in Tyler Wilson's book "Dominatricks", he includes something called the Fade Change by Jack Parker in the left-handed edition, that is a crazy visual way of vanishing all the ink off the face card of the deck. You could either be working with a blank deck behind the face card, or do a reverse thumb fan to reveal a "blank deck" Smile
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, magikyle wrote:
A little different than what you may be after, but in Tyler Wilson's book "Dominatricks", he includes something called the Fade Change by Jack Parker in the left-handed edition, that is a crazy visual way of vanishing all the ink off the face card of the deck. You could either be working with a blank deck behind the face card, or do a reverse thumb fan to reveal a "blank deck" Smile

This sounds promising for walk around... I really like it! Thanks man! So many freaking ideas! My fingers hurt from trying them out!
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
I would like to add Kyle Purnell's Blank Inside to this list of blank deck tricks.

Blank inside, released by Vanishing Inc., is a "...blizzard type effect that has no deck switch, gimmicks, or equivoque", can be done strolling, and ends clean, with a strong 1+2 finish that I doubt anyone will see coming.

I like that this effect gives me options to go along with Sanders Alpha Deck, which is another trick that should be added to this list.
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Gerald Deutsch
View Profile
Special user
526 Posts

Profile of Gerald Deutsch
On November 1, 2007 I posted The Bizarre Blanks on the Perverse Magic thread of the Genii Forum (page 117 of Gerald Deutsch's Perverse Magic: The First Sixteen Years) where after performing a few card effects the magician has a woman select a card and then, using an eyeglass cleaner pressed against the woman's finger and tells her the name of her card.

Then when he looks for her card he finds to his surprise and confusion that the entire deck is now blank.
iamoneamongeleven
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of iamoneamongeleven
One of my absolute favorite blank deck routines is Jon Allen’s “Rule of three”. I have residencies at various establishments 7 days a week and have been using rule of three in my set for the past 4 years. I literally just purchased my first replacement deck last weekend( so you know it holds up).

BUT....................... to give variety,

I will add that if I’m not using Rule of Three as my blank deck routine, my go to substitute is Anthony Miller’s “ Colossal Blizzard”

After rocking with both of these routines for the past several years, I can confidently say they have my stamp of approval.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Trost on Matching the Cards
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
My favorite blank deck effects:

Great Triumph by Shoot Ogawa
Shootin' Blanks by Michael O'Brien
What the Blank by Shoot Ogawa
Drawing a Blank by Michael O'Brien
3 Blank Monte by Jon Armstrong
Chicago Closer by Michael O'Brien
Blank Ambitious Card Routine by Suzanne
Mental Photography as performed by Bill Malone
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
corpmagi
View Profile
Special user
New York
725 Posts

Profile of corpmagi
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2019, obrienmagic wrote:

Suzanne’s Blank Ambition and Gregory Wilson’s Name Tag routine(s) are based on my Blank Ambition routine that was published in Ruminations Magazine vol1 #5 1986. You might want to track that down, or look for it in John Bannon’s Card Corner Column in The Linking Ring.
A Modern Trade Show Handbook
www.trafficstoppers.com/handbook
obrienmagic
View Profile
Special user
753 Posts

Profile of obrienmagic
Quote:
On Jul 5, 2019, corpmagi wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 4, 2019, obrienmagic wrote:

Suzanne’s Blank Ambition and Gregory Wilson’s Name Tag routine(s) are based on my Blank Ambition routine that was published in Ruminations Magazine vol1 #5 1986. You might want to track that down, or look for it in John Bannon’s Card Corner Column in The Linking Ring.

That sounds great! Very helpful thank you!
Visit my online store at http://www.obrienmagic.com/magic-shop Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Blank deck routines. (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL