The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Low Light Camcorder (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Bendeck
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of Bendeck
In some uncontrolled performances, stage lights are sometimes dimmer than your usual full stage light; such as purple stage lights. While the audience have no trouble seeing the show, some cameras do.

I'm looking for a very good camcorder with HD features that's able to take good low light videos.

(I've used excellent DSLR cameras before, but there's always a video recording limit)

Any help is much appreciated

Thanks Smile

p.s. I've seen older camcorder threads, but it's 2015 now, with more models to choose from Smile
PCoreyB
View Profile
Regular user
139 Posts

Profile of PCoreyB
For good low light performance in a camcorder you need a large sensor. The Sony HDR-CX 900 has a 1" sensor and performs great in lowlight. It's an HD camera.

The Sony AX100 has the same sensor but will also record in 4k. This is the one I have and Ive used it for several live performances and wedding receptions which are notorious for bad lighting.

Both of these are a little pricy for consumer level camcorders but they are great cameras with many pro features. Ballpark prices would be $1200 and $2000.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » You Oughta Be In Pictures » » Low Light Camcorder (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL