The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psychic Chess 2.0 by Brian Watson (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 14, 2015, JanForster wrote:
Use real people as chess pieces...

Jan, exactly what I hinted above... Smile

My gigantic idea was PEOPLE compared to tiny pieces of cardboard, and I also have an idea for INCLUDING TWO OTHER PEOPLE beside the human chess pieces.

Proof that we often stop thinking too soon!

I've just PM'd Slim about the history of my effect. It started off (circa 1990) on cassette tape. I had 2 cassettes and would switch depending on the chosen piece. I then streamlined and did away with the cassette. The main reason being that it made it obvious that the outcome was always the same. This was the published version, however there was memory work involved.

I then improved it further by totally eliminating any memory work and released it as Psychic Chess 2.0.

Now, even more great ideas are flowing thanks to everyone's input! I love it!

Bri
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

LOTH... Please could you PM me?
Thanks
Bri
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Bri:

Regarding Jan's marvelous of using real people as the chess pieces, visibility would seem to require larger versions of the cards--say, 8" by 10", or even larger. Do you have plans to come out with a larger version of the props, or do we have clearance to make a larger set from what you sold us?

George
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

George,

It's designed as a mental effect that is always with you ready to go anywhere and so the cards fit into a single credit card slot in your wallet. If you wish to make a larger set up for your own performance and are not marketing or selling them then by all means do so. Smile

Bri
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
1733 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Bri:

Thanks, may do.

George
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Profile of Lord Of The Horses
Either I miss something OR one can CHANGE the prediction each time, if one wants to!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

You could... The memory hooks that are hidden in plain sight are for the set effect though, you'd have to alter the wording for the pieces.

Basically, once you have it down you could use anything. The only reason I use chess pieces is to set the scene that the mentalist is thinking several steps ahead of the participant. Like a grand master....
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
You could... The memory hooks that are hidden in plain sight are for the set effect though, you'd have to alter the wording for the pieces.

Basically, once you have it down you could use anything. The only reason I use chess pieces is to set the scene that the mentalist is thinking several steps ahead of the participant. Like a grand master....

Brian, yeah... but how about the master stock broker that is able to see several steps ahead and getting the big payoff at the end... so the 6 objects could be MONEY!
Then you'll rise right before my eyes, on wings that fill the sky, like a phoenix rising!
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Great idea Paolo!!
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Just got this!

Very well done! I love it! Simple and to the point.

As I did mention before it can be played as "light" or "comedy" piece by giving to any person on stage a giant postcard of a chess piece.

Another person can walk up and down the line of human chess pieces and yet another person can be a "judge" holding the final prediction.

Good job, Brian! Smile
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Here you can get people to play easy as human chess pieces

I went to the site etc. any writeup on what the routine is? Not method - I mean, what exactly if I was a volunteer would experience?

thanks!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Lord Of The Horses
View Profile
Inner circle
5410 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Dr Spektor wrote:

I went to the site etc. any writeup on what the routine is? Not method - I mean, what exactly if I was a volunteer would experience?

thanks!

Bruce, watch this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0D8Yrz2n530&feature=youtu.be
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Quote:
On Apr 26, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Just got this!

Very well done! I love it! Simple and to the point.

As I did mention before it can be played as "light" or "comedy" piece by giving to any person on stage a giant postcard of a chess piece.

Another person can walk up and down the line of human chess pieces and yet another person can be a "judge" holding the final prediction.

Good job, Brian! Smile

Thanks Paolo!
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, Lord Of The Horses wrote:
Either I miss something OR one can CHANGE the prediction each time, if one wants to!

Quote:
On Apr 21, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:

I am so interested in this but I have one thing before I bite the bullet. It seems that this only has the one ending? It always ends with the same Piece? So I would not be able to repeat this trick? Also the spec can't name thier own number of moves? Not a big deal just wondering but the the most important is my first questions about the ending.
Any help on finding the answers I would appreciate it. Thank You.
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13154 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
The object of chess IS to capture the king.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Mar 24, 2018, Tony Iacoviello wrote:
The object of chess IS to capture the king.

Very true. But makes this kinda obvious or maybe it's that guilt thing. HeHe
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
556 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
I realise this is an old thread but I have only just discovered the effect which is still available, however I have reservations. In the video it looks like he 'peeks' the starting position? Am I wrong?
Use the FORCE Luke.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2018, art85y wrote:
I realise this is an old thread but I have only just discovered the effect which is still available, however I have reservations. In the video it looks like he 'peeks' the starting position? Am I wrong?

That is what I saw too. This is probably a part of how the entire effect plays out. I don't want to give anything away but I think it gives a starting position for the numbers he instructs after that.

Mods..If me saying this in public is wrong let me know and I will edit out the last bit.
Papa Legba
View Profile
Special user
home-an unremarkable spiral arm of an insignificant galaxy
556 Posts

Profile of Papa Legba
Bif, I don't think we are revealing anything by speculating on a public performance/video, imho.
I am currently playing around with a version similar to Docc Hilford's 'The Note'
Use the FORCE Luke.
BifKahuna
View Profile
New user
77 Posts

Profile of BifKahuna
That's true Art, I will have to check the one you mentioned out as well.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Mentally Speaking » » Psychic Chess 2.0 by Brian Watson (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL