The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Sanada Gimmick : HELP! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Hey...Im new to spongeball magic and I have recently purchased a great routine that requires the use of the Sanada gimmick...Since this is the first time I have ever used the gimmick (or heard of it for that matter) I really have no idea on how it should fit ...
Thanks...any help is appreciated
~joeKing
academy
View Profile
Veteran user
386 Posts

Profile of academy
Hello joeKing, Jay Scott Berry marketed the Sanada gimmick under the name "Cloaking device". You can find a thread on this topic Here!

Hope this helps
Academy
ralphdean
View Profile
Veteran user
Northern Ca
302 Posts

Profile of ralphdean
Thanks for that link. My first thought was why not call the Sanada a Sanada but the link answered my question and made me interested in the video too.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
"You say Sanayda and I say Sanahda. You say Potayta and I say Potahta. Potayta, Potahta. Sanayda, Sanahda. Let's call the whole thing off."

With apologies to the Gershwins
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
ellisd
View Profile
Veteran user
Sacramento
330 Posts

Profile of ellisd
In Kenton Kneppers' Little book of Wonders he has a routine where he uses a slightly modified one to give the illusion of smooshing the head of a spoon.
http://www.erictheballoondude.com

Balloon Twisting for all of Sacramento!
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Kenton also has a very good sponge ball routine on his video close up and unpublished
davidcarlo
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of davidcarlo
Most sponge ball handlings that call for use of the Sanada can be done just as effectively without. Not a big fan . . .
Dave Le Fevre
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1651 Posts

Profile of Dave Le Fevre
Just for your information, davidcarlo, the sponge ball routine that mattisdx refers to doesn't in fact use a Sanada Gimmick.

Dave
The Ozzy Osbourne of the 34x27
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
Dan Garrett uses the Sanada gimmick extensively and I beleive he goes over it's use on his Connivery Series of Videos. I know when I first saw it I wasn't impressed but after seeing it in the hands of a master I realized what an amazing tool it could be.
Necromancer
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
3041 Posts

Profile of Necromancer
Scott Guinn uses this gaff to do a perfectly impossible Bill To Lemon that you may want to check out.
Creator of The Xpert (20 PAGES of reviews!) and the Hands-Off Multiple ESP System ("Quality and design far exceed any ESP cards on the market"-Genii), and contributor to the ebook GOLD: When It HAS To Be Performance GOLD -- all at Penguin.
JJP161
View Profile
Special user
Columbus, Ohio
509 Posts

Profile of JJP161
I must also agree with Necromancer, Scott Guinn's Bill To Lemon is fantastic, easily one of my favorite routines.
Jamie Schoolcraft
View Profile
Regular user
Palmdale, CA
136 Posts

Profile of Jamie Schoolcraft
They used to be available through Steven's Magic Emporium.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14062 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You can get a good one by ordering either evan's linking rubber bands, or the effect called "cream" from Hank Lee. They both include this gimmick with the package.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mindhunter
View Profile
Inner circle
Upstate NY
2163 Posts

Profile of mindhunter
Although this is probabally the wrong place to post this, it fit in.

I have a Sanada Gimmick complete with 2 or 3 "super softee" multi-colored sponge balls that I will let go for $20 postage-paid in US via PayPal if anyone is interested.

I bought this direct from Bob King's kitchen a few years ago after he COMPLETELY KILLED me effect-wise with this! I should have known better but was a moment of pure magic in his hands...PM me

Bryn
*QUARANTINE SPECIAL!!!*
"The Safwan Papers" & "The LOGAR Scrolls Mentalism ebooks - Now just $20 each!

Just PayPal to:
bryn@darkmountainarts.com
(No PayPal account? Just shoot me your email and I'll send you an invoice that can be paid with any card.)

REVIEWS:
" The Safwan Papers":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=253272&forum=15

"THE LOGAR SCROLLS":
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewtopic.php?topic=464100&forum=303&70

Browse my Artwork!
https://www.darkmountainarts.com
Facebook & Instagram: #DarkMountainArts
joeKing
View Profile
Special user
United States
979 Posts

Profile of joeKing
Guinn sells his PB & J Routine will all its "equipment" needed (sanada, 3 sponges, purse frame) for $15
~joeKing
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I second the PB&J routine, it is the only sponge ball routine I do, and VERY VERY VERY powerful and commerical.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4397 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2004-02-08 11:30, JJP161 wrote:
Dan Garrett uses the Sanada gimmick extensively and I beleive he goes over it's use on his Connivery Series of Videos. I know when I first saw it I wasn't impressed but after seeing it in the hands of a master I realized what an amazing tool it could be.

Dan has a great routine where he produces an egg from the empty hands.

Jay Scott Berry also uses his version of it very effectively. It made me question whether I should get one the other year when I saw him, and I've been aware of it for years.

Paul.
gshorn
View Profile
New user
Dalllas TX
5 Posts

Profile of gshorn
If your question is about the gimmick itself, here's some thoughts.

There are several experts out there. I certainly don't know them all, but the folks I have seen who really know how to work this gimmick include Jay Scott Berry, Dan Garrett, Bob King.

It is key that you "fit" the gimmick to your hand (fingers). The length (top to bottom) should meet the joints when the finger are "naturally" curved or bent. The width should be fit so the surrounding fingers cover the sides. Use VERY sharp scissors. Depending on the "load" the gimmick can be weak on its centerlind. A strip of strong taps (duct tape) on the backside (inside) will provide some reinforcing.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24279 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
Jay Scott Berry's "Cloaking Device" is not the same as the Sanada Gimmick. It is a modified Sanada Gimmick. His modification allows the performer to pre-load the Sanada gimmick. He sells the standard Sanada Gimmick as well as his Cloaking Device and his "FS-2" which is a further amplification of the Sanada.

I saw him demonstrate all of the above last night at his lecture in Houston.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Turk
View Profile
Inner circle
Portland, OR
3545 Posts

Profile of Turk
I love JSB's magic. He is one of the great magic thinkers and performers in all of magic. Watching him perform Symphony of the Ring is almost a religious experience.(How many times have you watched a magic routine and just sat there in awe and said "Now, THAT's real magic"?) His use of the Cloaking Device is equally as strong.

I own both JSB's Cloaking Device and the standard Sanada gimmick. I was certainly interested in Bill Palmer's last post and I'm now wondering if the Cloaking Device and the FS-2 are different from each other? If so, are they so different in methodology or structureso that certain effects can only be accomplished with one and not the other? For instance, is the FS-2 basically just an improvement of the Cloaking Device that merely makes "Cloaking Device magic" easier to perform? Or, if I owned the FS-2, I could do everything I can presently do with the Cloaking Device and then some additional effects that are not achievable w/o the FS-2?

I certainly don't mind buying the FS-2 if it is either a vast improvment of the Cloaking Device or if the FS-2 allows performance of effects not achievable by the Cloaking Device.

Thanks for any info.

Mike
Magic is a vanishing Art.

This must not be Kansas anymore, Toto.

Eschew obfuscation.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » The Sanada Gimmick : HELP! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL