The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Advertisting (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dorian_faust
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles, California
278 Posts

Profile of dorian_faust
I am looking to advertise my bizarre show as much as possible. Ideally at some point, pitch it to a small theatre. Until then, for those of you who have been successful with your bizarre careers, what are your methods? I have business cards, I have a website, I am beginning work on a better YouTube series, etc. (Had one, but deleted the videos because I know I can do better) Do you have days you go somewhere as your character and spread the word? I want to advertise as much and as often as possible. What methods work the best in your opinion? And please, bear in mind that I may not have the biggest budget that I wish I had.
chmara
View Profile
Inner circle
Tucson, AZ
1911 Posts

Profile of chmara
What works in one market or area may not work in another -- and bizarre shows without commercial ties are even more hit and miss unless you pre-determine a specific target and work it at length with follow-up.

Do not expect instant results. Advertising just penetrate into the forefront of the brain of decision makers in your area Lee Esrle has some good suggestions in his "Manifestatipns Package" for seances. But he chose a single location for his shows -- and built time into his plan for penetration and kept going for three years.

The fall season for spook shows is good for all bizarre workers -- and regular straight magicians too. But how many follow up on the audience members as leads? Develop a good system of staying in contact with previous audiences is a great outlay for any magician -- not just Facebook either.

There used to be a book on Guerrilla Marketing for small business that has some great ideas on how to use community (real) bulletin boards and Join Kaplan has a night magic marketing package that can be adapted in a wider market area or even for travel using charities contacts in each location.

Radio & TV -- when paid for -- are a luxury most cannot afford -- except for getting publicity with a signature effect performed for weather people, morning shows and the like, But you have to be different, timely and able to stay inside a scheduled time with the routine, etc.

Having said that -- I was wondering if anyone has experience with Amazon Local deals and coupons?
Gregg (C. H. Mara) Chmara

Commercial Operations, LLC

Tucson, AZ

C. H. Mara Illusion & Psychic Entertainments
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Advertisting (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL