The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Coins-To-Cup Routine For Table Hopping? (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
I've learned a few coins-to-up routines from David Roth's DVD, which are great. But they seem to rely on sitting down at a table. Does anyone have a suggestion either for a version of the routine that can be used for table-hopping at a bar/tavern, where the magician is standing up and the spectators are sitting down?

Thanks!

Ken
David Fillary
View Profile
Special user
658 Posts

Profile of David Fillary
Get David Stone's Coin Magic DVDs.

He teaches a fantastic coin to glass routine, as well as lots of other brilliant commercial, stand up, coin magic.

Needs to be owned by every coin worker - you will get so much from these DVDs.
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Thanks David. I will definitely do that when I'm finished with David Roth's. I'm starting to overwhelm myself with stuff. Thanks for the tip!

Ken
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
John Kennedy's Visible Coins to Glass.

Don't pay attention to the video...the kid doesn't do it well.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
kekoa1
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of kekoa1
What about Arthur Buckley's coin to cup. I think David Roth teaches this version sitting...but it can be done standing.
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
Thanks Kabbalah and Kekoa!

Ken
Ramin
View Profile
Regular user
119 Posts

Profile of Ramin
Doug Conn has a great worker routine on his "Built to Last" DVD set.
kekoa1
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of kekoa1
For your viewing pleasure...here's an old video of my "ending" for the sitting version. I know you were asking for standing versions...but I thought you might like it!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2IquVBie6g
KenRyan
View Profile
Elite user
464 Posts

Profile of KenRyan
I like it Kekoa! I've been doing a similar "act" like I'm confused when something disappears or doesn't. Thanks for that.

Ken
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1792 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
I like Dan Fleshman's coins to glass routine.
Bill Wood
View Profile
New user
Nova Scotia
93 Posts

Profile of Bill Wood
There is a very good version in David Acer's Natural Selections. It's has a few distinc phases, at one point you put the glass in your jacket pocket and without even touching the glass a coin 'clinks' right in, and a greater kicker ending.
Paul Rathbun
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
2453 Posts

Profile of Paul Rathbun
David Regal has one in his approaching magic book that uses a rolled up dollar bill and coins as a final load.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » Best Coins-To-Cup Routine For Table Hopping? (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL