The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » World's Most Dangerous Card Trick! (78 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Quote:
On Nov 14, 2015, MR Effecto wrote:
Mario when will more be in stock?

It back in stock now.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/p/m......rd-trick
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A bit of History of The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick by Mario Morris

For many years Sideshow performers have performed an effect by plunging their hand into the jaws of an animal trap. The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick was born right out of the Sideshow world.

I was first shown this stunt by a gospel preacher – Pete Hodge back in the early 90’s and I first performed it as a side show stunt. Then in the late 1990’s I came up with what I called The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick combining the effect with a deck of cards. This is when a chosen card is lost in a deck and the cards placed into a trap. I then would snatch the card out of the deck before the trap snapped shut on my fingers.

I later discovered it was a common name for a stunt when a trap and cards are combined! I also discovered the following combinations –

The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick – involving a sword
The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick – involving a knife
The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick – involving mouse traps.

I did some research and from what I could find at the time – the longest standing magician that also used a pack of cards and an animal trap who called their effect The Worlds most Dangerous Card Trick was Master Payne. He had been performing his routine since the 80s. We talked about his effect and routine and mine and we decided to write up our scripts and share.

So now I am sharing my routine with you that has years of honing and the history of the influence from a side show perspective. I hope you enjoy it!

To find out more click hear.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/the-worl......trick-2/
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I love this trick. Now I have another reason for my wife to get mad at me
Mr. Danny
View Profile
Loyal user
North Central Louisiana
249 Posts

Profile of Mr. Danny
Well, I got this, and have to admit it took a while to get the nerve to put my hand in it! I successfully got the right card on my first try! Smile
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Glad you are enjoying the effect!
My effect "The World Most Dangerous Card Trick" has made a global impact.
If you are now performing this effect tell us about your experience and what part of the world you perform at.
We have received FIVE star reviews that you can read hear.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/p/m......#reviews
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Mario is presenting some new info on dangerous magic tonight here,

http://virtual.magicalwisdom.com/tv
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
ANOTHER GREAT FIVE STAR REVIEW!
Before Christmas 2015 I brought the Worlds Most Dangerous Card Tricks produced by Mario Morris. It truly is great and a fantastic prop. I have used a few different closer for my show but no of them really fit and fix in. However the Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick seems to fit the bill very well. It has a natural hook the promise of something dangerous. Then when you show people it there not going anywhere. And once the deck is in the trap and you explain what you’re going to do well you have all the time for hat lines.
The video is clear and straight forward and carries a lot of information and ideas. However I would say you need confidence in the very basics of card control at least.
I’d also like to note the customer care is great as well. I had a few question before I ordered it and I got a quick reply. I also got order confirmation and delivery tracker straight away. These guys are good at what they do.
Thank you so much Mario and Lady Vee this is really is a great piece and it’s in my show already and it working a treat.
Alan Worman
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I've actually been performing this since about 1989, in a slightly different manner. I spread the cards on the table, place the set trap on top of the cards and cover all with a sheet of newspaper (makes more noise than a cloth when the trap snaps) and I "have to find the selected, signed card"...needless to say, the trap snaps, I scream and jerk my hand out and the trap has pinned one card facedown to my palm. I love to demonstrate the power of the trap initially with a big pretzel stick. It explodes in just the right fashion. I may start using a 260 balloon, because I always have balloons with me!

Steve
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
A lot of history Research and work has gone into my effect and I give a lot of credit to Master Payne for his imput and help.
Into my effect 'The Worlds Most Dangeorus Card Trick? You find out more hear.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/the-worl......trick-2/
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
As a result of performing and teaching my effect "The Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick" in Las Vegas
I am very pleased with this quote I received

"Mario Morris Worlds Most Dangerous Card Trick, is one of the MOST spellbinding,
suspense filled routines in magic. I know Ive experienced it MANY times!
Few routines even approach the energy of this feature act."
Jeff McBride

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BvciCRZhdYQ
That1MagicGuy
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of That1MagicGuy
Nice video, this is quite the impressive routine. Love it.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Thanks, we are currently sold out but you can preorder to guarantee you get one from our next batch.
Mario Morris
View Profile
Inner circle
Mario Morris
2044 Posts

Profile of Mario Morris
Good news, it arrived this morning, the ever popular Worlds Most Dangerous Card trick is now back in stock and ready to send out.
https://www.schoolofbusking.com/shop/p/m......rd-trick
charliemartin
View Profile
Special user
Rapid City, SD
779 Posts

Profile of charliemartin
It's now on my Christmas list.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » World's Most Dangerous Card Trick! (78 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL