The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January & February 2015 entrée: Owain B. Miles » » A bit about Owain... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Steve Brooks
View Profile
Founder / Manager
Northern California - United States
3780 Posts

Profile of Steve Brooks
Owain started as a magic enthusiast and he has now made that hobby his job. Owain studied sound and audio engineering at college and went onto university to study law until he and Lloyd started up Enigma. The knowledge he had taken from business classes at college and university came in handy when he and Lloyd were jamming ideas on how they could make Enigma a truly unique source of magic and a rich learning environment. Owain runs the day to day workings at Enigma customer relations, logistics, and the visual/audio element of the shoots.

Who are your main magical influences / favorite magicians?

This list could go on for some time ill put down my top 5 (no particular order) 1. Daniel Garcia: His creativity is truly astonishing. 2. Lloyd T Barnes: Lloyd is constantly pushing me to improve my work. Lloyd is a walking encyclopedia so is a great source of magical knowledge. 3. Rune Klan: What a guy! Rune has such a great performance style and a true pleasure to watch! 4. David Blane: A truly unique performer and magician. I just loved watching his tv specials. 5. Michael Ammar: A great teacher and performer. learnt some of my first slights from Ammar. He started me off down the road to real magic.

What got you into magic?

I was about six years old. when my dad started showing me some magic tricks. I can remember the first one he showed me was coin unique, completely astonished by it so I started looking into magic more. My first trick was the colour changing handkerchief. I proudly showed it to my friends thinking I was some grand illusionist.

Why did you start Enigma Ltd?

Both Lloyd and I were jamming one evening and having our usual discussion of how cool would it be if we were to own our own magic shop. Unfortunately opening a brick and mortar shop was beyond us. Then it hit us lets start a website. We had to have a *** good reason to start as there were plenty of other sites out there that were producing magic. We both felt that the industry needed a site that produced nothing but the highest quality magic that was practical workable and visually impressive. This was something that most sites lacked. We didn’t want to produce throw away magic and we knew that people were tired of all these tricks that you would purchase and put it right in your draw. We put our heads down wrote our mission statement and here we are.

Favorite magic trick?

This is a tough question, I’d probably say the self-tying shoelace is good organic magic. Unexpected and people never see it coming they tell you to do it! “Hey your shoelace is untied” BOOM shoelace tied and they are speechless!

Do you attend conventions?

Yep! I love them. A great chance to pick the brains of 100's if not 1000's of magicians. I think magic conventions are the best source of inspiration for me. Every time I come back from one I want to learn 100 new tricks. Aside from the things you learn the social side of it is something else. The magicians that I’ve met at conventions have turned out to become really good friends!

---
"Always be you because nobody else can" - Steve Brooks
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The January & February 2015 entrée: Owain B. Miles » » A bit about Owain... » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL