The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wallet Wallop by Hen Fetsch (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Photofnish
View Profile
Regular user
Issaquah, WA
140 Posts

Profile of Photofnish
The Effect
From the dealer copy: "In an instant a selected card vanishes under impossible conditions and appears in your wallet! You explain that the first time really wasn't fair for the audience because they didn't know what to expect...so you offer to repeat it. The spectator again chooses a card and it, too vanishes in an instant! You ask the spectator to pick up your wallet from the table and open it up...inside they find the missing card! A true one-two punch in the world of card-to-wallets.

Uses any standard Bicycle deck. Wallet contains only one card each time. Wallet is totally examinable. No palming or sleight-of-hand.
Comes complete with detailed instructions, bonus ideas, the special gimmicks and slim leather ID wallet."

Cost
$17.95 from Magic Pro Shop. Also available from Elmwood Magic.

Difficulty
(1=easy to do, 2=No sleights, but not so easy, 3=Some sleights used, 4=Advanced sleights used, 5=Suitable for experienced magicians only)

I'd probably give it a 1.5. For a person with competent card-handling skills (I'm almost there), this is a piece of cake. No difficult sleights are needed; you simply need to learn the routine, apply a couple easy handling techniques, and employ a smidgeon (and I mean a smidgeon) of memory work. The instructions, which are very clear and well-written, call for an easy force I'd never encountered before (though a standard riffle force can also be used), so I spent a few minutes learning the force and making it smooth. Otherwise, the effect is quite easy to pull off.

Review
Everything the ad says is true. This is a clever trick, it's beautifully simple, and it packs a good punch. That said, one could conceivably cite two small negatives:

1) The deck isn't overly examinable. You can show the cards -- this is actually part of the presentation -- but you probably don't want to let the spectator examine the deck with their own hands.

2) The cards can't be signed.

The first issue isn't a big deal -- the trick seems fair, so why does a spec need to handle the cards at all? As for the no-signed-card issue, signing just doesn't really seem necessary to me in this routine. After all, you perform the trick twice!

Overall
For the money, this is a sweet deal. The props are well made, and the concept lends itself to other applications.

On a scale of 1 to 10, I'd give it a solid 9.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Yes, Wallet Wollop is a great easy trick. It sold for a Whooping $2.00 in 1980. I enjoyed performing it and carried it with me all the time for a while.

Spectator can overhand shuffle the deck if you wish, but as stated not necessary.

If you want an easy Card to wallet (actually an I.D. card case) that will let you put all your talents into presentation.

A proven winner that stood the test of time.
david_a_whitehead
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
2122 Posts

Profile of david_a_whitehead
I agree. I highly recommend this card to wallet routine. simple method, fools most people.
imagealter
View Profile
Regular user
Christopher Griffin
158 Posts

Profile of imagealter
One word.....

EXCELLENT!!

Get it, very strong, easy to do card to wallet

CG
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Wallet Wallop by Hen Fetsch (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL