The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Early Dobson Vol. 1 (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
After a most successful release at Blackpool, Early Dobson Vol. 1 is ready to order! This is Dtrik's latest release, Wayne Dobson is proud to present this rediscovered archive TV performance footage of some of his best close up material, performed in his classic style in front of a live studio audience and on various TV show guest appearances. Now with the help of his Right (and Left) hand man Mike Sullivan, 8 powerful 'Real World' effects are explained in detail, covering the methods and routining, in order for you to add them to your magic repertoire.

You can order at www.waynedobson.co.uk

See the trailer http://youtu.be/KCYbJ2JMBfs
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Hi Mike,

when is this being sent out?

I pre ordered it before the convention.

Really looking forward to seeing the comedy maestro perform.

Mike Donoghue
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
Hi Mike, should get it tomorrow, Monday at the latest..
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
Thanks mike
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
I got this Monday and have now watched it all.

I remember many years ago going to see Freddie Star at Newcastle and he was hilarious.

His guest was someone who at the time I had never heard of. It was Wayne Dobson.

I remember Wayne did Professors nightmare, 5 card repeat and I think, but could be wrong Chinese sticks.

What I do remember(being a magician myself)was how hilariously funny,entertaining and fantastic he was.

I realised it's not what you do but it's the way that you do it(and Bananarama weren't even out then!)

As a note after seeing Jay Marshal doing a basic linking ring routine( the one which was written up in a 75pence mini setwhich I got from a magic shop in Scarborough when I was a kid) I realised the same thing.

The 8 routines on this dvd for the most part (not all of them) have appeared in Pro File) & they are good.

There is even a ungimmicked version of Flip.

I foundly remember watching the Joe Longthorne show & waiting for Wayne to come on and do his stuff. At the time I did shift work in a factory and only did magic as a side line( think it's called semi pro.)I would set the VCR to record and used to hate it when I had to leave before the end of the show to go to work.

Next morning I would watch the magic like a kid in a sweet shop. So good & bringing back fond memories as I type this.

I particularly like from the dvd, Coins in Glass, Lightening Matrix, Cap & Pence( and I am not that much of a coin man). I have over the years used Pat Pages fantastic C.D.A.I.D & the Razor & the Invisible Card routine.

This tells you not only how long I have been performing( segments from Wayne on Joe Longthorne Show 1989 & Pebble Mil Show 1991), but also how long I have been a massive fan of Waynes.

I really like this DVD as it's full of punchy, bam bam magic which will make any audience take notice.

Wayne Dobson is brilliant. Get this & enjoy it.

Mike Donoghue
MagicMike101
View Profile
New user
46 Posts

Profile of MagicMike101
Thanks for the great review Mike. Wayne and I really enjoyed making this and there's more to come. I have spent the last two years going through all of Wayne's TV stuff and it's full to the brim of workable magic. Vol 2 is underway...
mike donoghue
View Profile
Inner circle
1106 Posts

Profile of mike donoghue
That's fantastic news mike. He gave me so much enjoyment when he did the shows and was so nice and approachable when on TV regularly. No ego just a truly gifted entertainer who allways had time for his fans. Wayne deserves every accolade he gets. He truly is one of the greats. Mike donoghue
Ray Haining
View Profile
Inner circle
Hot Springs, AR
1742 Posts

Profile of Ray Haining
I was super-impressed the few times I've seen him perform. A great magician, hilarious too.
My Lovely Assistant
View Profile
New user
98 Posts

Profile of My Lovely Assistant
Who doesn't love Wayne Dobson? Here is my review: www.mylovelyassistant.com/reviews/view/4567

I consider Wayne Dobson to be a great performer and magician. His comedic timing and presentation is brilliant. Despite his inability to perform today due to multiple sclerosis, he continues to produce and release tricks and develop amazing ideas. This DVD however, is not new material. Instead, this DVD republishes old television performances, mostly 1989 appearances from the Joe Longthorne Show. The DVD contains Dobson performing seven solid tricks and routines, some with cards and some with coins. Some of the coin tricks will require that you have a gimmick that is not included with the DVD. After each clip, Mike Sullivan explains and demonstrates how to perform each trick with clarity. In addition to the seven tricks performed by Dobson, Sullivan performs a newly published card trick, Flip, and then teaches it.

Because the performances are from the late 1980’s/early 1990’s, the quality of the old video performances do not measure up to today’s high definition standards.

The ad copy and promotional video are accurate since they really don’t make any claims.

If by some chance you are unfamiliar with Dobson, you may not get a sense of how amazingly creative and funny he is since the clips are short. For that reason, I was disappointed. I expected to get more footage of Dobson and would have been pleased to watch hours of his past work. In the past, I have scoured the internet watching old Dobson performances and have enjoyed his creativity and showmanship. I wish this DVD had more footage.

Also on the DVD is Dobson’s very funny recent Ice Bucket Challenge, a typed written message from Wayne and edited snippets of conversation between Dobson and Sullivan, which at some points is difficult to understand.

This is a worthwhile DVD with fooling routines that were good enough for Wayne Dobson to perform on TV. There will surely be a few things in this DVD for everyone.
Visit www.mylovelyassistant.com for magic product reviews.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Early Dobson Vol. 1 (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL