The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » NEED HELP! Thread by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

amsmagic
View Profile
New user
5 Posts

Profile of amsmagic
I have a show coming up tomorrow, and for the longest time, thread has been my opening and go to effect! As of recently, I can't get the thread to... (trying not to reveal) not knot up. Not only has it become painful, but it just doesn't work. It doesn't cover the exact problem I'm having on the DVD. I follow the get ready for the geek method to the key. Any suggestions fellow thread owners?
get
Do you ever wish you could be a specator again? To be decieved by the simplest of things. Back when you saw the card go inside the middle, and yet it was back on top?! Maybe we could learn something about performing from back then. How simply was the stuff that amazed us?
Yellowcustard
View Profile
Inner circle
New Zealand
1334 Posts

Profile of Yellowcustard
Have you changed to type of thread you use?
Enjoy your magic,

and let others enjoy it as well!
florisfassin
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of florisfassin
You should use 100% cotton thread, you might want to try different types of fluids if you know what I mean
Phil Knoxville
View Profile
New user
17 Posts

Profile of Phil Knoxville
As well as the above cotton & thread suggestions make sure the thread isn't too short & that your finger setup action is good. It might also be worth extending the gap between setup & performance as if it's too wet it may bunch up. The other thing to try is closing your eye to grip the thread as you pull it out. I hope that's of use?!
'SCIN: Signed Card In Nose' by Phil Knoxville

https://facebook.com/philknoxvillemagic | http://twitter.com/philknoxville
bentleymagic
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of bentleymagic
Hi,

I have decided to start doing thread. I can do the set up, but this is quite uncomfortable but the reveal is REALLY painful! Eye is quite sore afterwards. What am I doing wrong?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Street Magic » » NEED HELP! Thread by Wayne Houchin (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL