The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Larry Lock By Mago Larry (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Here's the Alakazam presentation:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZunH5Mlo3g

Here's a different video from back in 2013. I don't speak the languague, but it seems easy enough to follow along.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AvYMBRPF6C8

After the Alakazam presentation and the first presentation on the second video, I thought it was just that it would always open on the 3rd attempt. But the second presentation shows it opening on the 4th attempt.

Can you set which attempt will open it beforehand and then just have to manipulate the spectator to open it on that attempt?

If so, what is the range to which you can set the opening number?

Can it be any four numbers for each attempt? It seems odd that neither video allowed the spectator to use numbers other than the four which they initially selected.

And, just to make sure people don't get confused if they search Larry Lock, it's not talking about this lock: http://www.larrylock.com/demo.php
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi,

I gave the option to try a set of different numbers. There obviously is a method and it's not fair to give it away but I will say it's the best version of this effect I have seen.

Also I picked up 50 units at Blackpool and most have already sold. Larry is currently on tour so not sure what the re stocking time will be (hopefully not long)

Regards

Peter
PS it is not set to open on a certain attempt.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1355 Posts

Profile of barts185
Thanks for the reply.

While you did give the option to try a different four numbers, you were quick to then go back to a different arrangement of the four numbers which were initially chosen. If that's not a parameter of how it works, it's odd that on all of the example videos, no choice was actually allowed for anything other than combinations of the four initially selected numbers.

Regarding options you gave, you also give the option to put in the chosen numbers on the first attempt. Are you saying that if he did that, it would have opened? Smile

I'm really not looking for the secret, although with something like this, I actually think it would help sell the item unless it's something that someone would be able to do with a normal lock. I'm presuming it isn't something which could easily be done with a normal lock, or there would have been an exposure video up on YouTube about 10 seconds after this was released. Then again, I'm sure there are still people who buy things like this just to find out the secret even if they never plan on using it, so as I said, not looking for you to say what the secret is here (or anywhere else).

Thanks again for the reply.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
If dave would have put the numbers in on the first attempt yes it would have opened and of course as I say in the video he could have chosen a different set of numbers to prove the lock didn't open. At the time of filming this David did not know the method (I only watched the DVD that morning)

Hope this helps.

Regards

Peter
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
I have got to get my hand's on this one,looks's awesome ,i have an idea but I am not going to give anything away,i will just buy it,so now I need to get Paragon and the Changeling,as well, morfe dosh to save,lol.
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
Colorado Springs, Colorado
218 Posts

Profile of WolfgangStiller
It does look very nice. I can see some interesting handlings possible with this. Any US dealers have this?
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Quote:
On Mar 1, 2015, WolfgangStiller wrote:
It does look very nice. I can see some interesting handlings possible with this. Any US dealers have this?

We have a very fast international service and we will pay shipping on this item anywhere in the world.

Regards

Peter
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

Good deal--thanks, Peter!
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
So, how is this any different from Alan Wongs Dream Lock?
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

I really like how hands-off this is. It's the most impressive part of the routine. What's not clear is how tricky the spectator management is after the lock is opened. They would naturally want to examine it. Do I need to immediately retrieve the lock to prevent anything from being discovered?
Dark Knight
View Profile
Loyal user
My troops are stationed at
272 Posts

Profile of Dark Knight
I also would like to know how this is different from Alan Wong's Dream Lock?

DK
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,

If you own the Dream Lock you will instantly be able to see the difference between the two.

We have now sold out of the first batch but have more on their way ETA 3 weeks. You can pre order one from the second batch on our site.

PS. Remember we are offering free worldwide shipping on this product.

Regards

Peter
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:
Hi Guys,

If you own the Dream Lock you will instantly be able to see the difference between the two.

We have now sold out of the first batch but have more on their way ETA 3 weeks. You can pre order one from the second batch on our site.

PS. Remember we are offering free worldwide shipping on this product.

Regards

Peter

ok..um...that was not so helpful.
I don't own a dream lock, but the descriptions seem nearly identical.
Just trying to diffrentiate, as I like this lock and am about to push the buy button, but it aint cheap!.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Ok..um...that was not so helpful.
Just trying to diffrentiate, as I like this lock and am about to push the buy button, but it aint cheap!. [/quote]

Sorry, from the posts it sounded like the guys asking for the comparison between the locks knew the workings of the dream lock. With the dream lock your spectator can't try different combinations as they can with the Larry Lock.

The Larry Lock takes this routine to a whole new deceptive level. Allowing the performer to be completely hands off.

To my knowledge (and I have owned a dream lock) You would not be able to do what I did in the video with the dream lock

I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Peter
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
The Dream Lock, guys, sorry to say so, is just o. k. ... There has been a "replacement/alternative" on the German market, limited release, done by a very clever locksmith, which was already far superior. The Larry Lock is another huge step forward and without any doubt the best of its kind momentary on the market. And yes I own all three. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
WolfgangStiller
View Profile
Loyal user
218 Posts

The hands-off aspect really appeals to me. How careful do I need to be once the lock is opened? Is the spectator likely to find something if I don't immediately retrieve the lock?
ArtIn
View Profile
Inner circle
1702 Posts

Profile of ArtIn
Jan, I hope to read more about it, iam still waiting for mine to arrive.
Your words sound very promising!

kind regards,
Martin
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, Peter Nardi wrote:
Ok..um...that was not so helpful.
Just trying to diffrentiate, as I like this lock and am about to push the buy button, but it aint cheap!.

Quote:
Sorry, from the posts it sounded like the guys asking for the comparison between the locks knew the workings of the dream lock. With the dream lock your spectator can't try different combinations as they can with the Larry Lock.

The Larry Lock takes this routine to a whole new deceptive level. Allowing the performer to be completely hands off.

To my knowledge (and I have owned a dream lock) You would not be able to do what I did in the video with the dream lock

I hope this makes things a little clearer.

Peter

Peter, thanks, that is very helpful, indeed! I do like the hands off approach in particular...Just ordered.

Peter, when was the second batch due to ship?

Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Thanks for the order. I am e hoping these will arrive within the next 7-10 days.

Best Regards

Peter
McCoy
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
136 Posts

Profile of McCoy
Can the spec try random combinations first, before naming the 4 digits that will ultimately open the lock?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Larry Lock By Mago Larry (8 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL