The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Search Engine (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
So it is official. I sold out of 2 runs of The The Miller Index. I am filling a few orders that I had in email but it is done for now. On the other hand, The T.M.I. was STRICTLY for folded cards. I have been using the Search Engine index for UNFOLDED cards. It is The fastest Index I have EVER created.

It has 3 Advantages over standard indexes. 1- It is small. 2- You do NOT have to worry about losing your place and starting over. 3- You do NOT have to go to the bathroom to reset as it can EASILY be reset BLINDLY in your pocket.

http://youtu.be/QXvqgPKHljw

http://rfaproductions.com/products/searchengine.html

You can get it from me or Meir Yedid. But only for a while. It takes longer to make than any of my wallets.And I have other projects to finish. Like some coin wallets I just sent to Mr. Lassen. But I am having a heckuva lot of fun just using it. I sold out of them at MagiFest. It is just a blast to use.

Tony

Some folx have messaged me saying that I should NOT show the index going into my pocket. I do NOT want to lie to people. I believe that I have the most easy to use and fastest index around. I do NOT make tricky demo vids. No cut aways. No tricky angles. So I hope everyone likes the demo.
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

Remember! More Bang For LESS Bucks! It is the right way!

www.rfaproductions.com
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Almost forgot. Concerning the Search Engine.

Here are a couple of people who actually PURCHASED it and what they had to say.

"Time and time again Tony has pushed passed what is good enough, Consistently bringing the world of magic tools of quality and excellence.Tony's indexing system is so efficient and clever, after one night of using it it got me out of a tough situation. With some thought this is going to be a devastating tool." Garrett Thomas

"Got it today! I'm keeping it. It's fantastic! You'll have to drive up here and rip it from my hands if you want it back." Jack Carpenter

It will be sold in pairs. Cost $150 per pair.
Free shipping in the US - everyone else $10 Shipping!

Tony
If you ever get to a point where words have no meaning, you're probably talking to a dog.

www.rfaproductions.com
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Looks great. Why are they sold in pairs? Do you need both to perform with it or is one just a backup?

Also, that wallet you use in the demo looks beautiful! Do you make those with that grain?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, swayne100 wrote:
Looks great. Why are they sold in pairs? Do you need both to perform with it or is one just a backup?

Also, that wallet you use in the demo looks beautiful! Do you make those with that grain?

Each holds 28 cards. That was both in the Demo which is how I use it. As to the wallet that is the Speed loader plus which I upgraded recently.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
How thick when two are on top of each other?
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, taller8 wrote:
How thick when two are on top of each other?

That IS 2 of them stacked one on top the other in the demo vid.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
taller8
View Profile
Inner circle
Olympia, Washington
1087 Posts

Profile of taller8
Pretty amazing for a device holding 56 cards.

id probably break it up and use two front pockets.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 3, 2015, taller8 wrote:
Pretty amazing for a device holding 56 cards.

id probably break it up and use two front pockets.

You can do that. I just showed it the way I use it in the vid. I don't like sneaky vids. I prefer to just show you what it does. Nothing complicated.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It looks like you're wearing a baggy rain-coat in the (tongue in cheek) demo video. It's awful. Could you not get someone to video you performing this standing up wearing a pair of jeans. Who performs to a computer keyboard in the real world?

That said, it looks an ingenious device.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
360 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
I agree. I'm a sucker for an index but I can't make an informed decision based on that video. I don want anything slick just better than that.

Thx
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Gosh sorry. I was just demo ing the speed of the index. I don't do flashy. I just make things that actually work. Guess it aint for you. If you doubt the quality of the shtuff I make you can ask around. I don't want to tease people into buying stuff. I work for a LONG time on each project. When it is done, I announce it. Just a brief no frills demo with no edits to show its function. Then I move on to other projects. Obviously my stuff is not for you.It wont be there for long as it is a total pain in the azz to make. Have a nice day.
Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Oh dear yet another rant over a little bit of constructive criticism. Stop throwing your dummy in the corner and meet us halfway. It'll help your sales. Where did any of us say it's not for us? Stop whinging.
swayne100
View Profile
Veteran user
389 Posts

Profile of swayne100
Guys, you're not listening to what Tony is saying. Most demo video's are creatively cut and edited to make the product look as good as possible.

Tony has taken a different more honest approach. He has put up a bare bones, straight forward video showing his product in real life. And, from what I can gather, his video is worst case scenario, since both are stacked on top of each other. The average performer would work with something half that size, in each side pocket.

The important thing to focus on from his video is the speed in which he obtained the card from his pocket. This looks awesome and I plan to buy one today.
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Doomo, I've never used an index before so I have a couple of questions about the device. Is the method sure-fire? Is there any possibility of failing at all? When pulling the card out of the index, does it only work with a specific palm or will all palming methods work?
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That wallet sure is purdy...
I've asked to be banned
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, Nick Singh wrote:
Doomo, I've never used an index before so I have a couple of questions about the device. Is the method sure-fire? Is there any possibility of failing at all? When pulling the card out of the index, does it only work with a specific palm or will all palming methods work?
Is the method sure fire? Not sure what that means. All I can do is assure you that with minimal practice that it is incredibly fast. That is because unlike standard indexes you do NOT have to count to a card. And hence there is NO real danger of losing your place and having to start over. Basically all can say is that after using indexes for over a quarter of a century, this is as close as I have ever come to a perfect one. And yes, I know NOTHING is perfect. But this one solved all the issues I had with indexes. As to palming it works with full/cop/or finger palms. With playing cards, business cards. or paper money.

Well. sorry for another of my rants. If I were smart I would stay retired. But I am old and cranky and I do things the way I like. Pegasus is probably right. I would probably sell more if I did cool vids. But as it is I cant keep up with orders. And I certainly will never mass market anything ever again. Well I hope that answers the questiopns.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
Nick Singh
View Profile
Regular user
Singapore
133 Posts

Profile of Nick Singh
Don't bother with the fancy marketing vids. I can't stand those. Thanks for the info by the way.
Magician and Emcee in Singapore - www.nick.com.sg
Youtube channel of travel videos and podcasts - www.youtube.com/user/blackchilliwing/videos
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent Island, Maryland
1114 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
If Tony did fancy videos in jeans... then it wouldn't be Tony. For those with questions: Instead of asking/complaining here, by all means contact Tony direct. He is VERY approachable regardless of what he is wearing in a video used to show you EXACTLY what he is offering to us. PM or e-mail him. he will talk with you, I promise that!

Tony has been around a long time and his stuff is top notch. Is it for everyone/ Absolutely not at all.

Tony doesn't need help in his sales. He sells out of most of stuff fast and makes more as needed.

Back on topic:
Tony, You upgraded the Speedloader Plus? I missed that one! I will take a looksy. The one in your "Search Engine" demo, it looks very fancy material? Is that a special order one?

Thanks
Respectfully
Mike
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 4, 2015, Nick Singh wrote:
Don't bother with the fancy marketing vids. I can't stand those. Thanks for the info by the way.

Jeez. Did I ask for a fancy video? NO. I know his props are top notch. I simply asked for a vid standing up next to his PC, that's all. Anyway, let's move on.
Doomo
View Profile
Inner circle
2364 Posts

Profile of Doomo
Hello Pegasus. Just for you! Me standing. Note that it took longer to get in the pocket and get the card out of the pocket than it did to actually get the card.

http://youtu.be/06Kp7YSPVdI

Well anyway. Enjoy.

Tony

www.rfaproductions.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » The Search Engine (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL