The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prism from Full52 (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9155 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This is nothing more than a 2 buck download. This is a complete ripoff IMO. I've purchased many tricks / effects in my time but this takes the biscuit by a huge margin.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
1833 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
I watched this earlier this week and I think it is fantastic. A lot of misinformation being thrown around earlier in this thread, but the ad copy is accurate.

The Magic World review was spot on:
https://youtu.be/QbS1nlqUCTo?t=10m24s

One issue I had with the DVD was on the drawing duplication explanation (which is the best routine taught), it was never explained how to handle the “joker” issue.

Also, speaking of the “joker”, I had a bonus tip on how to work around that, which I think cleaner and super simple- I just keep the first card of the stack inside the cellophane outside of the box (use one of the old rider back card box designs for camouflage) and when you take the cards out of the box, you either take it with the rest of the pack or leave it behind.
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - - -
TOCAAN | THREESUM | SNAPS | Precise Premonition | With The Band | You Know | CAANWICH | Fourtunate | Destined | Wrong Turn | Fortuity | Arbitrium | Sovereign Sandwich | RudiMental

More Info: www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Paul Hughes
View Profile
Regular user
UK
123 Posts

Profile of Paul Hughes
Thought I'd chime back in - I have no axe to grind with Dave or Wayne - I have purchased many, many effects from Full52 and have nothing but praise for them, and I have zero reason to think that Wayne is anything but a top bloke. The Prism or Mem Deck stack is a wonderful piece of thinking, my only beef with this product is that there was no credit to Lewis on the disk or on the advertising. At least that way Lewis would get the kudos he so rightly deserved and people that already have the Mem Deck from Lewis' notes would know what they were getting.

For completeness, and to back up Wayne's assertion, I spoke with Lewis and he did confirm that he had spoken to Wayne about using one of his effects in a project - the mem deck - I just think it's a little disingenuous for the DVD cover to say "Wayne Goodman's Prism Stack" when the stack order and method to determine the card is Lewis'.

Now the effects on the DVD using the stack are good and worth the price of admission - I just wish one of the greatest secrets in card magic - Lewis Jones - got the plaudits he deserved.
Sociomagi
View Profile
New user
85 Posts

Profile of Sociomagi
But, Mr. Goodman does state on the DVD, "I know you're going to really really enjoy this brand new system that I've developed..."

He clearly credits himself with the idea and then calls it "brand new" even though Lewis Jones published it in 1993.
Belief is the biggest step man can make!
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9155 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The whole DVD is nothing but a complete and utter rip off.
Angelo Carbone
View Profile
V.I.P.
1323 Posts

Profile of Angelo Carbone
Every two months I meet up with Lewis Jones and some other magicians. Yesterday there was six of us in total including Lewis. Lewis told the story about Prism in front of ALL of us. Wayne did NOT have Lewis' permission to SELL the stack. Wayne called Lewis to ask if he could USE his stack. Lewis being Lewis (a very kind man) said sure. Lewis thought Wayne just wanted to use the stack in a trick or project - not literally resell it.

Even if Wayne did get permission (but he didn't) it is shameful for Wayne to pass this off as his own work.

Lewis is an extremely clever and prolific man who has released so many books. He is too nice and does not deserve what has happened to him. The sad thing is this DVD has been out for over a year and Lewis got nothing out of it money wise and not even a full credit to his published stack. All he got was a stack of Prism DVDs to rub the pain in his face.

Lewis was advised to just let it go hence why he has not come public about it. A few of us yesterday disagreed he should stay quiet hence my post. Magicians have the right to know the truth.
The Gift: Trick of the Year 2017
My YouTube Channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/themagicinventor
Karl M
View Profile
Inner circle
1277 Posts

Profile of Karl M
Wayne should pay Lewis £250-£300 for his idea,that what a dealer offered me for one of mine
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
9155 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jul 7, 2015, pegasus wrote:
The whole DVD is nothing but a complete and utter rip off.

Like I said over a year ago.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2868 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Quote:
On Aug 28, 2016, Angelo Carbone wrote:
Every two months I meet up with Lewis Jones and some other magicians. Yesterday there was six of us in total including Lewis. Lewis told the story about Prism in front of ALL of us. Wayne did NOT have Lewis' permission to SELL the stack. Wayne called Lewis to ask if he could USE his stack. Lewis being Lewis (a very kind man) said sure. Lewis thought Wayne just wanted to use the stack in a trick or project - not literally resell it.

Even if Wayne did get permission (but he didn't) it is shameful for Wayne to pass this off as his own work.

Lewis is an extremely clever and prolific man who has released so many books. He is too nice and does not deserve what has happened to him. The sad thing is this DVD has been out for over a year and Lewis got nothing out of it money wise and not even a full credit to his published stack. All he got was a stack of Prism DVDs to rub the pain in his face.

Lewis was advised to just let it go hence why he has not come public about it. A few of us yesterday disagreed he should stay quiet hence my post. Magicians have the right to know the truth.

Thanks for the insight, Angelo.
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
muse
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
926 Posts

Profile of muse
I haven't bought the 'Prism' deck stack, but on the basis of the above posts, I would just like to add my deep appreciation of Lewis Jones and his works. Rather than buy a single stack idea, would highly recommend anyone who doesn't know of him to try to get a copy of 'Seventh Heaven' (one of the best value books on magic I have ever bought), or indeed any of his many books.
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1255 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
Good point since we no longer advocate ordering anything from Dave at FULL52 until he makes good to all of those who backed him on the Cubism Maestro project.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1913 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
Good Point
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
Dave is out in force trying to push his old effects again.

I got the eMail also.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
EZrhythm
View Profile
Inner circle
Only three EZ payments for a PDF of my
1255 Posts

Profile of EZrhythm
I removed my eddress from his mailing list.
How many magicians does it take to change a lightbulb? Regardless, for magicians darkness is a time for d'lite.
Jack Straw
View Profile
Inner circle
Wichita
1005 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I'm still curious to follow the ongoing saga of George Forrest, EZ.

I've removed various others from my eMails for their transgressions, but for some reason George Forrest still fascinates me.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
rosariorose9
View Profile
Inner circle
Kreskin guessed that I had
1073 Posts

Profile of rosariorose9
Been trying for some time, with no luck, to find a copy of 'Seventh Heaven'. Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Prism from Full52 (16 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL