We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
Though there may be plenty of free legal forms available online, please be sure to adequately source and reference any publicly available info. Thanks.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:
Not a nondisclosure more a legal form keeping you protected from liabilty if something where to "quote" occur.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Mike, Morgan has it covered.

Now stop with the bullying please. It's reflecting badly on you.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Andrei Duduc wrote:
I love this effect, I had this guy crying cause I made him imagine a certain moment in his life, and when his pulse stopped, he literally took a big breath and started to cry cause he remembered his mother, very strong, thumbs up on this one.

You should be locked up. For gods sake stop performing before you really hurt someone!
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 5, 2015, Andrei Duduc wrote:
I love this effect, I had this guy crying cause I made him imagine a certain moment in his life, and when his pulse stopped, he literally took a big breath and started to cry cause he remembered his mother, very strong, thumbs up on this one.

Excellent Andrei.

Magic and mentalism is all about impacting people in the their lives.

Morgan has given us a powerful gift here.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Ever heard of empathy?... It's all ME ME ME with no care for fellow human beings. "Look I stopped his heart and made him cry, aren't I powerful?" No, you're a dangerous fool with no idea of the damage you might be doing to someone.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
uk
1601 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Yeah, I'm with you, Sean. I'm all for powerful magic (wish I could do more!) but leaving a spec in tears because he remembered his late mother? God almighty, no thanks. The spectator in Andrei's case was probably OK with it, but if that were me performing I would feel dreadful.

(Put it this way, can you imagine Derren Brown doing this to a volunteer? No. He stops well short of that sort of response.)

Anyway, not to derail the thread again, I'd be keen to learn how to do this. I've done the original on and off for years using anything from a balled up hankie to an iPhone and it's a goodie. David Berglas used to get 10 minutes out of it!
Author
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

I guess it depends on whether you're into doing forgettable magic tricks (paddles, spongeballs, pick a card etc.) or giving your audience a personal and memorable experience.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
No it doesn't. That's a logical fallacy although I doubt you'd understand why.
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I am with sean giles on this one. Have you no regard for others???

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:
I guess it depends on whether you're into doing forgettable magic tricks (paddles, spongeballs, pick a card etc.) or giving your audience a personal and memorable experience.
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, insight wrote:
I am with sean giles on this one. Have you no regard for others???

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Jamie Ferguson wrote:

Yes, unlike you vs. Morgan.

You stalk him on these boards and fling mud at every opportunity.

Very petty.

Time to give it a rest Mike.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
I've talked to numerous pros I the industry, and have researched a lot on different methods. I believe my version to be completely original. I'm very excited about this release.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Agree with everything you just said Morgan.
Seethings
View Profile
Elite user
435 Posts

Profile of Seethings
There is no need for other methods to stop the spectator's pulse. The other published and unpublished methods work just fine.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7335 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Seethings wrote:
There is no need for other methods to stop the spectator's pulse. The other published and unpublished methods work just fine.

Perhaps, but other methods normally end up with a very long prison sentence. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
I am pleased you appear to have learned your lesson about originality. Best to you.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I've talked to numerous pros I the industry, and have researched a lot on different methods. I believe my version to be completely original. I'm very excited about this release.

Morgan
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brąth
3642 Posts

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, insight wrote:
I am pleased you appear to have learned your lesson about originality. Best to you.

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:

Morgan

Morgan's mature approach here has put you firmly back in your box. Smile
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

This is the one I use...Thoughts Here's the source http://www.printablecontracts.com/Waiver_Of_Liability.php

Waiver of Liability

This agreement releases {Morgan Strebler} from all liability relating to injuries that may occur {during heart beatin link}. By signing this agreement, I agree to hold {Morgan Strebler} entirely free from any liability, including financial responsibility for injuries incurred, regardless of whether injuries are caused by negligence.

I also acknowledge the risks involved in {stopping ones pulse}. These include but are not limited to {Dizziness, Fatique, sweats little or NO PULSE}. I swear that I am participating voluntarily, and that all risks have been made clear to me. Additionally, I do not have any conditions that will increase my likelihood of experiencing injuries while engaging in this activity.

By signing below I forfeit all right to bring a suit against {Morgan Strebler} for any reason. In return, I will receive {Clear Instructions for maximum safty}. I will also make every effort to obey safety precautions as listed in writing and as explained to me verbally. I will ask for clarification when needed.

(Participant)

I, _____________, fully understand and agree to the above terms. Date_______________

(Witness)

Date

mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Unfortunately, there are few, if any, courts in the world that would enforce such an agreement if someone was seriously injured due to the performer's negligence. To help understand why, just substitute the phrase "shooting an apple off of my head with a rifle" for "stopping my pulse."

When one needs a legal agreement that is anything beyond the most basic, he should see a lawyer rather than buy "fill in the blanks" canned agreements.

Liability waivers are almost universally unenforceable as far as reckless or dangerous intentional acts are concerned.

Quote:
A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company attempts to remove legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity. The enforceability of such a waiver depends on state law, a jury, and the language of the waiver.[1] Liability waivers include pre-accident releases and model releases (for pictures). Liability waivers often have no legal standing and most are found to be unenforceable. For example, the Wisconsin supreme court has considered exculpatory agreements six times in the last 25 years and held the agreement in question unenforceable each time.[2] Reckless or intentional actions can never be disclaimed and liability resulting from a faulty product cannot be waived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liability_waiver
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

I appreciate that Bob and fully agree with you. There is absolutely no danger involved In any way
Just use it to thicken the plot.

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Bob can you PM me and give me your email??

Thanks,

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL