We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5555 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:

Just use it to thicken the plot.

Thicken the plot Smile I thought we were talking of Stopping the Pulse Smile

Smile Smile

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4929 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Bob, when will you put out your famous "shooting apples off peoples head" routine? I've heard about it forever!
:)
James

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Unfortunately, there are few, if any, courts in the world that would enforce such an agreement if someone was seriously injured due to the performer's negligence. To help understand why, just substitute the phrase "shooting an apple off of my head with a rifle" for "stopping my pulse."

When one needs a legal agreement that is anything beyond the most basic, he should see a lawyer rather than buy "fill in the blanks" canned agreements.

Liability waivers are almost universally unenforceable as far as reckless or dangerous intentional acts are concerned.

Quote:
A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company attempts to remove legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity. The enforceability of such a waiver depends on state law, a jury, and the language of the waiver.[1] Liability waivers include pre-accident releases and model releases (for pictures). Liability waivers often have no legal standing and most are found to be unenforceable. For example, the Wisconsin supreme court has considered exculpatory agreements six times in the last 25 years and held the agreement in question unenforceable each time.[2] Reckless or intentional actions can never be disclaimed and liability resulting from a faulty product cannot be waived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liability_waiver
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
"I'm going to stop your pulse. Trust me, it's perfectly safe and nothing will go wrong" "now please sign this waiver (err, just in case), I don't want to get into trouble" I mean come on!, no court would uphold that liability waiver I f something went wrong. You would be in serious trouble with the law.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
The waiver is part of the effect, nothing more. Wake up Sean. Smile
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
It is done with billets!

Regards,
Mike

Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
Bob, when will you put out your famous "shooting apples off peoples head" routine? I've heard about it forever!
:)
James

Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Unfortunately, there are few, if any, courts in the world that would enforce such an agreement if someone was seriously injured due to the performer's negligence. To help understand why, just substitute the phrase "shooting an apple off of my head with a rifle" for "stopping my pulse."

When one needs a legal agreement that is anything beyond the most basic, he should see a lawyer rather than buy "fill in the blanks" canned agreements.

Liability waivers are almost universally unenforceable as far as reckless or dangerous intentional acts are concerned.

Quote:
A liability waiver is a legal document that a person who participates in an activity may sign to acknowledge the risks involved in his or her participation. By doing so, the company attempts to remove legal liability from the business or person responsible for the activity. The enforceability of such a waiver depends on state law, a jury, and the language of the waiver.[1] Liability waivers include pre-accident releases and model releases (for pictures). Liability waivers often have no legal standing and most are found to be unenforceable. For example, the Wisconsin supreme court has considered exculpatory agreements six times in the last 25 years and held the agreement in question unenforceable each time.[2] Reckless or intentional actions can never be disclaimed and liability resulting from a faulty product cannot be waived.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Liability_waiver
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, pegasus wrote:
The waiver is part of the effect, nothing more. Wake up Sean. Smile

Apologies, I misunderstood!
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Profile of Morgan Strebler
Hey Sean,

It literally only used to enhance the effect. I personally use it and it works great. I understand it won't be everyone's flavor, but that's what makes us unique!

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
<BR>http://www.morganstrebler.com
RagnarzA
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of RagnarzA
Why scare them though? some people definitely won't do it
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
If that happens it'll just add to the legend.
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12590 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Mar 6, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:
I appreciate that Bob and fully agree with you. There is absolutely no danger involved In any way
Just use it to thicken the plot.

Morgan

I was pretty certain of that, Morgan. But as a former attorney I can assure you that there are plenty of people out there who will sue anyone for anything at the drop of a hat. Or, in this case, at the stop of a pulse. Just choose your volunteers carefully and pick only good natured healthy young people.

PMd you.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

Here is a friend that did his take on my new spectator pulse stop. (AND NO YOU DON"T HAVE TO KEEP YOUR HAND ON TOP OF THEIRS)

http://youtu.be/delhvKHLNmA

Morgan
Morgan
<BR>
Clark
View Profile
Special user
957 Posts

Profile of Clark
I just want to add my 2 cents:

Morgan showed me this today via Skype. For the record, I have never met Morgan nor ever spoken to him on the phone. I actually initiated the connection as I reached out to him by email asking if this was available independently without having to purchase an entire DVD when this was in fact exactly what I’ve been exploring lately.

Morgan's reply explained that the DVD was specifically for this method only (which is needed for the simplicity of explanation and understanding). Further, he offered to show me this though Skype if I was interested. With that said, here is my unbiased review/opinion:

What the audience sees is the performer is able to stop his own pulse. Following, a volunteer has their pulse stopped too.

As we all know, there's plenty of work published on stopping ones pulse. What Morgan is offering here is a different method to stopping someone else's pulse. I want to make it clear that this is not shadowing other physiological methods; the spectator is able to feel when their pulse stops. Again, it is not verified by a third person – the spectator is palpating their own pulse when it stops.

This is a very simple, clean, practical, and convincing method which is immediately going into my working repertoire. This may seem very cliche, but I wish it wasn't being released for selfish reasons. If you're looking for party stunts, please move on. If you’re looking for a closing phase to a progressive pulse control/stop routine, this is it. I highly recommend it.

Morgan,
I appreciate you taking the time to share this with me. This was a very generous, unexpected gift. I wish you all the best.

Regards
“The key to creativity is in knowing how to hide your sources.”
Albert Einstein
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5555 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Mar 7, 2015, Morgan Strebler wrote:

. . . (AND NO YOU DON"T HAVE TO KEEP YOUR HAND ON TOP OF THEIRS)

What do you mean by the above? Can you please elaborate? Thank you.

Smile
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

In the video he had his hands on top of the spectators. You don't have to do that all. Its just his presentation.
Morgan
<BR>
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5555 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Thank you so much for the clarification.

And now to be more specific. So do you mean that the performer, during the act, need not touch the spectator at all?

Smile
Morgan Strebler
View Profile
V.I.P.
Inside Your Mind
449 Posts

I always hold the hand makes a connection with spectator.
Morgan
<BR>
Jamie Ferguson
View Profile
Inner circle
Alba Gu Brŕth
3642 Posts

Profile of Jamie Ferguson
Nice answer Morgan.

There's a lot of fishing going on in this thread.

Everyone, let's respect the creator by not asking questions designed to unearth the method please. Smile
When the chips are down, the duvet is uncomfortable.
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7326 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I'm not sure that's the case here Jamie. Not yet anyway.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5555 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Yes, nice answer Morgan . . . and that puts an end to fishing with the method unearthed . . . nice and clear. (Sarcasm at its best)

Smile
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Having seen Morgans pulse stop recently, I am happy to report that it is as direct and 'weird' as you could hope for.

Anyone looking to perform the pulse stop routine needs to learn this technique (and it is easy to learn) as it provides the ideal route to a truly astonishing moment for the spectator.

I am also familiar with the other methods that are used and I would now only use Morgans method. It works perfectly and allows me to focus solely on the presentation.

The pulse stop routine itself is VERY powerful, however you are not limited in the way that you choose to present it. I am working on a number of ideas that use Morgans technique to further enhance some other performance pieces that I have in development.

I really like this and will be working with it in the forthcoming months Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » New method to stop the spectators pulse (30 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL