The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Camera Recommendations (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I'm still looking for a decent HD camera that I can use for closeup routines. I have one now, but I would like to add a pan and tilt capability. Any recommendations of a camera that does not use an internet service for the video. When I'm traveling on ships, I don't have access to the internet. I now use GoPros and their built in wifi. I then control the camera with iPads and have the video going out to the projector input. GoPro does not have zoom let alone tilt/pan. This has been a problem. Any recommendations?
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Christopher,
The tilt/pan capability is not a feature of the camera but that of a "Tripod".
I was under the impression that GoPros saves the videos on a memory card or on your iPad memory?
My son transfers his GoPro videos to an external hard drive and then deletes all the files from the memory card.
If all you want to do is have a zoom and store your videos internally, then almost all inexpensive camcorders will do the job.
My traveling camcorder is a Canon Vixia and I'm very happy with it.

Let me know if you need a cameraman on your cruises.
Smile
Ihor
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I think you are misunderstanding. I purchased the BRC300 Sony with the BR300 controller system. The camera was over $3600 and the controller was an extra $1250. These are great when I do my regular show in my theater. Traveling is not possible with this setup. I project a closeup routine on a large screen during my show. I'm looking for something more versatile than the go pro, but not as cumbersome and expensive as my Sony.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1604 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I did misunderstand and I'm not sure if I understand now.
When you say," looking for a decent HD camera that I can use for closeup routines", I got confused because any camera could be used for closeup routines.
Adding pan & tilt is still a tripod function and not the cameras, providing you have a tripod screw hole
In the bottom of the camera.
I don't mean to sound insulting but, the way I understand it now is you want something good but small.
Is that right?
I still recommend the Canon Vixia. There are good compact Sony's as well.
There are many others but I have the Vixia and I'm happy with it.
Ihor
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
You're looking for something that has pan and tilt by remote control, correct?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Camera Recommendations (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL