The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad songs that were hits (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Daryl -the other brother
View Profile
Special user
Chicago
594 Posts

Profile of Daryl -the other brother
The Song I Love to Hate...Muskrat Love

P.S. Fire Dice I agree...My Sherona Rocks!!
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
I think that all of the following are overrated:
Eminem
50 cent
Chinggy
Pearl Jam
Metallica (recent)
Good Charlotte
Kelis
Pink
Brittney Spears
Justin Timberlake
Backstreet Boys
N'Sync
98 degrees
Clay Aiken

I'm sure I am missing about 300 or so, but you get the Idea
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Quote:
You young guys won't remeber this, but once upon a time Steve Martin was actually funny. He had a hit song called King Tut.

I think he's just as funny as ever. Now Chevy Chase, there's a guy your statement would apply to.

ABlair36, overrated? To be overrated, don't you have to be rated highly in the first place? Smile Popularity does not equal praise in my book.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
I think that overrated is that a lot of people think that something is better then it really is.
There are people that I know that almost idalise these people.
I can't believe that I did not mention Sean Paul. Very overrated!
Dorian Rhodell
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco, CA.
1633 Posts

Profile of Dorian Rhodell
Ever notice how Sean Paul sounds very similar to the late Peter Tosh?

Best,

Dorian Rhodell
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
Ablair, your list consists of what my friends and I refer to as "disposable music". These bands are kind of like a gas station pack of matches when others who stand the test of time are like a top grade zippo lighter.

However, I don't agree with you on Pearl Jam!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
There is a station on at work. It plays what seems to be the same ten songs over and over and over. Even if the songs have some merit, their use as a sedative makes things difficult.

On the other side of the coin, a company had a strange tape playing for songs on hold... some cover band doing Beatles songs intermixed with the tracks from the David Bowie album 'Heathen'. I was stunned. And very confused.

No comment about Pearl Jam. They played with Neil Young and that seemed to work okay.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
I probebly shouldn't have mentioned Pearl Jam. It's just that the only 3 songs that I know by them are songs that I don't like. I've just kind of never like Pearl Jam.
As for more on Sean Paul, dosn't any think that it is weird that the song that he says "Shake That Thing" about 15 times isn't the song on the album that is called shake that thing. The song shake that thing says it less than the other one. Isn't it funny that the guy who writes his songs writes the same thing every 20 seconds, and yet he is a very successful song writer. His (along with Linkin Park's) songs sound almost all the exact same.
marko
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of marko
Whoa, I just noticed that Pearl Jam was on ABlair36's list. Definitely do not belong on there. A classic (repeatedly ripped-off) band.
Thought: Why does man kill? He kills for food. And not only food: frequently there must be a beverage.
Kathryn Novak
View Profile
Special user
PA
574 Posts

Profile of Kathryn Novak
"Walk like an Egyptian" by the Bangles and any nursery rhyme come to mind. Also, any type of
Christmas themed song is enough to drive me out of my mind at this point. (Well, more so than usual, anyway.)
If anyone sees my sanity, please return it to

me.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Bad songs that were hits (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL