The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is it good to use Daryl's ultimate ambition improved gimmick? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Hi, I was wondering if you thought it would be a good idea to use Daryl's gimmick for the finale of my ambitious card routine. I use it a lot and I love it but I don't feel like it is mine,obviously it isn't. I use the pop up finish and card to wallet as well. Can you give me anymore options that you use that get great reactions? I want to try something new and any suggestions would be appreciated.Thank you.
silvercup
View Profile
Loyal user
223 Posts

Profile of silvercup
Can't speak to Daryl's gimmick, have no knowledge of it.
Only time I do ambitious is when someone asks if I can make the card pop to the top like they've seen before. I use Tommy Wonders routine and stop with the two finger insert, cards on the table, so slow no way I could cheat bit.
No one has requested that it end in any certain fashion; card to wallet, on fire, buried in ice brick, top of sky scraper, other side of glass, etc. if they have ever seen such. Nor do they ask after I stop. What they ask for is the card that pops to the top, that is what sticks in their head so I give 'em what they want and play with them along the way.
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Thanks Silvercup for the reply.I like Tommy Wonder especially his lighter to matches. I will definitely revisit his acr. You should really check out Daryl's finish to the ambitious card it is amazing.I use the pop up finish a lot and it is one of my favorite ways to finish.
AlvinMaker
View Profile
New user
United States
10 Posts

Profile of AlvinMaker
I was JUST re-visiting that video of Daryl's version today! I'd love to hear others tonight's on it. I'm also a fan of the Pop up move. It just looks like real magic. I never felt Daryl's rope finish "fit" my personality..BUT, it is definitely amazing and I've read about some alternate versions I may have to try in the near future. (Someone - here, I beliee - mentioned doing it with a card clip.)
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Card clip sounds like a great alternative. It seems like I do the pop up every other day and I wanted something new. I am working on some great finishes at the moment in "my lab".I have this one idea where the spectators never see the back of the ambitious card and at the end it changes color. I am trying to work out the routine. You would have to perform the whole routine with dl, triples and quads but nothing is impossible with magic! Thanks for the suggestion.
Philippe
View Profile
Special user
776 Posts

Profile of Philippe
Surely the same effect can be achieved (more or less) using Alakazam’s Extractor?
Melephin
View Profile
Regular user
103 Posts

Profile of Melephin
I recommand a final climax, wich does not require a gimmick, so you can do the routine any time, any where with any deck. Have a few alternative endings at the ready, so you can improvise: Spectator sitting on the card, card in pocket/wallet, card ends up in bottle (wich was on the table the entire time) or the card will end up in your cup of tea, inside the teabag (check out the DVD: LAP ), Card in Shoe - whatever. There are so many great endings, why rely on a gimmick?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Is it good to use Daryl's ultimate ambition improved gimmick? (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL