The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Patrick Page (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Patrick had a dvd on combining sponge balls and silks with a hand dye tube. But I can't remember which one it was. I would appreciate any help on this.
Thanks Todd
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
I'd like a source for Pat Pages T&R Newspaper.

It was done with a tabloid type paper used no glue and could be made in 30 seconds or so.

I'm way into NewsFlash but Pat's T&R could be done last minute and that is invaluable.

It's one of those "every Stand-Up Magician should know" effects that I don't know.

-Mary Mowder
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I have a lot of Pat Page material, but never run across a sponge and dye tube effect. You can try www.llepub.com they have some Pat Page DVD for download, one has sponge balls on it. I don't own that DVD or Video tape version.

-----------------------------------------------------------

Mary the name of the trick is "The 10 Second Newspaper Tear" still sold in manuscript form from Magic Inc.

Pat Page did bring it out on Audio Cassette Tape years ago, then when then on video tape, it might also be on DVD. L&L publication have the rights, so if they have it on DVD I have no idea.
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Thank you Bill.

If L&L has it they don't know it.

They knew they had the rights but they didn't seem to be able to find it when I pressed them several years ago. (I wasn't being pushy, I knew they would want to put it out if they knew how good it was.)

I've listened to the audio tape but because of my dyslexia I could not "get" it. I have since returned the tape. Perhaps I will try again with Tom at my side.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Mary... I will check my "Restoration" file. I recall Karrell Fox had some sort of fast set up for a T&R. I don't remember Pat doing one. I guess, I'm getting old. HEKK HO! I AM old!!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
L&L publish a number of Patrick Page DVDs called Secret Seminars
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......of+Magic

The one you want, Todd is No 5
http://www.llpub.com/zenshop/index.php?m......_id=2148

The Ten Second Newspaper Tear was published in The Big Book of Magic and more recently in the book Page By Page available here:
http://patrickpagemagic.co.uk

Page by Page is a book that should be in the library of every working magician. It is crammed with commercial, professional routines and advice.
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
That's the one Quentin.
Thanks so much.
Todd
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2015, Dick Oslund wrote:
Mary... I will check my "Restoration" file. I recall Karrell Fox had some sort of fast set up for a T&R. I don't remember Pat doing one. I guess, I'm getting old. HEKK HO! I AM old!!

Karrell Fox's newspaper tear was a single sheet newspaper tear. It required a ditch, that the person had to wear a jacket with an outside breast pocket. Sold also by Magic Inc., came with instructions and 2 sheets of photograph paper with all the pictures for the moves.

This may not be a good solution for a woman to perform do to the requirements.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Bill! --It must be at least 35 years since Karrell and I were sitting at his kitchen table, and he showed his T&R Newspaper to me. It looked good. I never used it, as it didn't "fit in" with anything I was doing. So, I had forgotten about the need to ditch. Mary PMd me last night, that you were sending her the "work".

The required ditch would certainly be awkward for a woman

One of the nice things about this Café, is that we can have a session, electronically! I just received your PM, and will reply in a couple days.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Karroll Fox Torn and Restored Newspaper would be an excellent follow up trick for the Vanishing Cane in Newspaper, as it only uses an ordinary sheet of newspaper. Thing is today newspapers are getting so small that it is harder and harder to get the cane fully enwrapped in the paper.

Oh, I forgot to mention, besides a ditch it does use a steal as well. The torn newspaper is not prepared in any way, so for purist, it might be something they would like to use. The restored page is also unprepared, so it could be used for some other trick in you act.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Right Bill! When I occasionally use the Walsh cane, I wrap it in paper, too. The "new" size papers do present a bit of a challenge, --As many of us have learned, the vanish plays stronger when the cane is wrapped in a newspaper, than a "visible" vanish.

Do you remember the British magician who who bored a hole in the stage floor and let the cane go south?!

Gene Anderson had t do "a bit" of "adjusting" for some of his bits in his newspaper act!

BTW>>> Neil Foster vanished a cane in his act, and never used a Walsh VANISHING came! --He used an APPEARING Cane!
Quentin
View Profile
Inner circle
1020 Posts

Profile of Quentin
It was Fred Culpitt who used vanish the cane through a hole in the stage (which he drilled himself). He also invented the Doll's House Illusion and the Costume Trunk.

There's a lot more about Fred Culpitt here: http://www.themagicdetective.com/2012/07......ons.html
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3943 Posts

Profile of Julie
An easy-to-do with virtually no set up comedy T&R newspaper is U.F. Grants FOOl-ZUM torn & restored newspaper.
It was designed to work with a tabloid size newspaper.

Julie
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Quote:
On Mar 17, 2015, Mary Mowder wrote:
I'd like a source for Pat Pages T&R Newspaper.

It was done with a tabloid type paper used no glue and could be made in 30 seconds or so.

I'm way into NewsFlash but Pat's T&R could be done last minute and that is invaluable.

It's one of those "every Stand-Up Magician should know" effects that I don't know.

-Mary Mowder

Mary:
Its in his "Big Book of Magic"
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The Big Book of Magic by Patrick Page was published in 1976. It is long out of print and only available second hand or on www.Lybrary.com in PDF form. It was a general public publication. Just a "How was that done?" for the general public.
Hansel
View Profile
Inner circle
Puerto Rico
2492 Posts

Profile of Hansel
Bill:
I agree with you, but
In the case of the torned and restored newspaper
Is very well explained.
Thanks,
-H
Follow Me...
Facebook: https://m.facebook.com/Hansels-Comedy-and-Magic-Show-929625643774678/
Youtube: HanselSP
Twitter: @HanselSP
Instagram: HanselSP
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
3661 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Bill Hegel helped me out (and Dick Oslund offered).

So I'm all set.

It may be my dyslexia (and it probably is) but the instructions for the very last part do not seem easy to me.

Thank you Hansel et al.
I had not looked at this thread recently so I'm sorry I did not thank you all for your input earlier.

-Mary Mowder
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8357 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Thanks Mary for your expression of appreciation!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Patrick Page (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL