The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What balls do you use for cups & balls? (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
dleiber
View Profile
New user
Temecula, CA, USA
29 Posts

Profile of dleiber
I think your little pile of infield dirt idea would be killer. Good luck with it!
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Thanks! As long as the story is good it should get great reactions.
BeThePlunk
View Profile
Special user
West of Boston, East of Eden
892 Posts

Profile of BeThePlunk
Al Schneider teaches the production of diamonds in one of his DVDs. Since he was Suzanne's mentor, I imagine that's her method. Dirt would be harder but, I imagine, do-able. Notice that the cups are set out of sight before being brought back for the final reveal.
Aus
View Profile
Special user
Australia
934 Posts

Profile of Aus
Eliminationsequence81 for the dirt final load look into Alex Elmsleys cups and balls routine where he produces salt out of one of his cups at the end, with some modification I'm sure you could make it work for your purposes.

It can be found on the Cups and Balls Vol. 1 (World's Greatest Magic) DVD or purchased as a download version of the dvd on L&Ls download site.

Also Tim Ellis has a liquid final load in his Runaround Sue Cups & Balls routine as another possible option. Hope that give you a hopping off point for a solution.

Magically

Aus
MGordonB
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of MGordonB
Quote:
On Mar 18, 2015, Eliminationsequence81 wrote:
I use a baseball theme with mini baseballs and 2.5" final load baseballs. I would like to figure out how, with the fourth final, to have a small pile of infield dirt appear! I seen Suzanne's c&b routine where she produced a pile of little diamonds. I'm sure it is the same principle I just have to figure it out. That would definitely bring my c&b to a whole other level.

Check out David Regal's chop cup routine (the one with the mice) in the World's Greatest Magic DVD. He has a solution that would work for this idea.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3181 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Mouseballs are available on-line from a variety of sources. Here's one: http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-Replacement......00BSLPY6

You can "turn them into baseballs" with a red Sharpie pen.
Jason Hutton
View Profile
New user
Atlantic City, NJ
36 Posts

Profile of Jason Hutton
Wow thanks a lot everyone for the suggestions. I will definitely check all of them out. I like David Regal's c&b routine where he produces three plastic cups as his finals and three balls! His chop cup is also amazing with a story on his mouse friend then 20 mice appear out of nowhere!

I do not believe that I have seen Alex Elmsley's routine. It sounds really good though, I will definitely look it up. Thanks.

A book or dvd is really what will teach me the right way. Worlds Greatest Magic dvd will be my next purchase. I didn't know he was Suzanne's mentor that is really cool. What better way to learn than from the source. The liquid load sounds like it is out of my league for the moment. After I perfect the dirt load I will try and learn that next that sounds amazing. I could imagine what my house would look like after practicing a liquid final. I would have to wait until it gets a little warmer here in NJ so I could practice outside.

Thanks.
Hondo88
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Hondo88
Quote:
On Mar 19, 2015, jimgerrish wrote:
Mouseballs are available on-line from a variety of sources. Here's one: http://www.amazon.com/Ziotek-Replacement......00BSLPY6

You can "turn them into baseballs" with a red Sharpie pen.

Cool beans. I had never heard of mouse balls either. Will have to check them out.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1450 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
I use the baseball's Michael Ammar sells
Doc Svengali
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Doc Svengali
If you use mouseballs (or anything else with a metal core), be sure to have a foam rubber layer under the surface of your performance table to deaden the sound, or the spectators will hear them land. If you get rubber-core balls such as those made by Brett Sherwood, be aware that because of the rubber core they may bounce at an undesirable moment, such as when dropping them to do a Charlie Miller penetration move.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » What balls do you use for cups & balls? (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL