The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Evolution as a Busker (61 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On May 15, 2017, helder wrote:
Bought an hat:

Looks good... golf cap?

I always wear a hat in my everyday life. I've been thinking a golf cap may be cooler during the summer. I like the idea of a bowler, top hat, fedora for doing a hat load at the end, but like the look and feel of a cap. I'd sacrifice the size of the load to look different and be comfortable.

Gary
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I preferred a straw western style hat during the summer. It kept the sun off my face and kept me cool. The saving grace for me were frozen hand towels that I kept in a small cooler
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
[quote]On May 16, 2017, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:
Bought an hat

Looks good... golf cap?

I always wear a hat in my everyday life. I've been thinking a golf cap may be cooler during the summer. I like the idea of a bowler, top hat, fedora for doing a hat load at the end, but like the look and feel of a cap. I'd sacrifice the size of the load to look different and be comfortable.

Gary

It's a portuguese model of hat.

Some points about the hat ( just my opinion, off course):

- It should be an hat that we like, fits our characther and we feel well with it

- I take in consideration the contrast of colors, between the hat , shirt, trousers, shoes

- I don't want an hat that hides my face, my facial expressions , important point

- final, don't feel bad if your hat is not like Gazzo or Cellini, it's perfect for them but if we can be diferent even better

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Check my Facebook group: Mentalism Secrets
Email: heldermagico@gmail.com
www.facebook.com/heldermagico
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, jakeg wrote:
I preferred a straw western style hat during the summer. It kept the sun off my face and kept me cool. The saving grace for me were frozen hand towels that I kept in a small cooler

Make sure that the hat don't hide your face. That tip about the towels looks great. Thanks

Helder
My version of Eddie fetcher "Be Honest What's it?" it's available at Penguin Magic
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:

The towel idea is great! Do you put them under your hat or just use them on a break? Seems that if you put one under your hat it would keep you cool, unless you do a hat load or something. I used to do that when I was a runner. Or does it make the hat wet when you go to pass it?

Gary
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
[quote]On May 16, 2017, helder wrote:
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:
Bought an hat

Looks good... golf cap?

Gary

It's a portuguese model of hat.

Some points about the hat ( just my opinion, off course):

- It should be an hat that we like, fits our characther and we feel well with it

- I take in consideration the contrast of colors, between the hat , shirt, trousers, shoes

- I don't want an hat that hides my face, my facial expressions , important point

- final, don't feel bad if your hat is not like Gazzo or Cellini, it's perfect for them but if we can be diferent even better

Helder

All excellent points Helder. Was just thinking that if you plan on doing a huge load like Gazzo at the end, you are fairly limited to a hat that will take the load... unless you do like Kozmo and have the large jugglers hat to use in the routine and then pass. I may have to consider that just because (as you can see from my profile photo) I prefer to wear caps. I could put a large apple under it, but anything larger would show... I know... tried it out at the grocery store! LOL!

Gary
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, Chatterbox41 wrote:
Quote:

The towel idea is great! Do you put them under your hat or just use them on a break? Seems that if you put one under your hat it would keep you cool, unless you do a hat load or something. I used to do that when I was a runner. Or does it make the hat wet when you go to pass it?

Gary

I throw the damp towels in the freezer over night. I would use them to wipe my face and neck down, and use another towel or wash cloth to dry off.
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Gary [/quote]

All excellent points Helder. Was just thinking that if you plan on doing a huge load like Gazzo at the end, you are fairly limited to a hat that will take the load... unless you do like Kozmo and have the large jugglers hat to use in the routine and then pass. I may have to consider that just because (as you can see from my profile photo) I prefer to wear caps. I could put a large apple under it, but anything larger would show... I know... tried it out at the grocery store! LOL!

[/quote]

I have another hat just for the final load ( the melon). In my mind doesn't make sense to wear an hat that doesn't fit my character because of the load. So I use an hat for that. It's 2,3 minutes in the show. Job done
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On May 16, 2017, helder wrote:
Gary

[/quote]

I have another hat just for the final load ( the melon). In my mind doesn't make sense to wear an hat that doesn't fit my character because of the load. So I use an hat for that. It's 2,3 minutes in the show. Job done [/quote]

Agreed.... so you wear your cap and use another hat for the melon load? Did you come up with a justification for the second hat or did you find that unnecessary? Sounds like a winning idea.

Gary
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Gary wrote: [/quote]

Agreed.... so you wear your cap and use another hat for the melon load? Did you come up with a justification for the second hat or did you find that unnecessary? Sounds like a winning idea.

Gary [/quote]

Yes, another hat for the load. No, it's not necessary. I just treat it as another prop.
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
No need to justify the other hat. You do not explain why 3 cups. Or why balls. Just do it.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Great idea! Thank you helder and Robert!

Gary
ROBERT BLAKE
View Profile
Inner circle
1472 Posts

Profile of ROBERT BLAKE
You can do the cups in the hat. this way you carry on everything. so the extra hat is for holding the cups together.
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On May 19, 2017, ROBERT BLAKE wrote:
You can do the cups in the hat. this way you carry on everything. so the extra hat is for holding the cups together.

Oooh, I like that idea! Also keeps me from having to take off my cap and show my bald head! LOL! Plus it would hold more $$$ when I pass it!

Gary
Rui
View Profile
New user
Tavira, Portugal
19 Posts

Profile of Rui
Hey Helder, glad to know you hit the streets again!

Not fond of your new hat, though. But that's just irrelevant Smile
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On May 23, 2017, Rui wrote:
Hey Helder, glad to know you hit the streets again!

Not fond of your new hat, though. But that's just irrelevant Smile

Thanks buddy.

We should meet someday.

Helder
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
New, for the Medieval Fairs:

Will do the 1st next week.

Helder
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
I was in Lisbon where I attended a midieval commemorating a battle with England. The highlight was a jousting demo between knights of Portugal & knights of England. I sat no too far from Pres. Salazar who was a spectator.
Is the fair that you are working have any connection?
helder
View Profile
Inner circle
Portugal
1065 Posts

Profile of helder
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, jakeg wrote:
I was in Lisbon where I attended a midieval commemorating a battle with England. The highlight was a jousting demo between knights of Portugal & knights of England. I sat no too far from Pres. Salazar who was a spectator.
Is the fair that you are working have any connection?

WOW, that was a long time ago! How many years?

No idea what Medieval Fair was that. But things changed In the last years.

Today they do a lot of Medieval Fairs.

This one that I will do next week is half an hour from Lisbon.

Helder
Chatterbox41
View Profile
Veteran user
Atlanta, Georgia
349 Posts

Profile of Chatterbox41
Quote:
On May 26, 2017, helder wrote:
New, for the Medieval Fairs:

Will do the 1st next week.

Helder

Looking forward to hearing how your Medieval Fair work goes... also something I am interested in!

Gary
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » My Evolution as a Busker (61 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL