The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to put on your website (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1170 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Hi all!
I'm trying to post a news article on my business website each time I've done a gig describing it.
My thought was that this proves that I am working and it would give people ideas on settings they could book me.

Do you girls/guys think this is a good idea?
The reason I am asking is that I do not see anyone else doing this and suspect there is some kind of logic behind it..
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
Like, an actual news article from the paper? Or just something you wrote yourself?
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1170 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Wrote myself. Call it a "news update ".
BrianMillerMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
CT
2050 Posts

Profile of BrianMillerMagic
You can do that as a blog section of your website, or linked to a Facebook fan page and do updates there.
mixman
View Profile
Loyal user
Northern Colorado
292 Posts

Profile of mixman
A blog page on your website is the perfect place for this type of entry.
Montana76
View Profile
Inner circle
I hope I one day reach
1170 Posts

Profile of Montana76
Thanks guys! That's what I've been doing. But is it a good idea?
eatonmagic
View Profile
Special user
Orlando, FL
735 Posts

Profile of eatonmagic
Hey Montana,

This should probably be moved over to the "Tricky Business" section as it would probably provide more feedback but I'll try to help you out.

Blogs are a GREAT way to not only provide information for your clients or viewers but more importantly to help position yourself as a leading authority in a specific field.

Meaning, choose a niche market you want to attract and have hire you. Too many guys I see out there have business cards that say "Birthday parties, corporate events, trade shows, restaurants...." Well? Which one are you the BEST at?

By choosing a specific market, you can become the very best in that field. Then, you can command higher performance fees and justify cost. A good blog can help add credibility. But remember to keep a good mix what you're delivering. A combination of personal thoughts/advice, articles of interest, viral videos and also introducing your audience to another writer or columnist to can help ADD to the quality of your content and make your blog that more desirable thus making YOU more desirable Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Table hoppers & party strollers » » What to put on your website (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL