The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » An Awesome (and cheap) Find (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorktown, Virginia (Previously Germany)
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I found these cases at the local exchange. They cost less than $40 each and hold almost everthing I carry.
Smile Believe it or not, I can fit everything into one in a pinch but it's pretty packed. I only have to add my collapsing table and balloon pump.

http://riff.eubankrs.net/cases
Rob "Riff, the Magical Clown" Eubank aka RiffClown
<BR>http://www.riffclown.com
<BR>Magic is not the method, but the presentation.
bdormer
View Profile
New user
Maryland, USA
49 Posts

Profile of bdormer
Wow! That's a great alternative to those expensive cases. I was just looking at one at Home Depot last night - it had 3 "modules" that had lots of drawers and good size storage areas - and this never occured to me.

I think they were yellow and black (not my first color choice) - but they sell spray-paint too...

Thanks for the idea!
Jimmy Lee
View Profile
Special user
Singapore
682 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Lee
Looks really good.
I just hope we can find one something like this in Singapore. But I doubt.... Smile
Magically Yours,

Jimmy...
a guy from a tropical island in South East Asia
..oops...where did he disappeared to????
tglund
View Profile
Regular user
Broomfield, CO, USA
115 Posts

Profile of tglund
Quote:

I think they were yellow and black (not my first color choice) - but they sell spray-paint too...

If you are handy with a sewing machine you can make a very nice cover/drape out of velvet and attach it with velcro.
Victor Brisbin
View Profile
Elite user
Washington, DC
432 Posts

Profile of Victor Brisbin
Quote:
On 2002-06-20 06:18, Rob Eubank wrote:
I found these cases at the local exchange. They cost less than $40 each and hold almost everthing I carry.
Smile Beleive it or not, I can fit everything into one in a pinch but it's pretty packed. I only have to add my collapsing table and balloon pump.

http://riff.eubankrs.net/cases

Wow, that's a whole lot of magic and clowning in those carriers. I'm going to forward the photo link to my mom, "Doc Tweedles," to look at. It would be great for those who have lots of giveaways and balloons, etc. Smile
"It is better to practice a little than talk a lot." - Muso Kokushi
magicadam
View Profile
New user
London, Uk
25 Posts

Profile of magicadam
Sorry to bring up an old thread but this looks like a killer of a find. Any UK users know where one can be purchased? Or US if postage is cheap (ha!).

Thank you
Rod Lages
View Profile
Loyal user
Brasilia, Brazil
250 Posts

Profile of Rod Lages
WOW! Looks really good!
"Confusion isn't Magic" - Dai Vernon
Kraminator
View Profile
New user
Florida
47 Posts

Profile of Kraminator
Nice, but never seen it before. Anybody know a place to buy those in the internet?
Maybe Rob can tell us the brand.
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
The only info I can find is

Here!

And

Here!

It's a Plano Pro model 826 Tool Storage Box.

Hope this helps.
Vilago
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Vilago
Just saw a version of these at Home Depot...only difference is that they "divide" into two separate cases, the bottom one giving you a deeper space to store larger props. Otherwise, when latched up they look exactly like the Plano Pro and have wheels too. Cost was about $30.
Isramagia
View Profile
Regular user
Bayamon, Puerto Rico
114 Posts

Profile of Isramagia
This looks like a great find. Do you carry this to shows or is it a storage box? Smile
Izzy
FCpreacher
View Profile
Elite user
PA
439 Posts

Profile of FCpreacher
It could probably be used for either one.
mikejorden
View Profile
Loyal user
222 Posts

Profile of mikejorden
I'm sold on this too.
One question. Does it lock (with a decent, strong Lock)? Unfortunately, I can't tell from the photos.
Mr A
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Mr A
I found on at Sears, it was not as large, but it was big enough for my stuff. $34
It can be locked with your own pad lock
Ben Cummings
View Profile
New user
66 Posts

Profile of Ben Cummings
Just to add to what I've read above... I went to Home Depot and in the "tool box" aisle found a superb carrying case which is metal with moveable "trays" inside it.

It's the best $30 I've ever spent, and it's frankly more practical then the $100+ magic cases I've seen.

Definitely worth a trip into Home Depot.
Author of "Conversations With Mind Readers"

Over 40 hours of interviews with thirty-two Top Mentalists & Mind Readers.

For more info email me at bencummings1@yahoo.com and I will email you a detailed Prospectus.
nitram
View Profile
Veteran user
London U.K.
308 Posts

Profile of nitram
Quote:Sorry to bring up an old thread but this looks like a killer of a find. Any UK users know where one can be purchased? Or US if postage is cheap (ha!).

Magicadam, B & Q stock them

Regards Nitram
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
Quote:
On 2003-01-03 09:09, mikejorden wrote:
I'm sold on this too.
One question. Does it lock (with a decent, strong Lock)? Unfortunately, I can't tell from the photos.

It does have a ring lock for a small padlock built into the cover but I wouldn't count on it keeping anyone out that really wanted in.

Quote:
On 2003-01-02 09:10, Isramagia wrote:
This looks like a great find. Do you carry this to shows or is it a storage box? Smile

I typically carry one to my shows. I've modified it slightly so the cover comes completely off. It allows it to fit under my table and work with its contruction (secrets). The other one I use mainly for storage and corporate refresh (multiday gigs).
:clownonball:
debaser
View Profile
Special user
Boulder
552 Posts

Profile of debaser
Bulk supply stores often carry cheap plastic toolboxes which are similiar to what you have.

Usually they're around 20 to 50 dollars

matt Smile
mghia
View Profile
Veteran user
Kymystical
387 Posts

Profile of mghia
Can I make a suggestion?
When you post good finds it helps others if you can either provide the model and SKU numbers, what store, the location of the store and any other useful info like the size.
The ones that found something in HD or Sears could mention what model they have or brand.
Many stores do not have the same merchandise but sometimes can get it for you if you have more info.
For instance, I have two Wal-marts within 15 miles and they carry some different merchandise. One says they can special order and one says they can't. I am in a zone with about 4 Home Depots but on certain items each store may get something different (like 12" tile for $.78 sq ft was found at one store only).

Just my two cents.

Mark
RiffClown
View Profile
Inner circle
1579 Posts

Profile of RiffClown
I've been watching the store. Next time they have them in stock, I plan to try and get the UPC and other particulars.

They just don't get them in that often.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » An Awesome (and cheap) Find (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL