The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » DareDevil marked deck (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
257 Posts

Profile of greerj
Anyone have any information on the Daredevil marked deck? It was mentioned in another thread (supposedly made by CardShark of Phoenix deck renown) but I can't find any information on it on his or any other site.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2504 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Me too!
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3409 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Saw one at the Winter Carnival of Magic. It's GOOOOOOOD!

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
257 Posts

Profile of greerj
Quote:
On Mar 20, 2015, Stanyon wrote:
Saw one at the Winter Carnival of Magic. It's GOOOOOOOD!

Cheers! Smile

Did cardshark have them? They're not on his website?
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
Considering Stopping At Exactly
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Are you sure of the name (or maker)?
Bicycle just re-released the Ultimate Marked Deck and this one just showed up in another forum http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=218

Also, often times a new product will "make the rounds" at conventions and lectures only before being released wide.
Cancer Sux - It is time to find a Cure

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
Stanyon
View Profile
Inner circle
Landrum, S.C. by way of Chicago
3409 Posts

Profile of Stanyon
Poof & greerj -

It is the Daredevil Deck...it is Card-Shark...and they're working on the DVD (which is probably why it's not out there yet!)

Cheers! Smile
Stanyon

aka Steve Taylor

"Every move a move!"

"If you've enjoyed my performance half as much as I've enjoyed performing for you, then you've enjoyed it twice as much as me!"
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
I guess I will be getting one to check out then since I use Phoenix Brand. (still nothing wrong with the marked decks Phoenix already has)

Don't spend so much time trying not to die that you forget how to live - H's wife to H on CSI Miami (paraphrased).

Smile Smile
rooti4
View Profile
New user
Quebec City
28 Posts

Profile of rooti4
It is on Card Shark Website now. It claims to have marking 700 % bigger than the Ultimate Marked Deck or 350 % bigger than other Phoenix marked decks. I would like that as without my glasses, I can't use a marked deck, and I have good routines for it.

But it is 40 $ US a deck. If I spend 40 $ on a marked deck, I want to make sure I can use it without my glasses. If not, it will be useless to me (and I don't like to wear glasses during a show !!).
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Quote:
On May 14, 2015, rooti4 wrote:

But it is 40 $ US a deck. If I spend 40 $ on a marked deck, I want to make sure I can use it without my glasses. If not, it will be useless to me (and I don't like to wear glasses during a show !!).

$45.00 US... I guess it isn't too far of a stretch if you consider $20-$25 for the marked deck (regular marked Phoenix is $20) and the rest for the Evans routine. $45 for just the deck would be steep. Smile

Smile Smile
rooti4
View Profile
New user
Quebec City
28 Posts

Profile of rooti4
Its all right if I can indeed use it comfortably without glasses. I don't mind a new routine. But I already have routines with marked decks. It would be nice to be able to order just the deck as well.
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2504 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Have one. Markings are huge. Won't need glasses.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Hi Roger, I saw that you ordered the Daredevil Deck from us. It is on its way to you. Please let us all know if it will work for you. I am pretty sure it will.

At so many conventions elder magicians were in awe when they finally found a marked deck that they can read again. The markings are pretty bold (literally), so be aware that you should have heard of spectator management at least.

Professionals are excited about the deck, Henry knows exactly how far he can stretch it. Just watch the video on www.daredevildeck.com

At conventions, where Henry performed it, and had two spectators shuffle the deck (magicians certainly), they stated afterwards that they had NO idea that it was marked and that they saw nothing. I always hand out the deck to magicians and they just shuffle it. The more relaxed you are, the less suspicious the spectator will be.

Would I use it in Close-Up or Table Hopping situations? I don't think so. But as soon as you perform for any larger audience, like in Parlour or Stage magic, this deck is AWESOME!
Btw: the Jokers are unmarked. Corner round them and cut to a Joker after the spectator shuffled. That way you can leave the deck on the table without any risk.

As the Daredevil Deck and the routine coming with it is a Henry Evans idea, I certainly have to sell this deck completely, together with Henry's routine. I think I can convince Henry, that later we might offer the decks as refills to all purchasers of the Daredevil Deck, so get yours now! Exclusively from us.
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1363 Posts

Profile of Jared
I received mine today...this is wonderful! I agree that this would be too risky to perform close-up but for stage/parlor work it is superb. You can literally see the markings from 3-4 feet away!
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
And from a bit further distance it gets invisible again. I can take off my glasses and can still read the markings. And trust me: I am pretty blind without my glasses. I think I could even try to read the marking blindfolded as the thin gap will narrow my view field to sharpen the blurry picture (when you are familiar with the physics and how you can get sharp images while looking through a small hole, you will understand what I mean).

Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8726 Posts

Profile of pegasus
I just received the email and was very excited until I read that it's not for close up.
Smile Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
I did not say it is NOT for close-up, I just wanted to tell you that this is not a beginner's deck, and that - if you have basic skills in spectator management - you certainly can use it. I would for instance recommend to corner short the unmarked Jokers, that way you can always cut to an unmarked card if you want to place the deck for a longer time onto the table.

Card-Shark is known for very honest and fair and open descriptions and demo videos. I would call it the "non-disappointment policy". We all know how it feels if we believe in pipe dreams, because some producers like to hype the product video or description, show freaked out spectators instead of a fair performance, just to increase the sales numbers. Because they rely on the fact that most of the products purchased end up in the drawer with the other magic clutter.

Do you want that? I bet not. If you want to give it a try: go for it. If you want to wait and see me at a convention like Magic Live, FISM, SAM Convention or Genii Bash, then this is ok as well. I know that this is one of the coolest items I ever created. I am happy to show everybody the marking on the cards LIVE, just not in a video.

I can also understand if you just want to wait a few more days and get some feedback here at the Café, as I also don't like to stir the pot and hype an item that is not available yet.

I can tell you that I would use it in close up conditions, as I am fine with basic risk taking. Because I learned to "cheat" without feeling guilty. Some magicians have a problem with that. One magician so far returned the deck, telling me that he fears to use it because his wife has found the markings. Well, yes, a magician's wife - as we all know - is the most picky person on this planet earth. If I go to her with this deck without a good reason for a distraction (like: I would like to show you my newest flourish etc.), she will surely find it. Because you trained her to find it through all the years. Smile

Henry Evans is a genius when it comes to spectator blindness. He knows every single bit how far he can go, and he is super happy with the design. I saw him performing this routine at several conventions, where he always sold out within a few minutes. The "awe" going through the room when he approaches the camera with a card and at a certain distance suddenly the marking pops out was priceless. The "spectators" (actually magicians) at the table who helped him had no clue. They came over to my booth to take a close look at the deck, as they could not believe they were fooled so badly. Smile

Chinese Proverb
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2050 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2015, Card-Shark wrote:
I did not say it is NOT for close-up

Actually, what you said was:

Quote:
Would I use it in Close-Up or Table Hopping situations? I don't think so.

So I can see how some would take that as the deck being not suitable for close-up.

Quote:
Card-Shark is known for very honest and fair and open descriptions and demo videos.

Thanks for that - I'm sure I'm not alone saying I appreciate it, along with your participation here providing further clarifications.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Smile well, I got a lot of orders out today, so I expect that soon some will join in, sharing their experiences. Better them than me.

You know with a marked deck that once you know it, it is impossible NOT to see it? And then you think: they must see it as well! But that is the case with every Marked Deck, and I created already about a dozen different ones.

Chinese Proverb
Poof-Daddy
View Profile
Inner circle
5150 Posts

Profile of Poof-Daddy
Card-Shark's honesty and participation were a couple of the main things that swayed me toward looking further into the Phoenix Card Brand. I later wrote up a pretty long thread about why "I" made the switch from Bicycle to Phoenix. Love the quality of the products he sells, the prices are great compared to other brands (including gaff items). Decks like the Stripper deck are bar-none best on the market due to design made for that particular gaff. Marked decks are the best I have used in over 20 years. To top that all off, he is a magician first... not a corporation just banging out product for profit. He looks at what works best for "our kind" and incorporates it.

Since I have made the switch, I have never looked back. I too am a bit of a "bold" performer and probably wouldn't have a problem using this if I didn't have my regular marked deck handy. (Any time you use a marked deck you are taking a chance after all. Audience management plays the biggest part in my opinion).

On a side note... Cant wait to get my hands on the new color decks just released. Smile

Smile Smile
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
Poof Daddy, next time we meet, the beer is on me. Very kind words, thank you!

Chinese Proverb
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » DareDevil marked deck (9 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL