The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » DareDevil marked deck (9 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
civins
View Profile
Regular user
Scotland
114 Posts

Profile of civins
So what's the difference between the phoenix own marked deck and this daredevil?
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
The size and type of marking. I managed to increase the size of the marking to about 700% bigger than the Ultimate Marked Deck or 350% bigger than the Phoenix Marking.

Certainly I had to find a new place for it on the back, and you can watch the demo video if you do not believe me: the camera cannot show it!
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I ordered yesterday.

So the performer can also know the card by feel or?

Thank you Christian - I've lost count of all the cool products you've created!
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
There is nothing to feel.
(I am still counting, and I am very excited about some other new releases coning soon!)

Chinese Proverb
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8723 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Jun 12, 2015, saysold1 wrote:
I ordered yesterday.

So the performer can also know the card by feel or?

Thank you Christian - I've lost count of all the cool products you've created!

I look forward to your review Brett, in particular if this can indeed be used close up.
guinelli
View Profile
New user
Belgium
11 Posts

Profile of guinelli
Well, let me make a quick review...because I am making one for my magazine (www.escamoteur.be) written in Dutch at this very moment, and want to share this with you guys. I use this deck ONLY in close-up. I have discovered it at Blackpool because I had to bring one for a friend. The moment they showed me the deck and how it works, I was blown away. This is a deck that permits you to read the back from a distance while talking and presenting your effect. What I often do in close-up is this... When you perform the classic invisible deck, people sometimes make the remark that they had to name out loud the card first. Just give them the Daredevil deck, let them select a card and turn it upside down without you seeing it. THEN open your invisible deck...it's a complete other level of magic. You don't have to believe me, just try it. It is a very powerful weapon and magicians tend to think it is too bold...believe me, it is Smile But nobody sees it. Sometimes they check the deck and I have to admit that my hands sweat a bit at this moment, but NEVER someone discovered ANYTHING.
rooti4
View Profile
New user
Quebec City
28 Posts

Profile of rooti4
I got this a few weeks back, and yes I can read it from quite a distance without glasses. However, the routine I wanted to use it with may not work with this deck (I still have to try it to verify it though). The routine I perfom with a marked deck is to lay all 52 cards either on the ground or on a table and have the spectator roll a ball on them. Whatever card the ball stops on is put aside. Then with an invisible deck, I get the same card. The reveal is a killer ... BUT, with every card exposed in plain sight for the duration of the trick I think will not work with this deck. Therefore I don't know if I will use this or not. For now it will remain dormant and hopefully one day I will have a use for it.

I could use it on stage, having the cards sticked to a vertical board, as a spectator would trow a dart at it. The one card (hopefully without too many trows to get through one) with dart would be revealed against its sister card in the invisible deck. I would probably get away with it because of the distance from the spectator to the board, and no issue with the audience of course. This reveal would be at the same level as of the original one, but I will damage one card every time I perfom it. Not really a problem to buy one deck for every show ... but stil ...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
The trick you describe with a ball or pool ball is an oldie but goodie - but certainly not the right effect to use with this deck. The application you describe is a close up effect and this new deck sounds better for parlor or stage. The video sample card shark is using shows it in close up so that may be the issue.

Looking forward to getting my set this week.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of premium, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Roger Nicot
View Profile
V.I.P.
Melksham, England
98 Posts

Profile of Roger Nicot
Well "saysold1"... I see yours was delivered today. What are your thoughts?
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2015, Roger Nicot wrote:
Well "saysold1"... I see yours was delivered today. What are your thoughts?

Geez!

I just opened the package less than 10 min ago Roger!!!

(BTW my Harbo gummies were melted - it is 112 in Phoenix today).

I tell you what upon opening the box and looking at the cards briefly... I am initially quite impressed with the concept and execution.

Yes - compared with UMD and my Fournier etc these should be able to be seen from far away by a performer. Even with poor vision you will see these no prob.

I love the gorgeous packaging (sad that I will be tossing - really cool comic book graphics) and look forward to watching the Henry Evans DVD this weekend hopefully.

The key concepts here are what probably can be said about ANY and EVERY m****d deck which is that:

1. Never (ever) do multiple effects using the m******s - do one effect.

2. Don't stare at the backs

3. Handle them like regular cards

4. Assume even if the m***s are in neon - the spectator will not have a clue and won't be looking for them. So don't worry about it.

I plan to post this in latest and greatest later tonight (unless one of you beats me to it). Why keep this new superhero in hiding in gaffed & Funky?

Lets take the mask off. Smile
Robert M
View Profile
Inner circle
2570 Posts

Profile of Robert M
I honestly don't see how this could possibly be done close-up. But... for parlor or stage, yes!

Robert
The Great Dave
View Profile
Regular user
My Wife said "It's Me or that Stupid Magic Website!" this many times.
184 Posts

Profile of The Great Dave
I did it close-up. Just keep the cards moving and take the bold move. See if you fail first. Then decide ...
Dave The Wave
Academy of Magical Arts

Hey Rocky, watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat! Whoops, wrong hat ...
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10624 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I guess you could use close up which is shown on the DVD but personally I wouldn't.
443magicman
View Profile
New user
76 Posts

Profile of 443magicman
I was at Henry Evan lecture and picked up one of these. You can read these markings from far away and it is just great.
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of mickym
Now I have received a new advertisement for the Daredevil Deck. It seems very impressive. I am tempted to order it, but before I will appreciate all possible new reviews in order to understand as much as possible its value and particularly the pro's and con's.
Thank you!
mickym
View Profile
Loyal user
232 Posts

Profile of mickym
As there are no new reviews, does anyone know a magic shop in Berlin where I can see (and buy, if I like it) the Daredevil Deck?
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Quote:
On Aug 11, 2015, mickym wrote:
As there are no new reviews, does anyone know a magic shop in Berlin where I can see (and buy, if I like it) the Daredevil Deck?

See this thread...
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
I really don't see how a marked deck (which tells you WHAT card it is) can tell you the position it's in. Especially after thorough shuffling.
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1752 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
That is why you should watch and understand Henry Evan's performance and tutorial. It is pretty devious and worth alone the money.

Chinese Proverb
patrick66
View Profile
Veteran user
The Netherlands
384 Posts

Profile of patrick66
Aha, okay, another order coming in from me then Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » DareDevil marked deck (9 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL