The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changeling: looks good. (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
So I saw the demo, and looked at the thread on it - it looks very nice indeed. Any experiences with it here?

Also, what UK notes seem to offer the best contrast and impact? 5 to 50? 5 to 10?
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6798 Posts

Profile of bowers
It does look good.I have ordered it.
Will review it soon.
Todd
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Can someone describe the effect, or point to a description/demo? There are different effects by this name (2 by Sankey)
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
6798 Posts

Profile of bowers
Check it out on Penquin magic John.
There is also a long thread about it
at the lastest and greatest below.
Todd
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1551 Posts

Profile of Ihop
It's also reviewed on "Tricks & Trailers"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GwDTSIYHuJ4
starting at 10:50
Ihor
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Thanks guys, you seem to be referring to a "Changeling" by Marc Lavelle (Sankey also has a bill effect by the same name, and separate coin effect with the same name)

John
Terrible Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
1973 Posts

Profile of Terrible Wizard
Glad to see the great review TNT gave it. I suspect everyone will be doing this soon Smile
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5945 Posts

Profile of george1953
I don't normally like tricks with notes (bills) but this one just might get me pushing the button.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2621 Posts

Profile of John Long
Todd:

I would be interested in your review. My concern is that all the "heat" will be on the bill after the change and spectator will want to grab/inspect the bill at the end. If he is not allowed to inspect it, he will think "tricky bill"
robbie mcgrath
View Profile
Loyal user
Ireland
225 Posts

Profile of robbie mcgrath
Hi lads, have to say I think this is best bill transfer I've seen, it's an amazing effect your missing out by not having it I think anyways, it's covered all the working on the DVD, it's nothing short of genius, I using euros to do it,
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Building my first gimmick this weekend hopefully, £5 to £10. I'll report back on how it goes. The consensus sems to be that changing down is safer than up with crowd control (they will want their £10 back, not the £5 you've just changed it into) However I like the beer glass transformation of a £5 into a £10 as a great pub trick and the beer glass offers a bit of a protection for the dirty gimmick too. There are a couple of threads regarding other possible effects with changling in the Café that are worth keeping an eye on.
The average man is not hard to mystify. - Howard Thurston
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I've just finished building my first gimmick. It took about an hour and a quarter including d****g time. I'm chuffed with the result, it's about 99% perfect and will be 100% for the next one. Do get the recommended g**e (it's on Amazon in the UK) and watch the build section of the DVD through once before using it step by step during the build. I'm already happy with the in performers hand change which is super smooth but the alternative pint glass swirl change is just brilliant.....right it's pub time, where's my wallet, oh no I only have a fiver....or do I....?!
jclightman
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of jclightman
Nice effect. Thanks for sharing!
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1797 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
Has anybody performed this in "live" situations yet? It looks intriguing and magical ... just want to know if you guys have had any success with it.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
England
423 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
Hi Arthur, there's a discussion re changeling performances etc over on this thread:

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......c=580426
egoli
View Profile
Special user
The only magician from Que Que, Southern Rhodesia
632 Posts

Profile of egoli
I decided to try something with the Canadian plastic money changing it into a US $1 bill. The advantage here is that the folding of the plastic money is much reduced. Had to use a non-see through section of the bill. Here is a short video of the change. Please be kind - I am just a hobbyist and this is my very first magic video.

https://youtu.be/1LIoastLDg0

Ed
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Scotland
861 Posts

Profile of boydy
Looks good to me Ed!
VanishingInc
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of VanishingInc
I love Changeling so much! It's so simple but so visual!

Here's a video of my handling of Changeling!

-Kyle
We personally curate every product we sell because we put quality and service first.
Ray Ouellette
View Profile
Regular user
Ottawa, Canada
111 Posts

Profile of Ray Ouellette
Quote:
On May 10, 2015, egoli wrote:
I decided to try something with the Canadian plastic money changing it into a US $1 bill. The advantage here is that the folding of the plastic money is much reduced. Had to use a non-see through section of the bill. Here is a short video of the change. Please be kind - I am just a hobbyist and this is my very first magic video.

https://youtu.be/1LIoastLDg0

Ed

That was very well done Ed! I am Canadian as well in Ottawa and I find the new bills an absolute pain to try to work with. Bad enough they are all different colours, now they are untearable and see-through. Why I tend to steer away from effects with bank notes.
"Love and magic have a great deal in common. They enrich the soul, delight the heart. And they both take practice"
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Seeing only a quarter of the bill to start is not too great. then the other seam problems? not my cup of tea. many better options for me at least.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Paper money madness! » » Changeling: looks good. (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL