The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cigarette manipulation (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
icentertainment
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of icentertainment
Get the Tom Mulica tapes. They are the best.

I love Tom's style, some may not but the tricks you'll learn are super amazing, especially with toung palming being dangerous to those you don't know how to do it I would suggest watching it instaed of reading it,

But if you don't laugh out loud at Toms Foolery your probably have no sense of humour.
David Welzman
Conus
View Profile
Special user
657 Posts

Profile of Conus
Read Keith Clark's "Encyclopedia of Cigarette Tricks."

You'll learn the tools for putting together your own routine.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I really don't remember where this effect is on but its the basic thumb clip and a lot of habd flourishes and boom I'm done lit or not .always gets them.
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Keith Clarke's book (see above) is pretty comprehensive but old-fashioned and nigh-on impossible to read, owing to an impenetrable code used for explanations. I reckon you'd be better off with something a bit more recent.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
magicshift
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of magicshift
I have a few cigarette tricks in my book "It's Magic".
GSmithson
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of GSmithson
Keith Clark's book is the bible of cigarette manipulation. I found it easier to tackle one small section at a time, which made the turn-a-few-pages references to the photo plates easier.

It is old, but it is probably the best book available. (Old, yes. Afterall, the golden days of cigarette manipulation are well behind even me at my age!)

Don't overlook it, lads.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
Found this on youtube - doing this type of magic for kids is hilarious!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5H7qcoJ3FCQ
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Search You Tube:
Borra: magic and smoke
and
Charly Borra zigaretten manipulationen

Borra Sr. and Borra Jr. are pickpockets and both started their act with a burning cigarette manipulation
Watch the silk through smoke ring!
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
And don't forget to search on You Tube:
Cardini 1957
Watch also the humbug with the matches!
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Loyal user
245 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Some good stuff listed here!
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
No one mention Slydini cigarette magic in his book "The Magic of Slydini". Close-up magic presented while seated at a table.
mrmakeithappen
View Profile
New user
43 Posts

Profile of mrmakeithappen
Recently watched Slydini's torn & restored cig on an episode of Reel Magic. Nice effect!
Lawrence O
View Profile
Inner circle
French Riviera
6811 Posts

Profile of Lawrence O
Keith Clark's book may look old but there are in there some moves that are forgotten and replaced by much weaker movve (namely on the continuous production of cigarettes)
Don't pass it by.

I've been using the book to build a penknives routine with knives of six different colors + some additional ones...

And now that Chad Long came with the brilliant idea of replacing the color changing knives with Flash drives, the books on cigarettes are the keepers of rare secrets.
Magic is the art of emotionally sharing live impossible situations
JD Draws Things
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of JD Draws Things
Quote:
On 2004-12-12 10:21, ross welford wrote:
Keith Clarke's book (see above) is pretty comprehensive but old-fashioned and nigh-on impossible to read, owing to an impenetrable code used for explanations. I reckon you'd be better off with something a bit more recent.
I just picked the book up yesterday and I agree that the abbreviations are rather annoying
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » Cigarette manipulation (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL