The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sisti satin copper cups (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1822 Posts

Profile of Daren
Hi, I am thinking of purchasing the Sisti satin copper working pro cups, do these have a nice smooth finish, and will they patina nicely, or as they are satin do they patina differently to other copper cups
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
Leeds, UK (but I'm Scottish)
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I have a set of JES Squatty ups in satin and they seemed to take on a patina quicker than the mirror finish ups I own.
The patina is a pleasant mid-brown colour.
"But there isn't a door"
cupsandballsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
2706 Posts

Profile of cupsandballsmagic
A mirror set will patina in a more even way imho, however a satin may turn a little quicker. Either way... nice cups! Smile
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
All the voices in my head helped me make
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, cupsandballsmagic wrote:
A mirror set will patina in a more even way imho, however a satin may turn a little quicker. Either way... nice cups! Smile

Either polished or satin will patina well. The satin of any cup will patina more because the copper is exposed, the polished
version on the other side will patna, it just may take a little longer since the copper has polishe to a gloss finish.

Jake
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
yin_howe
View Profile
Special user
Malaysia
741 Posts

Profile of yin_howe
Hello Jake, nice to see you here again after so long.

I have a mirror finish copper Sisti and a satin finish copper JES Squatty. Both patina nicely, you just have to keep handling them. However, the mirror finish patina looks more 'shiny', if that makes any sense.
"Talent without passion is talent wasted.."
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, Tom Fenton wrote:
I have a set of JES Squatty ups in satin and they seemed to take on a patina quicker than the mirror finish ups I own.
The patina is a pleasant mid-brown colour.

Just wanted to say hello and wish you and the family healthy.

Mad Jake Sr.
For quality Paul Fox Cups spun on Danny Dew's Paul Fox tooling visit us at www.airshipmagic.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I agree, nice to see you back Jake.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
Same to you Jake.
I hope that your health problems are getting better my friend.

Please give my regards your family.

Tom
"But there isn't a door"
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Pepka and Tom. Thank you for the well wishes and welcome back.
Tom all our love to you and to your family. I have a picture of you and Epiphany
from when we all met at Disney that one year.

Sincerely,
Mad Jake Sr.
Tom Fenton
View Profile
Inner circle
1454 Posts

Profile of Tom Fenton
I have that same photo Jake.
I also have the picture of you and I taken by Epiphany.

It was a real pleasure meeting you both.

Great to see you back here posting.
"But there isn't a door"
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Is there a difference in the handling of the Sisti and the Foxxy cups, or is it purely cosmetic?
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Between the Sisti and Foxy cups, there is a significant handling difference. The Sisti cups have a single bead, the Foxy has 2 shoulder beads. I doesn't
take long to adjust. The other is size, the Sisti cups hold a lacrosse ball and the Foxy cups hold a tennis ball. Again, not hard to make the adjustment in size.

The Foxy cups will be able to use larger working balls, where as the Sisti cups will only take up to 1".

Sincerely,
Jake Sr.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thank you Jake.
I've become obsessed with getting a set of fine cups. Unfortunately, I've run into a snag. In the last several months, I've developed arthritis in my hands and cannot close them enough to finger palm a ball. It came on very suddenly, and I'm hoping that it goes away just as fast. Meanwhile, I've been gathering information, and I think that I know what I want, thanks to your last post.
Mad Jake
View Profile
Inner circle
2103 Posts

Profile of Mad Jake
Quote:
On May 29, 2016, jakeg wrote:
Thank you Jake.
I've become obsessed with getting a set of fine cups. Unfortunately, I've run into a snag. In the last several months, I've developed arthritis in my hands and cannot close them enough to finger palm a ball. It came on very suddenly, and I'm hoping that it goes away just as fast. Meanwhile, I've been gathering information, and I think that I know what I want, thanks to your last post.

The Foxy 3 cups are for you then. It requires less of a grip.

Jake Sr.
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1721 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Thanks again Jake. That's the conclusion that I came to after reading about using larger working balls in your previous post.
AndreaMooreMagic
View Profile
Regular user
110 Posts

Profile of AndreaMooreMagic
I know I'm new here, but the cups you mentioned are pretty nice. I doubt you would be disappointed with them in any regard.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Sisti satin copper cups (5 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL