The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mexican Paper Tear by Scott Alexander (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1010 Posts

Profile of Sashac
Scott is a GENIUS! Anything by him has been worked, tested and improved. Here's his newest thing, not released yet though.

http://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/prod......per-tear

Scott's handling for the classic Leipzig Cigarette Paper Tear that can play for an intimate parlour setting or for 1000 people on stage. Scott has taken this classic plot and infused it with laugh grabbing jokes and a really funny routine. Plus the method employs a clever diabolical gimmick for super easy handling. Your hands appear as clean as a whistle at all times. No funny moves and no sticky stuff and no complicated reset. It sets up in seconds. Talk about your pack small and play big tricks, this one is the ultimate.

Comes with papers, gimmick and training DVD
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7051 Posts

Profile of bowers
Would like to see a video of this.
Todd
vinsmagic
View Profile
Eternal Order
sleeping with the fishes...
10691 Posts

Profile of vinsmagic
Mee too for 65 bucks its a must see demo
Come check out my magic.

http://www.vinnymarini.com
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
$65.00? Smile Smile Smile

Going to have to go to some lengths to beat this...

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7051 Posts

Profile of bowers
Now that was awesome.
Todd
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
563 Posts

Profile of sjrw
Stunning
MagicMan1957
View Profile
Inner circle
1445 Posts

Profile of MagicMan1957
Another great version...

Martin Lewis UNDIVIDED

https://youtu.be/r9Mb3rF0DDQ
dan the man
View Profile
Regular user
194 Posts

Profile of dan the man
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, Kabbalah wrote:
$65.00? Smile Smile Smile

Going to have to go to some lengths to beat this...

Wow.. amazing!
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1263 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Another great version...

Martin Lewis UNDIVIDED

Yes, that's a great version, but MagicMan1957, please don't hijack threads. It's considered inappropriate.

This thread is about "Mexican Paper Tear" by Scott Alexander

Thanks.
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Thanks for the concerts + recordings, Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I don't think he's hijacking this thread I think he's making a fair comparison.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
1987 Posts

Profile of puggo
I would guess that there won't be a demo, as there are many easily available method variations, but would think that you are paying for the jokes, the routining etc.
While I find a lot of Scott's products to be expensive, if you get and actually use such a well polished piece of stage magic (e.g. Superfly, BIL etc.), then the value is excellent.
I still use Bill Abbott's 5 card opener. It is the routine structure which makes it worth every penny.

Having said that, I would like to see some reviews..

Charlie
jbadman
View Profile
Special user
London
924 Posts

Profile of jbadman
I agree - MagicMan's post was very appropriate; to make a purchase of $65 for a new method, we need to be able to compare with what's available already (and what may already been in books on our shelves).

How DOES this compare with Undivided? What are the pros and cons of the two? How does this compare to the method shown in the video above? Again, what are the respective advantages and disadvantages?
http://www.underground-collective.com - check out our new DVD now!
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Does anyone know when this is coming out?
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2991 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Looks clean as a whistle. Very nice.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
MoonRazor
View Profile
Special user
773 Posts

Profile of MoonRazor
No high jacking……..this is what the Café should be used for, not just advertising a "new" product

Quote:
On Mar 23, 2015, Steve Hook wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 22, 2015, MagicMan1957 wrote:
Another great version...

Martin Lewis UNDIVIDED

Yes, that's a great version, but MagicMan1957, please don't hijack threads. It's considered inappropriate.

This thread is about "Mexican Paper Tear" by Scott Alexander

Thanks.
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
Hello Kabbalah,
Beautiful
Whose version, and where could I find this?
Thanks
Paul
Axman
View Profile
Veteran user
335 Posts

Profile of Axman
It's Nate Leipzigs version and can be found in the Dai Vernon Tribute To Nate Leipzig. The performance is By David Ben and was shot for Dai Vernon: The spirit of magic
pjpastir
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of pjpastir
Axman,
Thank you so much
Best Regards
Paul
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Scott's Mexican Paper Tear is now for sale on his site. Already placed my order, so I will let you guys know what I think when it arrives. Every single thing I've bought of Scott's has been outstanding, so I have high hopes for this one!
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
445 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I just received this yesterday. Haven't gotten a chance to play around with it too much yet, but I watched the DVD and checked out the gimmick. As always, everything is really well done by Scott. There is no doubt in my mind that this is going to be a worker. The routine itself is really well put together, and I believe that the claim that this can be done for 1,000 people is accurate with the given subtleties. Good stuff!

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mexican Paper Tear by Scott Alexander (14 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL