The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mexican Paper Tear by Scott Alexander (14 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
You can use a little bit bigger paper. I would say you could get away with twice the size of a cig paper.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
Martin Adams
View Profile
Elite user
456 Posts

Profile of Martin Adams
Hi Guys,

Just wanted to let you know that Mexican Tear Paper comes with free fedex express shipping at: http://mystiquefactory.com/products/mexi......shipping

Best,
Martin
Red Neck Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Down Yonder
242 Posts

Profile of Red Neck Magician
Thanks for all of the help.
Jared
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island, USA
1262 Posts

Profile of Jared
Money well spent...Scott brings some great thinking to the plot allowing the performer to end squeaky clean before the reveal. While the patter is nice it's secondary to his improved mechanics and routining over the original Nate Leipzig version.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

Thanks Jared....glad you liked it!!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Sashac
View Profile
Inner circle
1009 Posts

Profile of Sashac
I have this and it is indeed good. Unfortunately, I didn't find too much value in this as it's almost identical to another effect taught at a lecture I attended (credited and the "patter" didn't suit me personally (it isn't about the patter either).

However, it does not mean it's not good, because it is. I think people will enjoy this. Also, the little modification to the gimmick (which by the way, is not something simple like a folded piece of paper or anything, there's more to it) was not necessary but I definitely think useful whenever travelling with this and for an economy of movement. All in all, it's good/very good, but I didn't find value in it simply because I've been performing something almost identical for a while.
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1521 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
Does this effect require special size papers ala the double wide club cabaret papers needed for Undivided?
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1465 Posts

You can use any size but I like the EZ Wider 1 1/2 size.
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

roblane
View Profile
Special user
Say 'toast' five times, toast toast.....
749 Posts

Profile of roblane
I received this yesterday from Saturn magic in the UK and I'm very impressed. So clean, and unlike other 'in the performers hands' routines, your so far ahead when you give the spec the pieces to hold it's almost unfair! Scotts teaching is excellent too. I can understand why some might baulk at £50 for a paper tear, but this is money well spent. Thanks Scott.

Rob
Definition of a Freudian slip; Saying one thing and meaning a "mother"!
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1100 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Would like to see another shot of Scott's version as the one he's posted doesn't look as clean as either Vernon or Lewis. There's a moment when everything goes out of view which doesn't seem to happen with the other two.
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
2991 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2015, The Baldini wrote:
Scott is brilliant there is no doubt. But why would you want to copy him.

I'd only copy him if his presentation was better than the crap I usually come up with. So I'll probably copy him and sleep like a baby. Call the magic police.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Neznarf
View Profile
Inner circle
NY then AZ now
1836 Posts

Profile of Neznarf
This is $39.95 on Hocus-Pocus,

So if you are waiting to buy this
Pull the Trigger
"Life is not about waiting for the storms to pass...it's about learning how to dance in the rain."
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
918 Posts

Profile of catweazle
You can get for 29.95 including a bunch of other effects in the Penguin live holiday special.
Scott Alexander and Dan Harlan Holiday Special 4

http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/7643
magicnorm
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of magicnorm
Quote:
On May 18, 2015, Sashac wrote:
I have this and it is indeed good. Unfortunately, I didn't find too much value in this as it's almost identical to another effect taught at a lecture I attended (credited and the "patter" didn't suit me personally (it isn't about the patter either).

However, it does not mean it's not good, because it is. I think people will enjoy this. Also, the little modification to the gimmick (which by the way, is not something simple like a folded piece of paper or anything, there's more to it) was not necessary but I definitely think useful whenever travelling with this and for an economy of movement. All in all, it's good/very good, but I didn't find value in it simply because I've been performing something almost identical for a while.

Good, but not to much value? It is good but the modification not necessary, but useful ? Good , very Good but again no value in it ? Wholly Molly WTF!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Mexican Paper Tear by Scott Alexander (14 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL