We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Colorful Cups and Balls (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Kort Is Now In Session was published by Magic Incorporated in Chicago, so that might be a good place to start looking for a copy.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
After reviewing Milton Kort's "Chromo Cups and Balls" I've decided there might be a place for using a routine similar to his BEFORE performing my own routine. Kort's routine is made to be performed exclusively by the magician- no hands-on for the spectator, but parts of it could serve as an introduction to show the spectator what to do later. I like the way Kort's routine ends up with all the balls turning one color, so that's where I would start by having the spectator restore the balls back to their original three colors and then performing the hands-on spectator routine I have worked out. Thanks, David Parr- introducing me to Kort's routine just made my own version better.
David Parr
View Profile
V.I.P.
881 Posts

Profile of David Parr
Quote:
On Apr 30, 2015, jimgerrish wrote:

Thanks, David Parr- introducing me to Kort's routine just made my own version better.

Glad to help.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1999 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
That's my favorite part of making balls; People who want things that they can't otherwise have and no one has to offer.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
Just a follow-up: I have published the work so far in The Wizards' Journal #29 under the name "Colorful Cups and Balls". I will probably make addenda, particularly to describe how to get large loads (lemons, oranges, potatoes, etc.) into the cup(s) without using your pockets or body loading. But the basic routine works and is complete.
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
I have a set of the balls that might work for your routine. I'd be willing to work something out with you. PM me and I will see what I can do.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
No need: I have worked out a satisfactory solution to the color balls problem.
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1197 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Quote:
On Jul 28, 2015, jimgerrish wrote:
Just a follow-up: I have published the work so far in The Wizards' Journal #29 under the name "Colorful Cups and Balls". I will probably make addenda, particularly to describe how to get large loads (lemons, oranges, potatoes, etc.) into the cup(s) without using your pockets or body loading. But the basic routine works and is complete.

Do you have a video? I'd like to see how it turned out.
Reality is a real killjoy.
jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
No video is planned.
funsway
View Profile
Inner circle
old things in new ways - new things in old ways
9135 Posts

Profile of funsway
I will save up, Jim Smile

Just kidding! For any not checking the Magic Nook regularly, everything is very affordable
"the more one pretends at magic, the more awe and wonder will be found in real life." Arnold Furst

eBooks at https://www.lybrary.com/ken-muller-m-579928.html questions at ken@eversway.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Colorful Cups and Balls (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL