The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » On Writing Horror (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magical Dimensions
View Profile
Inner circle
5001 Posts

Profile of Magical Dimensions
I thought that this may be of interest for those that like to write their own scripts.

http://www.lybrary.com/on-writing-horror......893.html

Best
Ray
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
Great book. I have the first edition. Still holds up. Sometimes reminded me of a college Lit. Class but great nonetheless.
Brynmore14
View Profile
Inner circle
The Séance Chamber
1815 Posts

Profile of Brynmore14
I made a start on this before it got buried by everything after it. Just the other day I was thinking that I need to get out the shovel and dig it out and finish it off.
George Hunter
View Profile
Inner circle
2017 Posts

Profile of George Hunter
Thanks for referring us to this book. I just downloaded it from Amazon onto my Kindle app, and it is a splendid collection.

George
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
That's fine, and I'll put it on my reading list, but remember what any number of writers have said: "If you want to write such-and-such, read lots and lots of it. Study other writers in the genre."
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Brian J. Hatcher
View Profile
New user
Charleston WV
52 Posts

Profile of Brian J. Hatcher
Another great book on the subject is Writers Workshop of Horror, edited by Michael Knost. A Bram Stoker and Black Quill award winner with a lot of great information from the top writers in horror. And a little something by me, but you can skip over that part. Smile

http://amzn.com/0982493916
Maior Cogitatio Magiam Maiorem Facit
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » On Writing Horror (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL