The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insight thread (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Daston
View Profile
New user
44 Posts

Profile of Daston
Also there is supposed to be an INSIGHT facebook group which I wish to become a member, however I am having zero luck finding it. Help?
401bound
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of 401bound
Hello all,
I have been all over the internet trying to find some info on how to replace the insight battery. I bought one last year and as of recent, the blue light does not shut off to indicate a full charge. Even when left overnight to charge it doesn't shut off and the charge it does hold only lasts for a few minutes or so. I attempted to contact Hugo via the email address on his website but I have not yet received a reply. The booklet does say the battery is replaceable but there is no mention as to how this is accomplished. I contacted Penguin Magic, where I purchased the device and they just told me to email Hugo. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!
Mosey_D
View Profile
New user
Taiwan
7 Posts

Profile of Mosey_D
I was under the impression you just remove the sleeve and replace the battery.
I haven't used mine enough to need to change the battery, so I can't answer based on experience. In fact I am planning on selling mine.
drawfull
View Profile
Veteran user
qmagi.com
312 Posts

Profile of drawfull
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2018, 401bound wrote:
Hello all,
I have been all over the internet trying to find some info on how to replace the insight battery. I bought one last year and as of recent, the blue light does not shut off to indicate a full charge. Even when left overnight to charge it doesn't shut off and the charge it does hold only lasts for a few minutes or so. I attempted to contact Hugo via the email address on his website but I have not yet received a reply. The booklet does say the battery is replaceable but there is no mention as to how this is accomplished. I contacted Penguin Magic, where I purchased the device and they just told me to email Hugo. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!


If you look where the battery is, you can see the outline of its holder through the sleeve. You do not need to remove the sleeve. I have the original insight and changed the battery earlier this year/ Use a blunt instrument to push it out a little, so you don't tear the sleeve. Then you can pull it out.

The batteries you need to buy are LIR2450 (NOT CR2450). I got them off Amazon.
401bound
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of 401bound
Quote:
On Sep 25, 2018, drawfull wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 23, 2018, 401bound wrote:
Hello all,
I have been all over the internet trying to find some info on how to replace the insight battery. I bought one last year and as of recent, the blue light does not shut off to indicate a full charge. Even when left overnight to charge it doesn't shut off and the charge it does hold only lasts for a few minutes or so. I attempted to contact Hugo via the email address on his website but I have not yet received a reply. The booklet does say the battery is replaceable but there is no mention as to how this is accomplished. I contacted Penguin Magic, where I purchased the device and they just told me to email Hugo. Hoping someone can help me out. Thanks!


If you look where the battery is, you can see the outline of its holder through the sleeve. You do not need to remove the sleeve. I have the original insight and changed the battery earlier this year/ Use a blunt instrument to push it out a little, so you don't tear the sleeve. Then you can pull it out.

The batteries you need to buy are LIR2450 (NOT CR2450). I got them off Amazon.


Than you so much for your help! You wouldn’t believe how difficult it was to find information pertaining to this. I’m quite irritated/surprised that Mr. Shelley still hasn’t replied.
judagar
View Profile
New user
Cary, NC
43 Posts

Profile of judagar
Is there a group where we can talk about the Insight deck/ I recently received one from a ring member and really want to put this to good use.
AutarchicFlux
View Profile
Regular user
133 Posts

Profile of AutarchicFlux
How much are these selling for these days? I’ve got one that’s never been used that should go to a good home...
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Help Hugo if you are around!

My last post here was last December 2017. I am getting ready my Insight Pro deck for several Christmas presentations and I just found out that the Insight App from Dominic Moffat (which I own) is not working. When you try to select this app in the iPhone it says: This app is no longer shared with you. To use if, you must buy it from the App store.

I just changed the receiver battery and the sensor does not even recognize the card or vibrate. The app is unusable and on top of that I cannot even download a new app if necessary. Apparently the site is not operational!

I'm sending this message to Hugo or someone else who could help. I need for some directions ASAP.

Help!

hbenod
The Duster
View Profile
Inner circle
1633 Posts

Profile of The Duster
I hope it works out

The problem with phones is that apps need updating all the time
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of hbenod
I had to eliminate this routine from my repertoire. I have not been able to resolve the problem and I haven't had any assistance up to now. However, I hope to be able to get this effect operational again in the immediate future. I know there are 6 different time zones in between but... I am not a happy camper!

hbenod
Bill08
View Profile
Special user
Montreal
591 Posts

Profile of Bill08
Quote:
On Dec 23, 2018, hbenod wrote:
I had to eliminate this routine from my repertoire. I have not been able to resolve the problem and I haven't had any assistance up to now. However, I hope to be able to get this effect operational again in the immediate future. I know there are 6 different time zones in between but... I am not a happy camper!

hbenod


maybe someone from the Insight facebook group could help - have you been able to contact anyone there?
hbenod
View Profile
Regular user
165 Posts

Profile of hbenod
Despite many trials I am not able to download a NEW app from the Apple App store! This means the whole Insight Pro Deck is just like a regular Phoenix deck but it costs HUNDREDS of DOLLARS! Hugo, please help!. I need an operational APP!

hbenod
juggler357
View Profile
New user
Caroline Springs
9 Posts

Profile of juggler357
Thinking of buying this, is Hugo giving customers support yet? Wondering if thos who had problems have had them solved yet? thanks.
strollingmagician
View Profile
Loyal user
237 Posts

Profile of strollingmagician
Update from users?
Mr. Mindbender
View Profile
Inner circle
1330 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mindbender
I was watching ESPN’s broadcast of the World Series of Poker last night and the host explained how the cards have chips in them and the table top has the reader so that they (ESPN) instantly know the cards so that players don’t have to show their cards to the “hole cams”. Seems like this technology is pretty well known/exposed, at least to anyone who plays poker!
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Just wondering if anyone has had success buying from or communicating with Hugo in recent weeks/months. I ordered I Pro a little while ago from his website as I prefer to support creators directly wherever possible. I chose the more expensive express shipping option offered as I need it for an upcoming gig. Unfortunately I haven't heard anything since except for the automated "order received" email, despite a couple of emails to different email addresses of his. No shipping info etc. Then I discovered the Café and all the posts indicating he is not the most communicative to deal with. I'm not too bothered about communication if he's going to send it eventually (meaning in a few days time) but if he's completely off the radar then I'll have to lodge a Paypal dispute and order from a dealer. Anyone have any insight (sorry!)?
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
He is renowned for going off the radar and taking forever to get back to people and send out orders .
Having said that when you do get his products they are of good quality .
I too prefer to support a creator direct but with Hugo’s items you are far better to go through a dealer imo .
As at least you know it’s in stock and will get regular communication from them Gaz 🙂
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4394 Posts

Profile of videoman
In a perfect world I would buy direct from the creator whenever possible, but in truth I rarely do. Unfortunately most creators tend to be unreliable IMO. Not because they want to be or because they are bad people, but because selling their products is only a sideline for them and they are often too busy with their performing schedules or off on a lecture tour, etc. You have to hope you actually receive the product in a timely fashion, and if there is a problem with it you have to hope they are still around and are willing to help you.

It is just so much easier to deal with a reputable dealer who is not a one man band and has employees whose sole job it is to take care of their customers.

I don’t know what the situation is with Hugo. I suspect he doesn’t really need the money from his product sales but simply enjoys tinkering with devices when the mood strikes him, but isn’t concerned about how many he actually sells or in repeat business. Just my opinion based on what I hear from others.
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
107 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Thanks everyone. In a happy update, I received fedex confirmation today that it’s on its way. Thanks Hugo! Also downloaded the app which seems to work fine on my iPhone (haven’t tested it with the device obviously but it opens and runs ok) - always another concern with these things - so cant wait to try the deck out when it arrives.
Gaz Lawrence
View Profile
Inner circle
3392 Posts

Profile of Gaz Lawrence
Good to hear Andrew but it’s posts like mine and Bills that give these guys the kick up the rear that actually get wheels back in motion .
I am glad you got the confirmation you deserved Gaz 🙂
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insight thread (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL