The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insight thread (22 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2019, Gaz Lawrence wrote:
Good to hear Andrew but it’s posts like mine and Bills that give these guys the kick up the rear that actually get wheels back in motion .
I am glad you got the confirmation you deserved Gaz 🙂

Yep agreed and many thanks to you both and to the Café!
Hinge Thunder
View Profile
New user
New York City
29 Posts

Profile of Hinge Thunder
Thank you all for the very informative reviews and opinions. I just purchased this effect from Tannen's here in NYC and this thread was definitely helpful in my decision making process. Looking forward to to practicing with this tomorrow. 👍🏻👍🏻👍🏻
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
I've read through this thread and I'm not entirely clear what the differences are between the original Insight and the newer Insight Pro. Anyone?

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

I've read through this thread and I'm not entirely clear what the differences are between the original Insight and the newer Insight Pro. Anyone?

I own all three types of Insight released thus far by Hugo Shelley - 1. Insight, 2. Insight Pro & 3. Insight ESP

I find no difference in the Electronic Reader (actually the Reader is a Programmer cum Reader). All three types of Insight function the same. All three can program and read up to 52 tags (cards in this case). Also all the three Readers are compatible with the expensive paid App.

The difference between Insight/Insight-Pro V/S Insight ESP is the cards supplied and hence the difference in price.

Hope this helps.

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
I understood that Insight changed to Insight Pro when the ability to read three cards at once was added (instead of one card at a time). I don't know whether this extra functionality was added to the app, the firmware or the hardware but Ustaad might know. If it's just the app, then there should be no difference. If the firmware was updated too, the old Insight might just read a single card at each pass.
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
6157 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2019, AndrewI wrote:

I understood that Insight changed to Insight Pro when the ability to read three cards at once was added (instead of one card at a time). I don't know whether this extra functionality was added to the app, the firmware or the hardware but Ustaad might know. If it's just the app, then there should be no difference. If the firmware was updated too, the old Insight might just read a single card at each pass.

Thank you Andrew for bringing out the difference between the Insight and Insight-Pro (reading three cards at a time). IMO this is a VERY important difference between the Insight and Insight-Pro. Honestly I have never bothered nor have I paid attention to the Three Card reading and thus you might be quite correct on this. My need and requirement has been totally different for using the Insight Prop.

Since I have just come to India, I won't be able to check this out as majority of my props are lying in the States including the Insight (not the Insight-Pro). I also think that the Insight-ESP Reader also needs to be checked for the Three Card reading.

Sorry for the slip-up on my part. And thank you for the correction Andrew! Smile

Smile
P.S. On this I will hopefully revert back ASAP.
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
Magic Mark
View Profile
Inner circle
After this post I will have
1527 Posts

Profile of Magic Mark
Thank you for the replies!

So, beyond the ability to read three cards in a single stack (via Pro version), what exactly is the difference in the cards? Are the original cards made out of traditional playing card paper while the Pro cards are made of plastic?

I'm really trying to understand why the price went up $150 (or more) between Insight and Insight Pro.

Mark
Doing tricks can be easy, being an entertainer is much harder.
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
The cards are no different, however I am not sure they went up that much between normal and pro, I only paid about $50 more for the pro which came out whilst I was deciding to pull the trigger.

Mark
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
And the insight notifications be forwarded to ones iWatch?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
4191 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Yes the notifications come through on an Apple Watch app.
Mark Chandaue A.I.M.C.
Harpacrown and Harpacrown Too are available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Thanks Mark!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Nov 7, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

So, beyond the ability to read three cards in a single stack (via Pro version), what exactly is the difference in the cards? Are the original cards made out of traditional playing card paper while the Pro cards are made of plastic?

I'm really trying to understand why the price went up $150 (or more) between Insight and Insight Pro.

Mark

There's no difference in the cards between insight and insight pro. Ustaad mentioned a difference in the cards but he was comparing to insight ESP where you get fewer cards supplied. No difference in the quality or finish at all.
The cards have a sturdy, plasticky feel and stand up to lots of use. If anybody comments on their feel (only happened about twice in dozens of performances) I just say they are designed for street magicians with an extra weather-proof finish. They are ever so slightly thicker than regular Phoenix cards but the deck of 52 still fits in a regular Phoenix card box (no jokers or ad cards).
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Nov 6, 2019, Magic Mark wrote:

Mark

Be aware that Insight is not the only game in town to achieve this effect.
There is Cesaral and Illuminati and probably others as well.
There may be price differences but sometimes there are other advantages as well.
I don't own any of these so not saying one is better than the other but just worth taking a look at and making an informed decision before plunking down your hard-earned cash.
MF Tom
View Profile
New user
80 Posts

Profile of MF Tom
We have a daily deal on Insight Pro by Hugo Shelley. $100 OFF only 5 units on this special price. Ready for shipping. Smile

If you interested you can get it at: https://www.mystiquefactory.com/collections/daily-deal

Best,
Tom
novestro
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of novestro
Does the app work with an iPad, too?
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Quote:
On Jan 20, 2020, novestro wrote:

Yes
novestro
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of novestro
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

Yes

Fine, thank you!
novestro
View Profile
New user
40 Posts

Profile of novestro
Quote:
On Jan 23, 2020, novestro wrote:
Quote:
On Jan 19, 2020, AndrewI wrote:
Quote:

Yes

Fine, thank you!

Well, after receiving my Insight Pro I tried with my iPad and it does not work. And by the way, the cards are beautiful but the deck is considerably heavier than a normal deck, thus I think you should always shuffle it yourself and have a spectator choose a card, not let the spectator handle the complete deck!
AndrewI
View Profile
Regular user
154 Posts

Profile of AndrewI
Which iPad do you have, and in what way does it “not work”? I use my iPad all the time (iPad Air). Did you download the App ok? You need to look for all Apps in App Store, not just iPad apps. It’s a native iPhone app but works fine on iPad. Yes the cards are slightly heavier than “normal” cards but most spectators don’t know what is “normal” and I’ve always let them handle them without issue.
mrmagic0
View Profile
Inner circle
Ron Frank
1610 Posts

Profile of mrmagic0
I need some help. I know that a setting needs to be performed so that the card will show on the apple watch. Can anybody tell me? I have the Iphone app and the apple watch app. I used to have it working but had to re-install some things so I don't have the settings right. PM me if you can help.

Ron
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Insight thread (22 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL