We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson Stack Poster (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
I want to hang a poster on my wall with a bunch of cards nicely arranged in Aronson stack. The prettier looking the better. Has anyone done something like this? I tried simply ribbon spreading parts of the deck and taking a picture, but the result looks very ugly.
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
I have a screen shot from an app I made that doesn't look too bad, but its more of a desktop wallpaper than a poster. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9732473/Aronson.png
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Sweet, it's better then what I have, thanks!
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Glad I could help. If you want another copy with any changes let me know. Some easy things to change are:
1. More or less overlap in the cards
2. Different number of cards per line
3. Bigger or smaller position numbers above each card
4. Different background color
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Thanks so much! It's very good, the only thing, maybe is that the cards dance around a little. Is it doable to make them even?

I put that picture on my iPad and use it as reference when I do my workout. I do sets of 13 reps of everything and instead of counting 1,2,3, I say Jack Of Spades etc in my head.

I might try printing as well, but it might not look as sharp.
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Here is another one, this one without the randomization of the rotation angle. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9732473/Aronson2.png
Damon Zale
View Profile
Regular user
175 Posts

Profile of Damon Zale
Thank you!
sjrw
View Profile
Special user
564 Posts

Profile of sjrw
You could get a deck of cards and some mounting board. Then glue each card onto the board in stack order (maybe 4 rows of 13, or 13 rows of 4). Now cut off the excess board and get it framed.
If you've used the Tamariz method for memorising the stack you could do it with your drawn on deck. So you'll have all the stack numbers and memory aids included.

Or you could hang cork board and just pin each card onto the board in stack order. You can get drawing pins with numbers on them ( https://www.flickr.com/photos/fortandfield/4566743326/ ) to stick each card onto the board.
IpswichRich
View Profile
New user
MA
24 Posts

Profile of IpswichRich
Thank you nlokers... this was something I was looking for also.

On Mar 27, 2015, nlokers wrote:
Here is another one, this one without the randomization of the rotation angle. https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9732473/Aronson2.png [/quote]
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Glad I could help. If anyone is interested in the same sort of image for any other stack just let me know.
At the moment I have New Deck Order, Aronson, Mnemonica, my own CryptoStack, BCS, 8 Kings, Si Stebbins, as well as some NDO for the Rider Waite and Thoth Tarot, but I can easily do them up for any stack you like.
J-L Sparrow
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of J-L Sparrow
Quote:
On Mar 27, 2015, nlokers wrote:
At the moment I have New Deck Order, Aronson, Mnemonica, my own CryptoStack, BCS, 8 Kings, Si Stebbins...

I'm kind of interested in your CryptoStack, to be honest. Not that I need an image of it, but I'm always fascinated with people's personal attempts at creating new stacks, and why/how they came up with what they did.

If you'd like to share, I'd be happy to listen. But if you'd rather keep it secret, I can respect that.
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Thanks for your interest! Here is a picture of the stack http://solve-et-coagula.com/CryptoStack.png . I also recently created a private subreddit, which I am inviting anyone willing to try it out and give me feedback. It is quite like the Breakthrough Card System in its ability to determine the next card, but it also has some other nice features that I have discovered and I am kind of hoping that other users discover more hidden properties of the stack. If these users find it useful I am hoping to one day publish it for posterity. I was planning on putting together a post about this in the Café sometime this weekend to give an overview of the stack and to invite people to beta test it.
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber
Nlokers, would you be kind enough to link to your poster of Eight Kings? One of my kids is using it because of a story he read in a Longe book about Longe seeing a magician predict cards on TV and Longe being able to predict right along with the telecast. I'm kind of torn between trying to steer him towards a different stack rather than a cyclical one vs. keeping my mouth shut and not dampening his enthusiasm, and have opted for the latter. I think your Eight Kings poster would be something he'd appreciate.
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Sure, no problem. Do you want it is SHCD order or CHSD order or something else. Also, are you interested in the cards having the haphazard rotations or just straight?
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
RogerTheShrubber
View Profile
Veteran user
301 Posts

Profile of RogerTheShrubber

Thanks very, VERY much for this. I wasn't online when you asked and would have answered CHaSed either way, but am elated to have them all.

Cheers,

Roger
Bowevil
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bowevil
@nlokers If you could do a Mnemonica stack
without the rotation that would be cool.
Nicolino
View Profile
Inner circle
2869 Posts

Profile of Nicolino
Awesome posters - can I send you my own private stack, too?
The Mati Envelope
A brandnew peek device for the working mentalist!

Chance's Token
Tarot cards in a scenic piece of mystery.....
nlokers
View Profile
Regular user
Grand Rapids, MI
143 Posts

Profile of nlokers
Mnemonica
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9732473/Mnemonica.png

Mnemonica Haphazard
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9732......zard.png

Nicolino: Go a head and PM me your personal stack and I can make you one.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Mr. lokers, Thank you.
TH

Occupy Your Dream
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Aronson Stack Poster (5 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL