The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » What apps work on IOS 8.2? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Well I thought I would start this up on here to see if we can get some clear fact's and infomation regarding those who have apps working on a lower IOS .I am led to beleive that upgrading from a lower IOS to a higher one, then some of the all ready purchased apps will not function properly?.

So the question's are anyone running the following apps on an iphone 4s with a 8.2 IOS?
Card 2 Phone,i love these app's and ues them a lot.
Forensic identification assitant.
Paul Daniels calculator.
I force
Magic sword
Promystic morth
AR mind reader
Any Dice
Will I loose photo's and contact's if I push the button and upgrade?
I am a bit of a techno numpty so I tend to listen to rumour or sure I have read on here some horror stories regardong the 2 issues that I have brought up,thank you for reading and hope someone can shine a light on these worries,all the best.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
AR Mind Reader and Card Now should work fine for you. I've updated my phone and they are fine for me Smile
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
I used the latest iOS for my iPhone & iPad.

I bought Paul Daniel's calculator for iPad, and it works
iForce works
Magic Sword works
AnyDice is also works

I didn't bring the necessary card for Morph. So I don't know it's working or not.

If you jailbroken your iPhone, don't press that update button. Use iTunes on your Mac/PC and first backup your phone (to save your photos & contacts) then restore your phone to the latest iOS. If you're not jailbroken your phone you can actually update your phone with that button. If you're afraid you'll lose your data, just backup your phone to your Mac/PC first before the update. If somehow you lose your data, just restore it from your backup.
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Thank you very much gentleman,i do not have a jailbroken phone and I have not got a clue how to save data,back up, all sounds so confusing,lol.i think I will leave it and just use the apps I have at the moment,it is a lot to loose in the long run if I mess it up.
Damian Surr
View Profile
Loyal user
UK
213 Posts

Profile of Damian Surr
I've never Jailbroken either Fire Starter, but updating iOS is usually pretty painless. Apple wouldn't create iOS updated that meant that people lost lots of functionality and/or data/information from their apps. I think you'd be fine to update.
www.gingermagic.com

iPhone magic apps:
www.CardNowApp.com - iPhone Business Card Magic App
www.armindreader.com – Augmented Reality Magic App
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
[quote]On Mar 29, 2015, Damian Surr wrote:
I've never Jailbroken either Fire Starter, but updating iOS is usually pretty painless. Apple wouldn't create iOS updated that meant that people lost lots of functionality and/or data/information from their apps. I think you'd be fine to update.

Sod it I think I will take a chance,as you say the developer's should update and make sure that what they sold us in the first place still blooming well should work.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » What apps work on IOS 8.2? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL