The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Credit cards in wallets with magnet tools - is it safe? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Hi all. We know that it is not recommendable credit cards to be close to magnet. But many magic wallets used magnets (usually for Card-to-wallet effect). Also many other magic tools which usually we keep in a wallet have a magnet - coins, special cards etc.
So - can we use such a wallet with magnet tools as a daily wallet with our credit cards inside?? Opinions, advices?
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
gomerel
View Profile
Elite user
458 Posts

Profile of gomerel
Don't risk it. I had a card that allowed me to park at a reduced rate in the place I was performing. One day, I put it in my vest pocket. I was using a pk ring, which of course may be stronger, and at some point must have put it near the card. So when I was leaving, I had to pay $20 for the day's parking instead of $4. I got reimbursed later for the extra charge but it was a big hassle.
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
No. Your credit card's magnetic strip will be wiped out and any other magnetic strip cards will be wiped clean. When I use a magic type wallet, I carry 2, one on each side of my back pockets. Keep the magnets away from your good wallet. I learned the hard way.
mindmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1740 Posts

Profile of mindmagic
I used to keep my cards in a SAW and had no problem at all.

Barry
Dan Ford
View Profile
Special user
Illinois
754 Posts

Profile of Dan Ford
Cards kept in a SAW will be fine....unless you intend to use it.
hektormagic
View Profile
Veteran user
349 Posts

Profile of hektormagic
Thanks guys! So obviously is better to keep our credit cards in another wallet, not in the wallet with magnet tools.
Creator of the Monster Card, Multi Lock, Mystery Calendar, Houdini Spirit Board, Houdini Pendulum, Houdini House Spirit Set, UniPeek, Love Connection and Mental Card.
Find more on my website: http://hektormagic.com/products
Pirouz
View Profile
Regular user
114 Posts

Profile of Pirouz
One year later and now we have a chip in our credit cards.
Does anyone know if magnets will affect the credit cards with a chip.
My CC has both a magnetic strip and a chip because not all machines have a chip reader yet.
Pirouz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Credit cards in wallets with magnet tools - is it safe? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL