The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16~17~18 [Next]
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1632 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Still no video for Chained last time I checked...the link provided goes to page not found
EVILDAN
View Profile
Inner circle
1251 Posts

Profile of EVILDAN
I was a little bewildered at Chained as well. But then I ran through it a few times and thought it was pretty cool. I'll be giving it a test run during the holidays to see how well it plays to the masses.
by EVILDAN....
"The Coin Board Book" - moves and routines with the coin panel board. - http://www.lybrary.com/the-coin-board-book-p-827955.html
"SLASHER - A Horror Whodunnit" - a bizarre close-up routine based on Bob Neale's "Sole Survivor."
PM me for more info.
"Zombie Town" - a packet effect about how a small town turned into zombies. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=nzJhcoJtyOM
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
1632 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
But still no video as documentation promises...my queries to martinka go unanswered, which is really, REALLY annoying
SydBeckman
View Profile
Elite user
Tennessee
477 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
With their first release in April, Martinka is two months behind. Not a huge deal but it would be nice if they communicated a little better. I'm not sure if they have run out of ideas or the venture didn't make the money they expected or some other reason but the club seems to be less than it was in the beginning.
Syd
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hmm interesting. Well I just joined, so we'll see how it goes..
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2107 Posts

Profile of RCP
I can not log in, reset my password and thy don't respond to emails. Anyone know whats going on with them?
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
I was notified bu them that my order has been paid for. This usually mean
S shipment is a week to ten days away.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4149 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Dec 31, 2015, manreb wrote:
I was notified bu them that my order has been paid for. This usually mean
S shipment is a week to ten days away.

Me too
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2107 Posts

Profile of RCP
Progress, I can login again
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Video is up for Chained for those inquiring.
SlipperySnake
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of SlipperySnake
Can anyone comment on the examinability of Nailed? The comments state it's hard to get loose (which is great in my opinion in regards to examinability), but I was wondering about it "lining up" properly? (don't want tip what I'm guessing is the method, but I've had other gimmicks that look "off" if examined closely. It would be worth it for me to pick one up for $35 if it's good, as I've had fun reactions with my ungaffed gimmick & switch in the past
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3591 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got the newest release today. As with all the releases thus far, the effect is certainly unique. My gaffs are well made and fully examinable. This one ends with an impossible object that can also be examined. Not a killer effect by any stretch, and there is a wonky phase that looks unnatural, but certainly a workable effect. Fun but not nearly as good as Chained.
magicmind
View Profile
Inner circle
Wandering around with
2172 Posts

Profile of magicmind
Quote:
On Jan 11, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
Got the newest release today. As with all the releases thus far, the effect is certainly unique. My gaffs are well made and fully examinable. This one ends with an impossible object that can also be examined. Not a killer effect by any stretch, and there is a wonky phase that looks unnatural, but certainly a workable effect. Fun but not nearly as good as Chained.

I see this "Update - December 24, 2015

Release 8 is nearly complete and we will begin shipments next week. We this release we are exploring a very different premise, it's called confusion and we hope that you like it! Ted"
mine shipped yesterday.... Is this the effect you're referring to emeyers99? Smile
Pay it forward
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4149 Posts

Profile of videoman
Does anyone have any info on Ted Bogusta?
He's credited as the creator of most of the Martinka club releases.
I'm not familiar with the name and just curious to know more about him.
It would probably make for a good article for Magic or Genii magazine.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3591 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Anyone else have release 8 yet? Not my fav but ok. I agree that Ted seems to be the creator of most of the releases thus far. Tough to come up with one original gaff let alone 6 or 7.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Let's see... I first sent payment on Dec 29 but haven't received anything. Wonder if I missed this release.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Checked out all the videos. Some clever ideas. The one I was most intrigued with was KFC coin. If I wanted to score one of those sets would posting a WTB post in the "Tricks & effects for sale or trade..." forum be the appropriate thing to do? Looks like its sold out on the Martinka site.
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
I got the newest release and find it kind of fun. The only issue I am having is making the first "Penny Stick" look realistic. It's not easy handling it without it moving. Wondering if a bit of wax might help? Hmmm. The other awkward moment is when you switch the penny for the dime. Why did the penny suddenly release so easy and why is this not done so the audience can see? Looking forward to seeing their video when it is released.

Perhaps I am overthinking it. And I have performed it for two folks and both were fooled and enjoyed the illusion.

Unfortunately, I had to cut my budget back a bit so this will be my last release for a while. I'll miss the monthly fun!
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Hmm am intrigued..
Managed to get hands on a KFC coin and am messing around with it. Pretty cool.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
284 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Huh. Two charges to my Paypal and still nothing. Watched the video(s) for release 9. Seems kinda method before effect...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12..16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL