The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (21 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
Two Minnie's in The Hell's Half Acre, The Republic of Texas
2109 Posts

Profile of RCP
Anyone? Anything?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Nope. I'm usually the first to get the new releases and I haven't seen anything in two months...although mine apparently shipped several days ago.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
53 Posts

Profile of MERose
According to USPS tracking I'll have my Release #10, "George" on Monday (June 13).

Mike
VegetalPT
View Profile
New user
Portugal
2 Posts

Profile of VegetalPT
How is that possible????? I don't have any email from nobody, only money out from my wallet...

Nuno
VMagical
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Same. Mine says shipping so should have it tomorrow.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
George arrived today. While probably the least original of all the releases thus far, it may be one of the best. Very simple plot where you erase George Washington off a quarter using a gum eraser. Props are good quality as always although the eraser could have been gimmicked better so it could be examined. Because of the nature of the coin gimmick, you can "erase" George using other gimmicks you may already have instead of the eraser that comes with it. As with all the effects, it's not a showstopper. Quick one off at best, but my kids absolutely loved it. So if nothing else, you get a nice quickie for kids that you can carry in your pocket.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On Jun 15, 2016, emyers99 wrote:
George arrived today. While probably the least original of all the releases thus far, it may be one of the best. Very simple plot where you erase George Washington off a quarter using a gum eraser. Props are good quality as always although the eraser could have been gimmicked better so it could be examined. Because of the nature of the coin gimmick, you can "erase" George using other gimmicks you may already have instead of the eraser that comes with it. As with all the effects, it's not a showstopper. Quick one off at best, but my kids absolutely loved it. So if nothing else, you get a nice quickie for kids that you can carry in your pocket.

Eagle or state quarter out of curiousity?
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
State. South Dakota with Mt. Rushmore on the back.
martinka
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of martinka
Eric, happy to hear you like "George". We got good reactions when testing this one and found as you did, that it goes over really well with kids.

Ted
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
Received George today and agree with everything Eric said.
It's probably my favorite release thus far and the only one I will likely end up using to be honest.
So far I have preferred the short and sweet routines like George and Nailed the best.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I neglected to mention one thing regarding George, and that is that I would have preferred the erased part look more like it was rubbed away haphazardly. As it it is now it is perfectly machined in a perfect circle and polished. Just doesn't look very realistic to me.
I may get out the dremel and try making my own. It would be nice if it could be done fairly easily because not only would it look better IMO but it would also allow me to let the spectator keep the coin as a souvenir if I so desired on certain occasions.
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
4153 Posts

Profile of videoman
I had a few minutes today so I got out the Dremel and as I suspected it took a mere few seconds to produce an "erased" coin more to my liking.
I gathered up some quarters and made a dozen in a few minutes.

Then I started playing around with the effect and discovered a couple things.
1. An existing gimmick I already had is a much better fit and therefore looks and works better.
2. I actually prefer doing it without the eraser and just rubbing it with my thumb.

So in effect, I ended up basically making my own gimmick, or at least combining it with what I already had. But I also found that I like the idea itself a lot for a quickie that can be given away if desired. Although I'm not sure what the legal ramifications may be from the US Treasury. But I don't perform on a regular basis so it would be a fairly rare thing for me to do this so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll take a chance that my grandkids won't turn me in. Smile

By no means a killer effect or a mind-blower, but a fun and novel hand-out with a type of effect not often seen.
I'm thinking it may be a nice follow up to Bag4Life, handing out the bag, penny, and erased quarter at the end.
countrymaven
View Profile
Special user
830 Posts

Profile of countrymaven
Hey videoman,
I really like your creativity. Nothing like someone making their own improved version. I can see how people would love this effect, especially kids.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3594 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Any word on the next release?
manreb
View Profile
Special user
648 Posts

Profile of manreb
Quote:
On Jun 24, 2016, videoman wrote:
So in effect, I ended up basically making my own gimmick, or at least combining it with what I already had. But I also found that I like the idea itself a lot for a quickie that can be given away if desired. Although I'm not sure what the legal ramifications may be from the US Treasury. But I don't perform on a regular basis so it would be a fairly rare thing for me to do this so I'm not going to lose sleep over it. I'll take a chance that my grandkids won't turn me in. Smile

Defacing, marking, drilling holes, or in this case sanding Us currency is not illegal per se. It is illegal to do so if the intent is to defraud. That is mark a ten so it looks like a twenty with the intent to use it as a twenty, drill, shave or sand a silver coin and pass it off as it still was a coin of the original weight. So making a clad coin appear as if it was eraed is not an illegal act.
Dana Magic Creations
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of Dana Magic Creations
This is my 1st posting, I felt it was time to do so, to all the coin club patrons I am not exactly sure what is going on with Martinka but I have been with them since the beginning April 2015, since that time I have been billed sixteen times, and have only received ten coins as of now, last release was George, look at your PayPal account you will see they owe you for six-coin releases I have tried to contact them via email numerous times to no avail, they did finally respond with: I will look into this for you and get back to your shortly. Thank you. Diane. that seems to be the only response they give to anyone that has questions.

I would like to know what shortly means because I waited for another update/response I never received one.

Today I filed claims with PayPal on six coin club transactions and three card club transactions, while I was receiving emails from PayPal, I was also receiving emails from Martinka, refund-case closed.

What is so funny, they can not respond to an email asking for an update, but they responded within minutes of the claims being filled.

I have referred numerous friends to them, I thought it was a good deal, and still do, but, not responding is not how you do business. And then collecting monies months in advance.

I have also cancelled my payment subscription so they cannot bill out again.

My advice, do not wait for them to contact you, they won’t, check your PayPal account and file claims, get your money back while you can.
SydBeckman
View Profile
Elite user
Tennessee
477 Posts

Profile of SydBeckman
It's unfortunate but clearly they are above their head. It was a good idea. It would have been better if they billed when delivered. I inquired many months ago and receive a terse rely.
Syd
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of RCP
I am done as well. Paypal disputes filled and recurring payment cancelled.
FrankHorng
View Profile
New user
45 Posts

Profile of FrankHorng
Sorry for asking.
Does anyone know where to buy the latest release George?
I want to get one!
RCP
View Profile
Inner circle
2109 Posts

Profile of RCP
Quote:
On Aug 1, 2016, FrankHorng wrote:
Sorry for asking.
Does anyone know where to buy the latest release George?
I want to get one!

I saw one on ebay and there was one at the Martinika web page
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (21 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..11~12~13~14~15~16~17~18 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL