The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..17~18~19 [Next]
RatdeLabo
View Profile
New user
France
89 Posts

Profile of RatdeLabo
I opened a paypal dispute and threatened them and this is what I received today:

Hi Steve,

I see that your concern was that you didn't receive Release 8, Confusion. We did have a problem with the file that we received from PayPal this month. We have reconciled it and are shipping those that were omitted. You should receive a separate email with your tracking information. I am very sorry for the inconvenience.

Thank you for your patience and understanding. As a small consolation, I am including an extra gimmick that you can use with Confusion and perform it with a quarter, instead of a key. I hope you enjoy it.

Sincerely,
Diane

and for the other relases:

Hi Steve,

The way the system works is that the shipments are generally one month behind. As the subscription window closes near the end of a month, the shipments are made the following month. We are a bit behind right now as we had some issues with components on a prior release. We are working to catch up. We hope you will wait, however, we do understand and will issue you a refund for your most recent payments that haven't shipped. Please let us know your preference.

Thanks for your patience. Hope you enjoy this new release; you should be receiving it shortly.

Sincerely,
Diane
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Received Release 8 shortly after shipping notice.
Feels a little odd with $84 in Paypal charges and to show for it: a dime and penny set and a dime stuck to a key, but my understanding is, if I were to cancel I'd still receive the next two releases fulfilling the $84 charge. So it's all good I guess. I still think it's a neat idea and look forward to seeing the creativity that goes into future releases.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
As of this week I've officially been billed for the whole year, my twelfth PayPal payment processed this week. So far 8 have been shipped to me so apparently they are 4 months behind in the subscription. They have announced that they are going to continue the Coin Club but I think I'll be canceling since I've paid for the first 12 and I'll be content with those (when they arrive).

Mike
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
I received notification that nine has been shipped.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Got 9 today. Amazing what the guys at Martinka can do with quarters. This is a prediction effect using 6 quarters. Simple plot. Unique gaffs. Like to other releases, this is a quicky that is, at best, a "middle" routine. Simple. Not earth shattering.
tyler_rabbit
View Profile
Loyal user
286 Posts

Profile of tyler_rabbit
Received mine a couple days ago. I like the methodology better than the effect. Very clever idea. Trying to think of additional stuff I could do with the gaffs.
phillipsje
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of phillipsje
I love the effects I've received from them but I was wondering if anyone was having the same problem as me.

I've been charged 7 times by Martinka but I've only received #6, #7 and #8.

Are they that far behind?

I emailed them about 2 weeks ago and Diane said she would check on this but I've not heard back.

I've emailed a few times since then but nothing yet.
MERose
View Profile
New user
Maryland
54 Posts

Profile of MERose
Yes, they are that far behind. I have made 12 payments (the full year's worth) and have received 9 installments. So for me they are 3 months behind. I joined in April of 2015.

Mike
rowdymagi5
View Profile
Inner circle
Virginia
3624 Posts

Profile of rowdymagi5
I have just joined Martinka. Looking forward to new releases. Which of the past coin sets are your favorite and why?
Koolmagic114
View Profile
Veteran user
319 Posts

Profile of Koolmagic114
They are also ALWAYS behind in getting the videos up on their site. Wish they would get #9 demo up all ready.
Eddy

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Co-Creator of "TAGZ" / "Iced Over" / " TelePad" / "Penigma"
www.magicianslair.com
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Anyone got word on the next release? They are behind schedule with these releases.
osterloh69
View Profile
New user
13 Posts

Profile of osterloh69
I have been a Martinka Coin Club member since they started it. In the beginning, the releases were quite stable at one per month. After about release 8 or 9, the shipments started slipping. I have contacted customer service a few times now. The first time, they said they were a little bit behind due to manufacturing problems. I was sent my back-ordered item which was about a month late. The next time, I received no reply but eventually the item arrived (a few months late). I have been charged for my subscription for three months now and still not received my next release.

So far, some releases have been better than others. I would not pay the "retail" (non-member) price for most of the items. Throw in the pre-charging for items that arrive months late and I'm getting close to cancelling my subscription. I would be more open and willing to wait if they only charged for an item when it was ready (or very close) to shipping.

Hope this helps others who are current members or those who are thinking of signing up.

Best Regards,
--JohnO
dooblehorn
View Profile
Inner circle
Pittsburg, CA
2482 Posts

Profile of dooblehorn
Isn't a new one due? or past due?
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
It's past due. I've emailed them and haven't gotten a response.
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Interesting coincidence first my post on the café regarding that fact that I prepaid for 5 future releases of Martina club releases stating that enough was enough. I guess something must have happened with the data base. Today I received an email from Martina acknowledging that "George" is in the process of being shipped. They will be four release behind when George is in my hands.
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
Although I have followed this thread, I have not posted here yet. First of all, I'd like to say thank you to all of the members for taking this journey with us and for the many positive comments about the club. Creating, prototyping, and manufacturing a new item each month has been challenging, as well as rewarding, and it is nice to know folks are enjoying the effects.

I understand that folks are anxious to receive each new release and are concerned about the delay. Please be assured that we are working hard to keep the process moving. With a few releases taking longer than expected to produce, we are behind schedule. However, we do expect to be back on schedule within the next few releases.

While all releases are priced the same, some require a larger investment in time and materials. For example, with the last release, "Journey," we created a new type of gimmicked coin and provided three to each member. That release took us a long time as each gaff coin required over 8 operations to complete.

Our latest release is "George" which begins shipping next week. The next two releases after that are already on the bench and in progress. One is an interesting variation on an old gaff and we have been having fun with the prototypes.

If you have any specific concerns or questions about your individual membership, please contact me on the coin club members email. Also, keep an eye on the coin club members only page for release updates. Again, thank you for being part of the club.

Ted
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
martinka
View Profile
New user
67 Posts

Profile of martinka
VMagical, could not check for your email, since I don't know who you are. Please email us again and let us know you are vmagical and we will do what we can to help.

manreb, when we spoke on the phone, a refund for the release in question was offered. I also suggested that if you were not comfortable waiting for the releases to catch up, an option would be to cancel the membership and rejoin at a later time, but I know you wanted to keep your early position in the club. Please message us at the club email and we will be happy to work things out for you.
www.martinka.com

"Buying & Selling Magic for over 100 Years"
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
Ted contacted me and I am now satisfied that Martinka is diligently working toward resolving their production and communication issues. I am satisfied with what I heard and hope that the communication with the community continues.
VMagical
View Profile
Loyal user
216 Posts

Profile of VMagical
Hi Martinka,

Just sent you email. Thank you!
VegetalPT
View Profile
New user
Portugal
5 Posts

Profile of VegetalPT
Ted,

I send you a email and a PM, please reply...
I' member of Coin and Card Club, money out from my pocket and don't receive nothing, not evan a Email from you guys with any kind of explanation... Smile
Thank you!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Martinka Coin Club (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..10~11~12~13~14..17~18~19 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL