The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » When is the time to retire a practise deck (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bogbadger
View Profile
Elite user
Hookland
477 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
At the point when the deck can perform OOTW by itself or when each card has become a fully nutritious sandwich filling!
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3615 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Corn starch...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Theodore Lawton
View Profile
Inner circle
1631 Posts

Profile of Theodore Lawton
Lots of great comments. I like Bill's advice especially. I like to let some practice decks get really trashed, that way, if someone hands you an old ragged deck and asks you to show them something, you are familiar with handling dirty, old cards.

Practicing Mercury folds is another great idea.
Magic is the bacon in the breakfast of life.

God bless you and have a magical day
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Here is an idea:

Set your practice deck aside and get a new one. When you have two practice decks, use them to create a Phantasm gimmick. This is Jamie Daws awesome version of Roy Walton's Card Warp with a cool give-away.

KJ
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3586 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
Another idea for a retiring practice deck is to make 21st Century Phantom (Oz Pearlman) gimmicks and carry some of them with you as give-aways.

This is an effect where you ask for people to name any famous celebrity that comes to mind. You then produce a really cool card cutout that looks like that celebrity.

KJ
Timtom
View Profile
New user
Sweden
56 Posts

Profile of Timtom
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Corn starch...

To put on the cards?
Timtom
View Profile
New user
Sweden
56 Posts

Profile of Timtom
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2015, Theodore Lawton wrote:
Lots of great comments. I like Bill's advice especially. I like to let some practice decks get really trashed, that way, if someone hands you an old ragged deck and asks you to show them something, you are familiar with handling dirty, old cards.

Practicing Mercury folds is another great idea.

that's smart but when I try to learn a sleight of hand I think stick to good decks Smile but later when I know the sleights I will try it out with some old deck to learn that too.

Will definitely use the old decks to things like Mercury fold or other bend of the cards Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » When is the time to retire a practise deck (10 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL