The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another Cop Shot! (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
"blind bigotry" - an interesting phrase...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
5301 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Yes it is a shame. This president had such an opportunity to bring the black and white communities closer and he blew it. He widened the gap.

Of course the history of US racial division was his problem to solve, and dang it he didn't. Don't blame all those white presidents though; they didn't contribute in any way. No sir. Obama must shoulder the blame for racism in America.

The level of blind bigotry on this site just keeps growing. If there were no practical consequences to this empty-headed racism it'd be funny. But it's tragic.

I believe you missed the point. No one said the racial division of people in the U.S. was his fault. However he had the opportunity to bring the two communities closer than any president because of his race and he completely ignored doing so. He actually stirred the pot and made it worse. He did nothing but widen the gap and probably set us back a good number of years. Again my opinion but not mine alone. Obama definitely did not help the situation. Racial tension is higher now than it has been in a long time and not just because of some shootings, but rather how they were handled by the White House. If you have to ask me what actions and what was said there is no use in having this discussion. There has been a racial divide before he was elected. However he just widened it when as the first black president he had a unique opportunity to if not close the gap but narrow it considerably. Unfortunately he chose to widen it.

Exactly! He had the opportunity, better than any other previous President due to his Bi-racial make-up, but chose not to do so.
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, RNK wrote:

Exactly! He had the opportunity, better than any other previous President due to his Bi-racial make-up, but chose not to do so.

So Obama is held to different expectations because of his racial background? You sure about that?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

As acesover is fond of saying:

Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
I see it as odd that it's always the person at the top to blame. Isn't it everyones responsiblity to get along. I see racism is part of the landscape, but it's it time to move on and upwards.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
Hmmm Maybe the black guy recognized the cop from a previous shootout with the cop where the black guy got away.

http://www.whdh.com/story/27683915/polic......-officer
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, tommy wrote:
Hmmm Maybe the black guy recognized the cop from a previous shootout with the cop where the black guy got away.

the articles says "Boston Police Commissioner Williams said the officer fired three shots at the suspect, but none of the bullets hit the suspect."

live target practice seems to be required
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Yes it is a shame. This president had such an opportunity to bring the black and white communities closer and he blew it. He widened the gap.

Of course the history of US racial division was his problem to solve, and dang it he didn't. Don't blame all those white presidents though; they didn't contribute in any way. No sir. Obama must shoulder the blame for racism in America.

The level of blind bigotry on this site just keeps growing. If there were no practical consequences to this empty-headed racism it'd be funny. But it's tragic.

I believe you missed the point. No one said the racial division of people in the U.S. was his fault. However he had the opportunity to bring the two communities closer than any president because of his race and he completely ignored doing so. He actually stirred the pot and made it worse. He did nothing but widen the gap and probably set us back a good number of years. Again my opinion but not mine alone. Obama definitely did not help the situation. Racial tension is higher now than it has been in a long time and not just because of some shootings, but rather how they were handled by the White House. If you have to ask me what actions and what was said there is no use in having this discussion. There has been a racial divide before he was elected. However he just widened it when as the first black president he had a unique opportunity to if not close the gap but narrow it considerably. Unfortunately he chose to widen it.

So did every other president of the US. Why not hold Ronald Reagan to account for not bringing racial harmony? Or is it Obama's job because he's...?

Again you missed the whole point. Obama had the best opportunity because of his race. Had Regan been black he would have had the best opp0ortunity. Just in case you did not notice Regan was white. What is it you don't get? Face it...He blew it in no uncertain terms. End of story. Let me repeat. He blew it. If you think otherwise you are blinded by your love for Obama. You are like a teenage girl swooning over a rock star.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

Probably no one noticed this connection, pay attention ...

Convicted felon Alan West shot Officer John T. Moynihan in the face last week.

In 2001, Officer William Griffiths, also a Boston officer, dodged a bullet as he and a state trooper desperately struggled to take a gun away from a drug suspect, the very same Alan West.

In 1988, William Griffiths' brother, Officer Sherman Griffiths, was shot and killed by Albert Lewin in a controversial drug raid.

Albert Lewin got off scot-free (eventually) after it was discovered that the "affidavit for [a] search warrant filed by Detective Carlos A. Luna was based upon false information and a fictitious informant. Luna was indicted for perjury, conspiracy and filing false police reports while all of the charges against Lewin, including the murder of a police officer, were dismissed." Some other officers were indicted (maybe convicted, not sure about that but I would assume so) for perjury and filing false statements.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Noble_cause_corruption

http://www.nytimes.com/1990/02/16/us/2-b......cer.html

I am not trying to make any point with the above, I was just surprised at the connections.

On the good news front, Officer Moynihan is on the mend and is now expected to make a full recovery:

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/2015/03......ory.html
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Quote:

So Obama is held to different expectations because of his racial background? You sure about that?

Obama was at the right place at the right time. As a result we expected a lot more than we got. Which in this case was nothing but widening the gap and creating more racial tension than we had. Of that I am sure.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Ian McColl
View Profile
Inner circle
1485 Posts

Profile of Ian McColl
Acersover, It is not the responsibility of white people to control the white, it is not the responsibility of the non white people to control the white.
Next you’ll be telling us that women in power should control all other women.

Why are you so inherently racist?
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, Ian McColl wrote:
I see it as odd that it's always the person at the top to blame. Isn't it everyones responsiblity to get along. I see racism is part of the landscape, but it's it time to move on and upwards.

Ha, ha. For the longest time everything wrong in the world was Bush's fault. My how things change when "Obama the wonderful" got there.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Acersover, It is not the responsibility of white people to control the white, it is not the responsibility of the non white people to control the white.

Why are you such a Troll? That is a question everyone wants answered. Is it a hatred of the United States or are you just a frustrated individual?

Just for your information it is the President's role and responsibility to lead. However Obama turned into a Pied Piper as such.

I know responding to your posts is a mistake. I was warned. I should stop feeding the troll. Then maybe, just maybe, it will crawl back into its dark, dank hole from which it came and starve to death. But until them go ahead...feast and gorge yourself.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:

Not impossible, but I don't believe he was thinking that clearly.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2754 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
Quote:

Ha, ha. For the longest time everything wrong in the world was Bush's fault. My how things change when "Obama the wonderful" got there.

I've never said "everything in the world was Bush's fault." Only those things he was directly in charge of. I don't blame him for Katrina, I don't blame him for the levies breaking. I do blame him for the Federal Government's foot dragging in relieving the misery.

I've never said Obama was "the wonderful," I *DO* think he's done a better job in his eight years than Bush did in his. But I'm aware that's just my opinion.

And I don't believe his bi-racial makeup gave him any "mandate" to fix America's racial problems.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
Quote:

Why are you such a Troll? That is a question everyone wants answered. Is it a hatred of the United States or are you just a frustrated individual?

Just for your information it is the President's role and responsibility to lead. However Obama turned into a Pied Piper as such.

I know responding to your posts is a mistake. I was warned. I should stop feeding the troll. Then maybe, just maybe, it will crawl back into its dark, dank hole from which it came and starve to death. But until them go ahead...feast and gorge yourself.

He's calling you out for making racist posts. That aint being a troll.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
173 Posts

Profile of R.S.
Quote:

Again you missed the whole point. Obama had the best opportunity because of his race. Had Regan been black he would have had the best opp0ortunity. Just in case you did not notice Regan was white.

So how would a black Reagan have brought about racial harmony in this country? What exactly would he have said or done?

Quote:
You are like a teenage girl swooning over a rock star.

This is the exact impression I get when I hear conservatives talk about their beloved, do-no-wrong, President-to-end-all-Presidents - Ronald Reagan. Smile

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On Mar 30, 2015, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I've never said "everything in the world was Bush's fault." Only those things he was directly in charge of. I don't blame him for Katrina, I don't blame him for the levies breaking. I do blame him for the Federal Government's foot dragging in relieving the misery.

I've never said Obama was "the wonderful," I *DO* think he's done a better job in his eight years than Bush did in his. But I'm aware that's just my opinion.

And I don't believe his bi-racial makeup gave him any "mandate" to fix America's racial problems.

Did not give him a mandate. But did give him an advantage of which he did not take.

Who do you know was ever in a better position to help ease racial tension than Obama? The answer is no one. We all know that. But he chose a different path. Why? I honest to God don't know. He could have gone down in history as one of the greats instead of just the first president to break the racial barrier.

Make no mistake. History will not be kind to his term in office. I said history, not what is written about him today and tomorrow in the news about him. It is what historians will say, not today's media.

Obama is isolating Israel for some reason and cuddling Iran...makes no sense. The only card we hold that will make Iran buckle is the sanction card. Obamacare is going to cost us billions upon billions and will have to have a complete overhaul in order to really succeed. Because as of yet it has not succeeded. Racial tensions have not been this bad in many years. Most nations at this point in history do not look up to us and feel they cannot trust us. They see us throwing Israel under the bus our only ally in the middle east and must ask themselves, why. They are not sure we will be there for them in time of need.

Make no mistake. Without following through with sanctions Iran will have a nuke within 3 years or sooner without sanctions and it will cause an arms race in the middle east. The really horrible thing about that is that these countries will use them on one another.

Also Iran has no need to develop ICBM's unless they want to arm them with nukes. Yet they are developing them. Ask yourself why. You don't make guns without bullets because they are useless. You don't develop ICBM's without nukes because they are useless. Of course that is just the way I see it. Maybe they are making those ICBM's in order to deliver food to starving children in other continents as we have seen they are a very humanitarian group. Smile
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16239 Posts

Profile of tommy
Slim has more evidence for Houdini's ghost than you have for your racism motive.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
Slim has more evidence for Houdini's ghost than you have for your racism motive.

You got to stop hitting the bottle Tommy. It clouds your mind. Makes you think evil thoughts.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Another Cop Shot! (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.44 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL