The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your own funeral, thoughts and/or planing? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Spread the ashes like the POW's did in the Great escape war movie. If the Germans could be fooled, the Disney teenage staff will be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9zugv1NdMj4
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 4, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Why would they need a haz-mat suit?

Because, oddly enough, the ashes are not sterile. They contain bone fragments and are possible disease vectors.

The problem with the "Great Escape" scenario is that the POWs were able to walk into the garden and drop bits of dirt. The Haunted Mansion riders are, well, RIDING in a car.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Perhaps you shouldn't use discount crematoriums that double as pizzeria’s...

The ashes are sterile and pose no health...... by law.
We shall meet in the place where there is no darkness...
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
@ ed Rhodes, I thought about the great escape method for
Starrpower
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I've heard that too, Ed. Lots of people scatter ashes at the Disney parks. My wife has a location all picked out, in the flower bed at Liberty Square across from the stocks (WDW Florida). That way she can watch the parade go by twice a day.

WHAT CAN I DO WITH THE REMAINS?
You have a wide range of choices. They can be put in a niche in a columbarium, buried, scattered, or kept by the family. Cremated remains might be divided among family members to be kept, sprinkled or buried in several different places (i.e. with a first and second spouse). The ashes are sterile and pose no health hazard. Their disposition is generally not regulated by law.
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
Perhaps you shouldn't use discount crematoriums that double as pizzeria’s...

The ashes are sterile and pose no health...... by law.

Still can't see them being all that safe to breathe.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
No more harmful than dust, not that I'm eager to try...

Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Nonetheless, Disney World does not permit it

Have you ever done something that wasn't permitted?

I know I have. And if that "something" was a loved one's final wish, and it was a simple matter of breaking the rules of a mega-conglomerate, I think I'd do something that wasn't permitted.
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Salguod Nairb wrote:
No more harmful than dust, not that I'm eager to try...

The video is funny. I once saw the similar thing happened by a beach where the onshore wind was strong. Asian tourists enjoying the view wore the deceased because no-one checked the wind direct. The loved one is now all over the place. Memories Smile
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
OP seems to have vanished! Smile

(As the original OP, that is. Smile )
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
Quote:
On Apr 6, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Nonetheless, Disney World does not permit it

Have you ever done something that wasn't permitted?

I know I have. And if that "something" was a loved one's final wish, and it was a simple matter of breaking the rules of a mega-conglomerate, I think I'd do something that wasn't permitted.

I only posted some informational material I though was relevent.

I don't really care if you break any rules or laws. But if you read the link you'll find that it is likely that your loved one's remains won't remain there for long. Who knows where Disney will dispose of them after the are done spraying them down with disinfectant? Washed down a sewer drain maybe?
pollark
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of pollark
Seems like if you are caught spreading ashes at Disney, you will be slugged the clean up costs.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
I thought of it from a different angle, say that you didn't care for the individual that is cremated... and you dump their ashes in the "It's a Small World" ride. After 10 minutes on that ride will make anyone hate that song, now imagine listening to it for all eternity.
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
You could always mix the ashes with porcelain and make a fitting urn. You could even put it on public display. Just think of the locations: Gas Stations, Subway Stations, Public Park facilities, the list go on and on!

In Memory...
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
You could always have the cremains made into diamonds...

LifeGem

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, mastermindreader wrote:
Who knows where Disney will dispose of them after the are done spraying them down with disinfectant? Washed down a sewer drain maybe?

Maybe. What's your point?
ZachDavenport
View Profile
Inner circle
Last time I posted I had one less than
1196 Posts

Profile of ZachDavenport
Hist point is that its ridiculous to have your ashes scattered at Disney world. This is of course an opinion, but I don't think many can disagree after thinking about it.
Reality is a real killjoy.
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I'd rather he tell me what he meant, but since you chimed in, what is NOT a ridiculous way to dispose of a dead person? Bury them for the worms to dine on? Drop them into the ocean (same result, different animals)? Shoot them into space?
Salguod Nairb
View Profile

Room 101
0 Posts

Profile of Salguod Nairb
Pssstt....

Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Apr 7, 2015, Starrpower wrote:
I'd rather he tell me what he meant, but since you chimed in, what is NOT a ridiculous way to dispose of a dead person? Bury them for the worms to dine on? Drop them into the ocean (same result, different animals)? Shoot them into space?

Stop it now - the conversation has nowhere left to go once this basic fact is brought up.

Basically, the end result is the same whatever method is used.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I attended a memorial for an ex-navy guy who had a great sense of humor. His body was displayed in an open casket, and taped inside the coffin lid (facing the assembled crowd) was sign: "I'd rather be sailing."
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Your own funeral, thoughts and/or planing? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL